We stayed at Salad Buri Resort and Spa for 2 days. We arrived from Chiang Mai and asked the hotel reception if they have a transfer from Koh Samui Airport to Koh Phangan. They told us that it was THB 1'000 per person for organizing the transfer (which is quite expensive for Thailand). We did not ask for a private transfer, but regarding the amount we thought it was. So the transfer was a private car (nice car) from Koh Samui airport (about 10min - the price for that is habitually THB 100 for the trip !) to the pier. The driver bought us two tickets for the public boat, and the cost for that was THB 200 per person. After two hours of waiting....an old boat took us to Koh Phangan. Then another driver was waiting for us...but the car was like a covered pick-up. We were only two people in this pick-up, but the average price was habitually for THB 200-300 for a same trip. So if my count is correct, for the global amount for the transfer should be max. THB 800 and not THB 2'000.
When we arrived for the check-in after 35 minutes of road, we said that we weren't statisfied about the transfer, that the amount was not correct for the service. The man at the reception told us that it was normal, because we asked for a private transfer. But we didn't ask for that. And we complained about the second car, but the same man told us that is because we are on an island and that is the kind of car on the island....
So this was a swindle....and it is not pleasant to be fooled....so when you say "it is a swindle" to the man at the hotel, the first thing I thought was that he would apologise for this, but he didn't. He was arrogant. We didn't expect a reimbursement, just apologises. Espacially when you arrived for a check-in, it is not a good experience to live after waiting two hours for a boat.
And we thought it was a swindle, because another man showed us that there was many different boat, with many different prices and many different hours.
For the way back, we had an air-conditioned mini-van to go to another pier (which was certainly the main on the island because it was bigger than the first one), a big boat from a big company, and this company included a transfer from the pier to everywhere on Koh Samui....this transfer cost us THB 500 per person, THB 1'000 for the transfer......no comment.... :o/
The room was really nice (even there was some strange red stain on the bathroom floor), and the people at the restaurant too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Salad Buri Resort & Spa is set on the unspoiled and secluded beach of Haad Salad, once known as the ancient pirates hide out of the north west of Koh Phangan, Suratthani, Thailand. Where Southern mixes Northern, Salad Buri Resort & Spa is offering both surrounding mountain cliff and panoramic sea view vista.Our Accommodations are decorated in rich beautiful teakwood accents, spacious living quarters and excellent sea view verandas. All rooms featuring king size beds with limited twin beds, balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Salad Buri Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salad Buri Hotel Koh Phangan
- Salad Buri Resort And Spa