We stayed at the Anantara for 7 nights as part of our honeymoon in an Ocean View Room. We picked this hotel as we wanted a luxury hotel, directly on the beach, but also with the option to go out of the hotel to eat / drink, which there is the opportunity to do here.
The beach is beautiful, water is cool and long enough to have a stroll round. We explored most of the island, and I would rate the beach as one of the best on the island (although note that it is on the East coast, so you won't see the sunset over the sea!). It is very clean and safe and didn't have tour groups / long tail boats rocking up every 30 mins like you get on some of the other beaches. With our room type, we had reserved loungers on the beach every day, which was a nice touch.
Pool area and pool bar are very relaxed and are well designed / decorated. Good happy hour cocktails!
The room itself had a private plunge pool on the balcony, very comfortable king sized bed, and lovely bathroom with huge shower cubicle. Fan and AC meant good relief from the heat, and no bugs! Very clean, fluffy towels, robes - the full 5 star experience.
We did not eat in the restaurant at night, as to us it seemed quite expensive (and was usually a buffet), but the breakfast buffet was good (egg station, western and Asian dishes, fresh fruit). There are a number of good, affordable restaurants in the village behind the hotel, as well as a lot of massage houses (Tanaporn Massage is good), supermarket and ATMs. Make sure you try Handsome Sandwiches for a burger at lunch, and Better than Sex (terrible name, good food) for dinner.
I would echo the other reviews around the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, and overall our experience was hugely positive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked discreetly at the base of a lush mountain, amongst towering coconut palms and just steps from the powdery sands of Thong Nai Pan Noi beach, 64 private pool suites and villas in seven distinctive layouts face the turquoise sea. Comprising indoor and outdoor living spaces ranging from 100 to 250 square metres, each sanctuary reflects its own charming character. In natural harmony with the exotic surrounds, wood and stone features provide a striking backdrop to rich hand woven silks. Luxury comforts inside range from a “blissful dreams” mattress adorned with 500 thread count linens, to a 32 inch flat screen TV with home theatre entertainment, and outside to an indulgent private plunge pool.Guests keep in touch with complimentary WiFi throughout the resort, accompanied by an extensive library with PCs alongside international magazines and newspapers ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Booking.com, Agoda, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotels.com, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Resort And Spa
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Hotel Koh Phangan
- Rasananda Hotel Ko Phangan
- Rasananda Resort Ko Phangan