“5 out of 10”

Ranked #3 of 132 Ko Pha Ngan B&B and Inns
Bordighera, Italy
“5 out of 10”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I would not recommend a friend of mine to choose this property.
BY reading all the reviews it def has a very good reputation but reputation is something to uphold and in our case the service was not as good as we were expecting after reading Tripadvisor.
I was under the impression that everytime I approached the counter the girl I bothered her a lot and she was giving yes or not answers which is quite frustrating when you are in a new place and trying to explore the area and enjoy every minute.

Once I order some fish for the following day BBQ and after having ordered the fish I asked her politely if what I had order so far was good enough for two people and she laughed and replied she had never seen me eating... how was she supposed to know that?

After settling the bill this girl at the counter did not even say thank you not bye nothing....that was the confirmation that for some unknown reason she did not like us but I did not even say anything to the canadian Owner who runs the place since she had a strange behavior too.
Very simple bungalow but very cheap, dinner is good, but not better than any other place in the Island.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Polish first
Freshwater, Australia
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at Seaflower for 7 nights at the end of June/beginning of July 2014 and we will be going back again. The owners and staff made our stay very enjoyable and everyone there was happy to help you.

The resort is located on the beach and it has one of the best gardens I have seen. The gardens attract so much wildlife like birds, butterflies and if you’re lucky you will see hummingbirds in the morning. It was so nice walking through the gardens in the morning seeing all this, it made the best start to the day.

Our accommodation was clean and everything worked well (lights, air conditioning, bathroom amenities). I think most bungalows have a hammock and we used our one every day.

Seaflower has it own restaurant and we found ourselves eating lunch and dinner there everyday as the food is fresh, tasty and very well priced. The menu has all the traditional Thai selections plus a selection of western foods. We tried both varieties and what we got was great. You are able to order in advance a fresh seafood BBQ with salad and one of the best baked potatoes I have eaten, this is a must if you stay here. They cook it on an open flame BBQ by the beach.

Heaven Bar is also part of Seaflower and this is one of the best bars going round. Situated right on the beach you are able to enjoy a few drinks while the sun is setting listening to good tunes. You can get beers and their cocktails are great. We were down there every afternoon enjoying the sunsets and meeting new people.

Massage shops, scooter hire shops, 7 Elevens are located very close by.

Thank you to the owners and staff at Seaflower. We will not forget our stay here and we will be coming back for a baked potato.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Pitt Meadows, Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Our stay here during the 3 nights was very good due to it great location & price for a nice bungalow. Our unit was about 30 meters from a quiet & secluded small beach. It's very nice if you are looking for this vibe. We lounged here for 1 day but decided to check out Mae Haad, which is excellent for snorkelling & the beach area is much bigger. This area is great for riding scooter as it's super chill, however, just be careful as some areas have sharp curves & road is quite steep.

Our bungalow was spacious with a lovely front terrace with seating area & super cool hammock! Our was very clean with ceiling fan only but it was fine due to style of roof. Bathroom was big, clean, toilet flushed well & shower had great water pressure.

We felt restaurant on property was a bit expensive, not a lot variety & tasted just ok. Thus, we ventured outside for food, which wasn't all that great either. Overall, this area is very quiet so even the roads at night is quiet & restaurants are not very busy. We had a chill time here but we will try the main beach (Haad Rin Nai) next time as this area lacked variety in good food options & a big beach.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I just want to agree with the general consensus that Seaflower Bungalows is an excellent place to stay for a peaceful retreat or a romantic getaway on Ko Phangan (or however you spell the island, I can never remember). Unfortunately, my trip here was for the former reason, but I certainly hope, to return for the latter at some point. This place is right on the beach. Clean, spacious rooms. I had an air con one, which I would definitely recommend. Big front porches with chairs and a hammock to relax on. Good, inexpensive food at the restaurant. Pickup at the pier. Staff is friendly and attentive. My water heater stopped working on the second day and by the afternoon a new one was installed. I can't sing this Seaflower's praise highly enough. And all for a very reasonable price. When I think of the perfect beach getaway, I now think of Seaflower.

Room Tip: Room 20 is right on the water.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Watlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights and I have to say it's the most amazing place I have ever stayed on Thailand! It had it all; beautiful surroundings, lush greenery, good food, high level of customer service and authentic Thai rooms! I will 100% be returning!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Province of Lecco, Italy
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I decided to stay here upon suggestion of a friend and i could not be happier about my choice.
Seaflower is a little corner of paradise. There are accommodations for every taste and pocket. I had a large bungalow, next to the sea. I went to bed and i could hear the water. Room was very big, with AC and fan. Bathroom had a hot shower and was big enough. Cleaning was done regularly (every 2 days) and towels and bedlinen were always smelling of clean.
The ouside terrace with chairs and hammock was great and there is also water before entering the bungalow to rinse feet from dust or sand.
The main area where breakfast is served is wide and comfortable and with wireless internet perfectly working, so when i needed to work (!!) i could do that easily.
The bar on the beach is a perfect spot for lunch or a drink at sunset. The food at restaurant was really great and with a good variety and pricewise more than adequate.
Every little detail is taken care of, including the constant cleaning of the walkways from fallen flowers and leaves. The garden is very well kept. Everything, from bungalows, to common areas are spotless clean. Lise, the owner, is a lovely friendly person and does this job with a real passion and you can see it from the way she keeps everything in order and makes sure guests feel comfortable and leave happy.
The beach is sandy and nice and also equipped with some sunbed.
You can rent kayaks as well.
I will certainly go back if i have the possibility and would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ilabo_12
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This place is very professionally run, while retaining a real family atmosphere. Lise knows exactly what she is doing, and the bungalows, facilities, bar, restaurant are all excellent.

The food is especially good - every trip to the restaurant was exciting, and the food was never ever disappointing.

There are ducklings and friendly cats strolling around, and thje gardens are green and uncluttered. They could squeeze more bungalows into the grounds but have chosen to give guests more space instead.

Very good place!

Room Tip: Near the beach.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family