This is the best resort we have ever been to, and was the perfect start to our honeymoon.
The staff are very friendly, greeting you and asking how you are going almost constantly. The level of service is above and beyond, and the grounds and resort beach is kept in an immaculate state.
They often have entertainment during or after dinner, ranging from cinema on the beach to Thai dancing and traditional music. If that's not your thing, you can quite easily head back to your villa or room and be completely unaware that anyone else is around.
Situated on the quiet side of Koh Phangan, the beach is almost silent apart from the muffled sounds of the waves hitting the beach. This was fantastic for my new wife, who wanted nothing more than to slowly come down from the stress and organising entailed in a wedding. Sitting on the beach for hours on end, or lounging at the front of our beachfront villa in the private pool, it was like we were the only people around.
During our stay we noted that this particular area was almost void of children, and was predominantly a couple destination (or so it seemed during our stay), with everyone seeming to be very respectful of the fact that this was a place for everyone to relax. Each villa or room is separated by well kept gardens, and with every trip to the main part of the resort for breakfast or to head out, you'd shuffle along a boardwalk, covered in with plants and gardens on each side, while under the boardwalk a long and winding series of ponds full of koi and water lillees.
The younger people and backpackers seem to stick to the Western side of the island, where the Full Moon parties happen quite regularly. If you want to check that side of the island out(Thong Sala, is also full of places for shopping) there are many taxi cars or boats who will take you there at a small cost. There's also a small village behind the resort that has pharmacies, taxis, scooter hire, travel/tour bookings, restaurants and local foods if you want to try something different.
We did not venture far from the resort most days though, and the array of food on offer, be at at the swim up bar, or service in your room was exceptional. Try the wagyu beef burger, the squid or the barracuda. Delicious.
The only negative we could find, would be that after a few days, we noted the breakfast buffet did not vary much at all, but with that being said it wasn't something that would make you go elsewhere.
The private pool was shaded most of the day, which was also a slight negative, as you needed to leave the pool in order to catch some sun.
Other than that, we couldn't speak highly enough of the resort and the service. If we ever head back to Koh Phangan, it will be to the Anantara resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked discreetly at the base of a lush mountain, amongst towering coconut palms and just steps from the powdery sands of Thong Nai Pan Noi beach, 64 private pool suites and villas in seven distinctive layouts face the turquoise sea. Comprising indoor and outdoor living spaces ranging from 100 to 250 square metres, each sanctuary reflects its own charming character. In natural harmony with the exotic surrounds, wood and stone features provide a striking backdrop to rich hand woven silks. Luxury comforts inside range from a “blissful dreams” mattress adorned with 500 thread count linens, to a 32 inch flat screen TV with home theatre entertainment, and outside to an indulgent private plunge pool.Guests keep in touch with complimentary WiFi throughout the resort, accompanied by an extensive library with PCs alongside international magazines and newspapers ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Resort And Spa
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Hotel Koh Phangan
- Rasananda Hotel Ko Phangan
- Rasananda Resort Ko Phangan