This was our second visit to Rasananda, the first before it became an Anantara hotel. We are happy to report that our visit was just as spectacular as ever. We traveled with family and friends. We had an Ocean Pool Villa, Ocean Garden Pool Suite and a Garden Pool Suite. All great accommodations. Management and staff provided very good service. Good variety at breakfast and a decent menu for their all-day and in-room dining. The only glitch was that they were out of many of our wine choices but it was no big deal as we found alternatives that were just as good. We also ate off-site but the food was very good at Rasananda so we ended up mostly staying onsite for convenience, especially when we were with our children.
Our friends stayed in their only two interconnecting rooms and from what we saw it was perfect for them and their 4 children. The staff were very accommodating to our many children (6 in total) and really made an effort to engage with them in the same way they engaged with us. It appeared there were equally as many couples on romantic getaways as there were families and never once did it feel crowded.
The speedboat transfer is the way to go, despite the choppy conditions upon our departure.
The only reason we hesitate to give the resort 5-stars is due to some minor details of the hotel seem a little tired (eg. bathroom fixture and door handle somewhat broken but still functional) but the overall design and operation is superb.
What more can we say except that we will be coming back yet again at some point in the future. Special thanks to Patrick Both, the head of reception (sorry...forgot her name) and Angi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked discreetly at the base of a lush mountain, amongst towering coconut palms and just steps from the powdery sands of Thong Nai Pan Noi beach, 64 private pool suites and villas in seven distinctive layouts face the turquoise sea. Comprising indoor and outdoor living spaces ranging from 100 to 250 square metres, each sanctuary reflects its own charming character. In natural harmony with the exotic surrounds, wood and stone features provide a striking backdrop to rich hand woven silks. Luxury comforts inside range from a “blissful dreams” mattress adorned with 500 thread count linens, to a 32 inch flat screen TV with home theatre entertainment, and outside to an indulgent private plunge pool.Guests keep in touch with complimentary WiFi throughout the resort, accompanied by an extensive library with PCs alongside international magazines and newspapers ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Southall Travel, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelUp, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Resort And Spa
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Hotel Koh Phangan
- Rasananda Hotel Ko Phangan
- Rasananda Resort Ko Phangan