Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas
US$86
US$71
Agoda.com
Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan(Ko Pha Ngan)
US$180
US$109
Agoda.com
Sunset Cove Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
US$48
US$44
  • Breakfast included
US$223
US$97
US$93
Agoda.com
Maehaad Bay Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
US$100
US$91
Trip.com
US$257
US$151
Sunset Hill Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
US$63
Hotels.com
Havana Beach Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
US$68
US$66
US$22
US$17
2,133 results
All reviewsapple tvocean pool villaour honeymoonkoh phanganthe general managersmall villagespeedboat transferluna loungeocean frontlittle touchesprivate speed boatjip shopbeautiful beachsamui airportpool barlocal villagesun loungers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed the second time at the Rasananda Koh Phangan as a family with a toddler and we loved it!

The resort is perfect for couples or hip families. We loved that they still manage to keep a good clientele, check out Buris Rasa next door and you can see what I mean....

What we loved:

The Rasananda is located at one of the most beautiful beaches in Koh Phangan, and far way from the infamous Full-moon party. If you want to relax in style this is the place to go!

Barefoot retreat

The food at the restaurant was amazing

Free Wifi in all areas

The clientele is hip & trendy ( Media, Fashion, Entrepreneurs around 30-50)

Sunrise Beach

The little village behind the resort; they caters everything you need

Happy hour & Fat Boys

What do know:

Some Lounge chairs are exclusively reserved for pool villa guests; make sure you get lounge early

The straining dogs are an issue but the hotel managed that they do not enter the resort

Best time to travel: Koh Phangan is situated on the Samui side and and so January-April ( until October) are the best best months for this side; December can be lovely but there is a risk of storm, in December you are safer on Phuket Island, but only until March, as in Phuket the raining season starts earlier.

During school holiday season young families with kids

Romantic couples Beach Resort

Check out my video to get a feeling about the place.....

Room Tip: The rooms are all amazing, my room tips: go for a villa not suite; more privacy you get with a Lagoon Pool villa or a Thai Pool Villa ( they are a bit dark) for beach lovers the "Ocean pool villas" on the ground floor are a must! In December & January try to get a villa on the left side, 1-32, more sun
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Nicole A
PAB77, General Manager at Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Nicole,

Thank you very much for reviewing us on Trip Advisor and it was a real pleasure to welcome you and your family on property. Thank you very much also for your great review.

Now I hope I will have the chance to welcome you back to Anantara in the close future.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

This was definitly one of the best hotels I have stopped at, the staff are so helpful and polite and the manager was also very helpful. The rooms were beautiful and the turn down service at night with the little local sweets (a different one each night) was a lovely touch.

the only downside was it was difficult to get a sun lounger on the beach. A lot are reserved for beach front suites and it tooks a while to find two we were actually allowed to use.

The village it is located in is quite sleepy but does have a couple of great higher class restaurants and a couple of ok bars. It isamazing for a few days but a week would be too long.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Matt,

Thank you very much for reviewing us on Trip Advisor and we are honored that you felt Anantara Rasananda was the best hotel on your trip.

Now we hope we will have another chance to welcome you to our little island paradise.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We recently spent 5 nights at this amazing resort. The mark of any five star property revolves around the high quality of it's facilities and it's exceptional commitment to service. We all expect no less. However, it is an organization's reaction to unexpected or special circumstances that separates the truly exceptional from the just ordinary. We arrived at the resort from Bangkok both suffering from H1N1. The resort went out of it's way to see that we got medical attention, even driving us to a nearby clinic for medical attention. Throughout our stay, no effort was spared to see that we were comfortable and well. For such attention and concern for our well being, we will always be grateful.

Now regarding the facilities and setting, the resort is set in a natural environment and has it's own private beach along one of the most beautiful coves on the island. We stayed in one of the two-level pool villas and found it to be both beautiful and comfortable, with such nice touches as Apple TV. My only concern has to do with the lighting, which could be a little brighter, especially on the outside stairwell. But all in all, an exceptional resort in every sense of the word.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Edison G.,

Thank you very much for reviewing us on Trip Advisor and your great comments about the facilities and services we have to offer. I also hope you recovered from H1N1.

Now we look forward to welcome you hopefully for another stay at Anantara Rasananda.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed 4 days in the ressort and loved it. The staff is great and made the stay totally relaxing. Very good rooms with a good choice of music and movies over Apple TV. Very nice beach access with deck chairs and great views. Very good restaurant with great cocktails. Behind the ressort is a small village to have dinner with good restaurants. For the transfer to the hotel we recommend to organize own private boat, since the hotel offers quite expensive transfer. Also activities offered by the hotel (snorkeling etc. ) are a little overpriced. Overall: Great place to go!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
PAB77, General Manager at Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Dear Christoph G,

Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor following your stay at Anantara Rasananda. We are very happy to learn that you have enjoyed the facilities and services we have to offer.

Now we hope we will get another opportunity to welcome you to our little island paradise.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

We currently staying at this beautiful resort since january 05 until january 12, 2014.

Since many years we travel around the globe and therefore have to admit that we're quite spoiled folks with the respective expectations when we check-in to a hotel. Especially since we take our 21 month old toddler girl every where with us.

Already at the airport of Samui we were greeted by friendly staff and immediately taken to the pier where we had to take a private speed boat (due to the late hour we arrived).
The transfer itself was held as a "little event": the very friendly boat crew welcomed us onboard with sparkling wine and a platter of fingerfood, plus showed us during the approx. 40 minutes ride on a map which route we were taking. This made us feel like home.

The speed boat arrived just at the sandy beaches in front of the hotel where the Anantara Rasanda staff greeted us warmly. At the reception we were got an additional welcome by two members of the management, which I truly appreciate!

We stay in a comfortable Thai Pool Villa (2 floors, upper floor is the actual habitat and the ground floor is the lounge area.

Our friends with their 2 1/2 year old toddler girl have stayed at the Lagoon Pool Villa which is as well very beautiful, granting as well enough privacy. You can access it by a little stair which overarchs a pond with Kois, i believe, in it.

I went to see as well the Ocean Garden Pool Suite. Those who like it will love it, as they have their own space at the beach with a lounge area. I have to admit, that I considered booking the Ocean Garden Pool Suite or the Ocean Pool Villa, but it got me worried that my toddler girl would go and run off, since they have direct access to the beach;)

I guess, I will book one of them, as soon as my daughter will get older.

For our next stay at the Anantara Rasananda (yep, for sure!), we will have difficulties to choose which room to go for, as all three I (Thai Pool Villa, Lagoon Pool Villa and Ocean Garden Pool Suite) have their own individual beauties.

It is amazing how well trained the staff (all Thai) is and how attentive they are. They really almost can read your wish from your lips, I respecially appreciate this, since we are traveling with a toddler.
They are very professional, extremely friendly, helpful and child friendly.

I am using their babysitting service on a daily basis. The only little critic here: I want to have a babysitter who understands what I am briefing her on, but the friendly Anantara Rasananda staff, who saw this, just took the wind out of my sails away (I am not a very patient person), hurried by and translated everything what I said to the babysitter. Well done, I must say.

The food is just fantastic (both Thai and Western food)!!! No wonder the manager responsible for the F&B is French.

All in all the Anantara Rasananda is one of the best resorts I've stayed with. It has such a relaxing and easy going atmosphere... and we really feel on vacation, getting this pampered and spoiled.

Our first time and definitely not our last time!

Keep on going like this Anantara Rasananda!!!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Elle K
PAB77, General Manager at Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Elite K,

Thank you very much for reviewing us on Trip Advisor during your stay at Anantara Rasananda. I am very pleased to read that you are enjoying the facilities and services we have to offer.

I wish you a fantastic reminder of your stay.

Kind regards