“Perfect place to relax”

Ranked #15 of 92 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Beijing, China
“Perfect place to relax”
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Yes it's off the beaten track, but not so much. On this island, you should have transport anyway to explore and enjoy it properly. The place and the room was excellent, the service was fine if somehwat relaxed and the overall experience was very pleasant. Would go back again and again. The management has a great attitude and the staff are really nice. Five starr it ain't but it's probably the best value on the island overall. Can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Beijinger007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Thai first
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

I picked this hotel on a reccomendation from a friend and it was fantastic. The hotel was clean and spacious, the rooms were stunning with everything you possibly needed. The staff were more then helpful and couldn't do enough for you. On my birthday I even got cake brought to me by the pool. Thanks Adam, Gig and Syl for your hospitality. The location was also perfect for a quiet getaway. I will be staying here again on my next trip to Thailand. If beautiful sunsets every night are what you are after, this is the place to be.

• Stayed February 2012
4 Thank emmawilkinson2010
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I just absolutely loved the place, it’s fantastic. The views – well, there’s hardly any sea-view comparable to this; simply idyllic. Especially from the lounge, when you watch the sunset. The atmosphere is veeery cool and relaxed, lovely staff makes you feel at home and they will help you with literally everything!

Our room was big, comfortable and very elegant, really liked the kitchenette – can come handy! And the pool! Not too big, but so romantic! Watching storm over the marine park was a magical experience. I would especially recommend the place to couples – you will love it, I’m sure!

The only downside might be a big hill on which the resort is located, but it is worth to climb it for the views. I personally don’t mind walking and enjoyed strolling down to the beach and the village, but I would anyway recommend to rent a moped. It’s cheap and will take you where you want whenever you want. So get it and explore the island! We spent almost one week on Koh Phangan and there was always something to do there. Mae Haad beach, not far from the resort, is worth recommending.

Generally, we had such a good time at Sunset Hill. I could finally rest and relaxed myself, which was especially good after two weeks of intensive travel before. The location of the resort was definitely suitable for me, away from all the hustle of Haad Rin; it has this peace and tranquility you look for on your holidays. But it can be fun too! You can easily enjoy the nightlife at the nearby beaches (moonset party at Pirate’s Bar is a must!) or just in one of the bars down the hill. If I had to describe this part of the island in three words that would be yoga and Bob Marley ;-)

Thank you for everything Sunset team!

4 Thank Eva L
The Netherlands
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We stayed in this resort in March for 6 days and enjoyed every minute of it! It was my third time in Koh Phangan and I am sure this is the best place to stay on this wonderfull island. We stayed in the Penthouse, where the stunning views welcome you every day. The view from the pool it absolutely amazing, very romantic, and different every day.

Allthough the resort is located on one of the best spots on the island, we would recommend to rent a scooter and explore the island doing so. It is just amazing to visit all the other beautifull spots of the island and drink cocktails and fruitjuices on the many, many, many beaches. After a full day of exploring the island by scooter, it feels so good to come back to the Sunset Hill resort and find luxery, relaxation and excellent food while enjoying the amazing view that this resort has to offer.

We would also like to thank the friendly staff, who did everything to make us feel comfortable and welcome. We promissed them to come back and we definately will! The combination of such a piecefull island and this beautifull resort is just the ultimate holiday for us.

4 Thank LemonTheNetherlands
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Koh Phangan was the place in Thailand which we settled at for the longest, 5 days. We were there for the Full Moon Party and my friends birthday so we booked into the Sunset Hill Resort with plans to relax in the lap of luxury and we weren't disappointed. The room was fabulous and very clean with all the mod cons. The veiws from the Sunset Lounge were absolutely amazing during the day, and at sunset... just WOW! The staff were very welcoming an so helpful whenever we needed anything. I will definitely be staying there again if I go back to Thailand and would highly recommend the Sunset Hill Resort to anyone looking to stay in Koh Phangan.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Mandy M
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Our party stayed at the Sunset Hill Resort for 2 nights, and was most enjoyable. The hotel is nicely laid out, and feels very spacious. The spotless rooms are modern, but still have that Asia touch! The resort is peaceful with the most amazing views, I would recommend a cocktail in the bar for sunset! Staff were friendly and helpful, but I have to say my favorite member of staff is monkey the hotel dog ;)...
On the downside, it is located in a very quite part of island. And if I had any other comments it would be for more loungers at the pool,
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to relax and unwind and get away from it all, not a place for some of the party people who visit Koh Phagnan....

4 Thank Clairebear12840
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2012

The rooms were very clean and modern. The location was far enough away to relax and enjoy the beautiful sea views, but close enough to get to the beach etc.
The staff at the sunset hill resort really made this trip! So helpful and kind. The food was yummy and the cocktails were delicious.
We were in a group of 6 and there to experience the famous full moon party. The hotel organised everything for us! Dinner, transport (with takeaway bacardi breezers!) and told us everything we needed to know. Although, they could have warned us more about those buckets of booze ha ha.
I would reccomend this place to everyone, I honestly can't fault it one bit.
Thanks again to the staff for looking after us. We miss sitting with our Mai Tai's on the thai chairs looking out to the beautiful sea!!

Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends