“A restful stay”

Loyfa Natural Resort
Ko Pha Ngan, Thailand
“A restful stay”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights over the New Year period. On arrival I was upgraded to a Pool Room. to begin with I thought this was going to be next to the swimming pool but I soon discovered that I actually had my own plunge pool with spa jets and a magnificent view out towards the sea. The room was delightful and I was very comfortable, the food was very good and catered well for a vegetarian. The staff were all extremely helpful and indeed happy. I would stay here again but I would not recommend it to infirm or elderly guests as there are some rather steep steps down to the restaurant, the swimming pool and the beach.

Room Tip: Try for Room P1.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank dantho

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

A friend and I stopped over at "Loyfa" for a few days to sample what Koh Phangan had to offer...
Firstly the Hotel is located on a great part of the island offering excellent beaches and a short scooter ride into town or other bars & restaurants. This is perfect as it leaves you with some peace and quiet (except if you meet some awesome guests at the hotel bar)

Price wise this hotel is well positioned, service is outstanding and the staff went out of their way to ensure our stay was enjoyable. Christmas spread was put on for Christmas day, food is excellent with the Chef having run numerous restaurants overseas so quality is excellent.

Scooter Higher, Beaches, Rooms were excellent and they are still investing in the resort which makes it a place I will def return to see.

Anyone looking for a lively hostel environment this is not the place to come... but it's a short hop to some good bars onto he beach where things get lively to say the least.

Highly recommend this for Couples, Groups of Friends etc... ultimately the Staff nailed it and gave us a taste if island hospitality.

Room Tip: Beach Villas are awesome, also newer rooms are situated at the New Pool area.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank lrdweasel
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel was everything that a brochure and even more, a little piece of paradise, if you want to relax on holiday. The restaurant meals were of a suitable size and very tasty. The staff was very nice and they helped each case which came to mind. We were supposed to be only 5 nights but we had 10 nights.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nalleysi
Isleworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

Fully booked and paid for a 'beach villa ' via Expedia in April . On arrival in August , they presented us with a print out of an email they 'd sent a couple of days earlier saying they were switching us to two double rooms , for the first 2 nights , then we had to check out , settle our bill , wait until 3.00 then check back in to another room. They marched us around the resort for 2 hours trying to find a suitable room for the second part of the stay, and, somewhat exasperated , we agreed on a single room with extra beds thrown in . Expedia refunded us several hundred pounds when we got back to the UK, but said they couldn't get in touch with the hotel . Staff otherwise nice, location poor, breakfast poor but dinner quite good and reasonable pool. However , our holiday was a disaster - still don't know why they didn't give us the room we'd paid for, but suspect they could get more from other guests booking later so we got bumped out ( i.e. Greed).

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Vermilla2008
George Town, Malaysia
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I stayed at the Loyfa Natural Resort, Koh Phangan, Thailand for a total of five nights. I originally planned for just two nights since it was a bit more than I wanted to spend. But upon moving to a cheaper (by 100 BHT) bungalow up the beach a bit, I caught a cold. And with no hot water I decided that the Loyfa Natural Resort was a perfct place to recuperate. I decided to stay an extra 2 nights to recover. And then I decided to stay an extra night and catch an early ferry back to the mainland to catch my train. At about ten minutes of ten PM they found me at the bar (yes, I was in recovery) and asked me to come to the front desk where they told me that I had made a mistake regarding my train to Malaysia. the manager called the traina gent and inquired, but didn't arrange a solution for me with him, even though she had him on the phone. when I asked her to inquire for a solution, they were already closed. At least I didn't have to get up at 5:30 AM. So in the morning I did some gentle complaining since the front desk lady had gladly taken my 600 BHT for the additional night after we discussed my train schedule. So they bought me breakfast for my troubles. they have two people onstaff who have spent years in Canada and the US and speak essentially native English, which was quite helpful. On the negative side the front entrance to the resort is littered with their construction debris. the resort is up on a hill above Seeretanu, so the walk is a bit steep. I stayed in the apartments which are back a ways, along the road. It wasn't a bad thing at all, except my corner room was right next to the road. My second time there they put me upstairs, with a view out the back window of the ripe green coconuts in a palm just outside. It was very nice. They have fast WIFI all over the resort and a hot shower. And they just filled their second pool. the food was really pricey, their massages about 100 BHT more than in town. But overall, it was a great and comfortable place to chill out and watch the glassy Gulf of Thailand. oh, ya, the bed was a bit sparce, I seemed to have bruised my elbow on the springs inside. I hate to say it, but the beds down at the bungalows on the beach were a bit more cushioned.

Room Tip: if staying in the cheaper apartments, request an upstairs room.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank JonathanSerif23
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The resort is peaceful and is very well kept, the staff were very helpful, rooms are comfortable but the TV reception was poor.
We booked via booking Bookings.com but the location on their map is wrong, it caused us problems trying to find it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank luvmyhols101
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our four night stay in Loyfa this August. The resort location is great in terms of exploring around the island.

The resort itself is lovely and is incredibly cheap for the services that it provides.

We stayed in the apartment block and our room, whilst a little small, was fine for what we needed it for as we hardly spent any time in there anyway!

All of the staff at the resort are exceptionally pleasant and always greeted you in passing.

The pool is lovely and great for an after breakfast dip! Incidentally, all of the food at the resort was fantastic and we ate dinner there three out of the four nights that we stayed. Breakfast was plentiful and the thai green curry was amazing!

There is a massage area overlooking the beach, which was brutal but enjoyable!

Koh Phangnan itself is great and we hired motorbikes from the resort twice to go out exploring; the beaches on the north coast of the island are postcard perfect and about a 15min ride away. Without motorbikes, you would be dependant on getting taxis everywhere as the resort is too far away from most things by foot.

Loyfa is really excellent value for money, and the staff were all very friendly and professional. If I return to Koh Phangnan, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple