We stayed at this hotel for three nights during a long weekend in Thailand. The best thing about this hotel is its beach. The hotel sits at the center of long beach and the beach section right in front of the hotel is the best with the water so clear and the sand so soft. It is one of the best beaches I have ever been to in Thailand. Besides Anantara, there are couple of hotels and restaurants on the same beach, but the place was relatively peaceful. Unlike other beautiful beaches in Thailand, there were no vendor wandering around the beach and no tour boat dropping day-trip tourist on this beach.
The hotel itself is very peaceful although relatively small with only one restaurant and two small connected pool which can be packed with kids. But other adult guests seemed to be happy lounging by the beach. The bedroom and bathroom in our garden villa are spacious but the pool is just a dipping pool. The room and the entire hotel were very clean.
We arrived by a private speedboat and were very impressed with appetizers awaited for us on the boat. Breakfast was good but we were not very impressed with lunch / dinner. Luckily, there were many restaurants behind the hotel and some of them were very good.
Having member of staffs waiting to greet us on the beach when our boat arrived was a nice touch. Although there were some friendly and helpful staff, overall service could have been better as we had to keep looking and calling for waiters (particularly during lunch and dinner time) and pool staffs (for towels and drinking water).
Overall, I still consider this hotel quite a gem and recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked discreetly at the base of a lush mountain, amongst towering coconut palms and just steps from the powdery sands of Thong Nai Pan Noi beach, 64 private pool suites and villas in seven distinctive layouts face the turquoise sea. Comprising indoor and outdoor living spaces ranging from 100 to 250 square metres, each sanctuary reflects its own charming character. In natural harmony with the exotic surrounds, wood and stone features provide a striking backdrop to rich hand woven silks. Luxury comforts inside range from a “blissful dreams” mattress adorned with 500 thread count linens, to a 32 inch flat screen TV with home theatre entertainment, and outside to an indulgent private plunge pool.Guests keep in touch with complimentary WiFi throughout the resort, accompanied by an extensive library with PCs alongside international magazines and newspapers ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Resort And Spa
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Hotel Koh Phangan
- Rasananda Hotel Ko Phangan
- Rasananda Resort Ko Phangan