“Wonderful hospitality - like family to us!”
Review of Cookies Bungalow

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Pha Ngan
Cookies Bungalow
Ranked #31 of 132 Ko Pha Ngan B&B and Inns
MunichScout
“Wonderful hospitality - like family to us!”
Reviewed 26 August 2010

4th stay at this bungalow hotel. This time with a group of friends. As always very friendly - family like atmoshere. Bungalows are really basic but most of them with seaview. From her you can explore the whole island and remote from the party crowds. If you like more style and luxary stay away. If you need any assistance ask the always friendly staff. Motorbikes can be rented directly at the site - try in any case a canoe trip to the close Island. Sundown is alway a stunner at the restaurant deck.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MunichScout

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 April 2010

ultimate value for $$ beach front AC is highly recommended, really laid back and good location for getting to Thong Sala food markets and easy to get to FMP by taxi, cant wait to go back. good food there too

Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
Singapore
Reviewed 6 January 2010

We stayed at Cookies Bungalow for 6 days and found it to be the prettiest and best located hotel on Haad Salad beach. The staff were friendly and attentive, the food was outstanding (we ate there for every meal because there was so much great food to choose from!) and the view was perfect. For a home away from home experience at the sea make sure you book a oversea view cottage at Cookies! I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Reviewed 31 October 2009

I was @ cookies for more than one week. I had a bungalow on the seaside. I had my cold shower and my bucket flush toilet.
It was all fine, I mean, I payed about 5 Euros/US $7.50 for my bungalow. The food was GREAT and the Service was... not perfect but real.. it is family-owned and the atmosphere is nice. Everybody is so friendly. Sometimes you have problems having your favorite film shown in the restaurant/lounge/whatever... sometimes they wanted to decide which film to play.
But I still liked it a lot, even though I couldn't experience the beach very much due to rain at the end of April/beginning of May...
You pay every friday and you wonder how you manage with little money even though you've had a lot of food and drinks.
When I was there it was really crowded of cool people. I had a lot of fun and met so many nice people.
When there was full moon party the owners took all our valuables to protect them. I've heard that it is dangerous to keep your belongings in the bungalows during full moon due to break-ins. Even though they assured us we will be fine they also offered to keep it.
You have to go a pretty long way to the full moon party but it is ok. I loved the privacy of this nice little "resort"
the pool was not very clean but, hey, who wants to go to the pool if you have got a nice beach..

• Stayed April 2007, travelled solo
1 Thank felixmunich
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 14 June 2009

I may have appreciated Cookies more had I not just come from a pristine, newly-renovated, and cheaper bungalow up the coast of Koh Phangan. Nowhere on the island did I sense such a desolate air. My beachfront bungalow had cracks between the floor and wall planks and when I arrived the mosquito net was covered in live beetles and spider carcasses. Thankfully the handyman replaced it with a clean one when I expressed my sheer terror. I loved that my porch had a darling writing desk facing the water, but I couldn't lie in the hammock because it was right underneath it and too heavy to move.

The en-suite bathroom had a bucket-flush toilet, a tiny square of mirror hanging by string, no sink, and cold-water shower. A large gap between the shanty walls and makeshift ceiling allowed passersby to clearly observe anyone showering within; not for the modest. Other guests, few and far between, appeared to belong to a middle-aged bracket. The restaurant was consistently deserted, which was odd because I stayed here two nights before the full moon party, so by all rights, it should have been teeming with partygoers. I had a delicious tofu burger but the pad thai was pathetic. Just noodles and ketchup.

Cookies's beach is blanketed with boulders and sea-shrubs; picturesque but bad for laying out. The beach next door, reached only by traversing and scaling the large rocks, is lonely and dull compared to most of the others on the island. This resort would be ideal for low-maintenance, exhibitionist couples longing for seclusion, NOT for solo travelers with any interest in meeting others. For those like me afraid to drive a motorbike, Thong Sala is a scenic 15-minute walk away. With advance notice Cookies will provide free pickup from there or nearby bungalows.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo