We booked this hotel for 2 days having stayed 3 days down at Bay Lounge on Ban Tai Beach, near the full moon party, for a chill out, relaxation and snorkelling. We booked a private pool villa with sea view. We were colleted from the pier for 150tbh per person - by private air-conditioned mini van. On arrival we saw the run down entrance with old construction equipment and wrecked car and fountian that looked in need of a good scrub (as others have mentioned here)
That aside the rest of the resort is really nice - just a shame they dont take care of the entrance, as first impression always count.
The reception area and staff were welcoming and freindly, speedy check in and transfer to our room. However, we booked a sea view room and what we got was a villa behind another block. We went back to reception and asked for what we paid for and were swiftly moved to a sea view villa, perfect! Its a shame we had spend the first hour mucking about.
The 3 tier pool is fantstic and right on the beach, with plenty of chairs, loungers etc. The pool bar was closed but i appreciate this is out of season and was no bother for our short stay. The Beach is fantastic the snorkelling for us however was not. Now we have been to egypt where the snorkelling is sensational so have probably been spoilt. There is a smaller beach 10 mins away by car that the reception staff said had the best snorkelling - we just didn't get that far.
The villa itself was everything you could ask for. The pictures on the website do not lie and they are imaculatly clean. I dont need to say anymore - you will not be dissapointed with the pool villas.The breakfast left a lot to desire tho. The food was left out for the flies to land on - not just a few mind, a swam. The eggs i had both days had shell in them. A little more care here and effort and it could be great.
The spa - is a row of massage beds screened off from the restaurant so dont be fooled here! we didn't use as it was more expensive than those on the beach also.
Try cookies's next door for absolutley fantastic food and superb coffee!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Salad Buri Resort & Spa is set on the unspoiled and secluded beach of Haad Salad, once known as the ancient pirates hide out of the north west of Koh Phangan, Suratthani, Thailand. Where Southern mixes Northern, Salad Buri Resort & Spa is offering both surrounding mountain cliff and panoramic sea view vista.Our Accommodations are decorated in rich beautiful teakwood accents, spacious living quarters and excellent sea view verandas. All rooms featuring king size beds with limited twin beds, balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Salad Buri Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salad Buri Resort And Spa
- Salad Buri Hotel Koh Phangan