“Chilled out, Friendly”

Ranked #15 of 132 Ko Pha Ngan B&B and Inns
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
“Chilled out, Friendly”
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights in feb 2013 and had a fantastic time.

The couple that run the place are very friendly and accomodating. A few days in I got quite sick (stall food at the full moon party) and the husband drove me to the hospital free of charge and seemed genuinely concerned for my well being. Also when i left for Thongnaipan (beautiful northeast beach of Koh Phangan) the wife organized for her cousin to give me a ride there for half the price it would have cost with a regular taxi.

And yeah.... army of awesome cats.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 27 February 2013

We stayed 18 nights at Rung Arun Resort and could not be more pleased. A private beach and a really fresh pool. The rooms were cleaned every day and the whole area is really nice. Even if it is close to everything, it's really peaceful and quiet .. Good food at good money, and what made the experience extra good is the Thai couple that runs the place. Incredibly nice and helpful. If we come back to Koh Phangan so we will definitely book this place again

Unfortunately the beds are slightly hard.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Toulouse, France
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I booked a beachfront bungalow for my friends and I and I paid 40% of the whole amount with paypal. Got a receipt and a confirmation email by the resort, OK you get the room R04 which is front beach.

Upon arrival, I'm told nooooo you can't get the beachfront, it's already occupied by people who booked for longer than you. And that's it, we get another bungalow, no refund, no excuse.

That's plain dishonesty and I suggest you only to book this place if you don't care where you'll be put.

Otherwise, nice place although the beach is not good, terribly windy and full of awful seaweeds.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank C2M_Paris
sydney
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I went back to Koh Phangan after the last visit 10 years ago and witnessed new overly developed face of the island.
In the middle of all sort of touristy attractions, this resort is just a perfect place to retreat back after a long day.

Rung Arun resort is a local owner's operated accommodation. It has relaxing atmosphere. It's rather small but spotless, cozy and not overly fancy. The beach at the front is just serene and perfect thanks for all staff and the owners. The owners are a very lovely couple. They love animals and therefore has adopted an army of cats, all with charming personality and two lovely dogs. If you are an animal person, these special crew won't fell to make you feel like home.

I hope this place will stay exactly the same for my many next visit to come.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2012

This place was fantastic, we will definitely be going back. The staff are so hard working the place is spotless. The owners are brilliant, their part of the beach is kept pristine, the location is excellent the food here and at the surrounding resorts was great - next door does beach BBQ, walk down a bit and enjoy a quite drink and watch he sunset at bob marley bar and on the other side you can get abit livelier with some louder bars and resorts. But rung Arun is definitely a good choice all round. It you really good coffee, cake and breakfast on the road at the top of the resort on the main road is a coffee bar - these people too are totally amazing too and the coffee is to die for.

Room Tip: All rooms are great - we had a beach front at first but we stayed longer and moved to a garden view...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lilapumpkin
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I stayed at Rung Arun a few months ago and loved it. It was one of those places that I say to myself "I'll take the time to give them a great review when I get home", and then I get lazy and never do. But this time I am because they really helped me out.
After months of travel I realized I left a memory card with many weeks of pics somewhere. I emailed Rung Arun and they got back to me saying they had found a card. They have now mailed it back to Canada, and have not charged me a penny, even though I've tried to pay for their troubles and mailing costs.
The other reviews will tell you why to stay here (great beach, amazing people, good food), so I'll leave mine at that.. they are genuinely great people that will go the extra mile, even after you've stayed there.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Jordka
Shenzhen, China
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Stayed here for 7 nights in Koh Phangon, for the Full Moon party. We booked online as we were worried about availability of things for the full moon. The resort was empty for the first few days though until the full moon party. The resort is quiet and relaxing... Very clean and has a great spot on the beach. The couple who run Rung Arun are very nice, and extremely helpful.
If you are looking for somewhere a bit more lively the resort next along on the beach is very lively, and does an amazing BBQ in th evenings. Having said that you can't hear the loud music from Rung Arun - which is good if you like your sleep! There are lots of cats and dogs on this resort, but they are very freindly!
I would come back here again, despite it being a little too far away from Had Rin or any shops... This is fine of you hire a motor bike, but if not, then expect to pay 50-100 baht to get into Thong Sala.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends