My partner and I stayed at this hotel from Dec 29 to Jan 3 and although we had a pleasant time we wouldn't recommend it to anyone or choose to stay again. There are far better resorts on Haad Salad and they're much easier to access the facilities and rooms.
We had booked our room through an agent and along with the Salad Buri web site they had made it sound as if we were by the pool. In fact we were in a room which was a part of a villa which had its own pool.....that we couldn't use!
We had to get a golf buggy to our room as the walk up the hill and stairs was a long way and quite tiring a number or times each day.
The room was so small that the two of us were jumping over each other to move around....there was so much furniture and the bed was king size that we didn't even have room for our luggage.
The staff are helpful and polite, but ensure that you don't sit by the pool near the waiter station as they talk loudly all day and yell from the restaurant at each other......not really the most relaxing and enjoyable experience whilst trying to chill by the pool.
The food is not great but there are a number of better restaurants along the beach.........and you have to pay for your meals, drinks everything as you go as they don't allow you to charge back to your ROOM! I managed to convince the waiter that I would pay later that day so he let me off twice but they stand over you until you pay.
This is so in the dark ages and quite annoying when you're sitting by the pool (and you rather leave your valuables in your room)...........if this resort wants to attract international guests and pride themselves as luxury resort then they had better re-think this rule.
Haad Salad is one of the best beaches on the island and Salad Buri has a great location on the beach if you're accessing it from the beach.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Salad Buri Resort & Spa is set on the unspoiled and secluded beach of Haad Salad, once known as the ancient pirates hide out of the north west of Koh Phangan, Suratthani, Thailand. Where Southern mixes Northern, Salad Buri Resort & Spa is offering both surrounding mountain cliff and panoramic sea view vista.Our Accommodations are decorated in rich beautiful teakwood accents, spacious living quarters and excellent sea view verandas. All rooms featuring king size beds with limited twin beds, balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Salad Buri Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salad Buri Hotel Koh Phangan
- Salad Buri Resort And Spa