There is always something that irritates a simple human mind- bed, thick sand, close/far to reef, weather, somebody's lack of smile etc. And of course here too there were some minor things, but, I am giving 5 stars because:
- Housekeeping was excellent - it was like moving in to a brand new room every day - perfect cleaning with all these nice towel sculptures..niiiiice
- Lots of kids around - good for us. and the staff ( everybody really) was SUPER NICE to both us and our baby daughter Nina. In previous comments I read about them being rude - never happened to us - on the contrary. What's interesting - I also read about 'super-friendly' staff at nearby restaurant ( can't remember the name salad hut bungalows or sth like that) - which again in our case was not really the case - we felt they are not really that much children-friendly ( pretty good food though) .
- Restaurant is so…so- we preferred to eat elsewhere - it's OK once a while , but not as good as the rest of the place ( at least in November 2013) .
- Great place to snorkel ( out of 14 days 2 were good to do that , but if you are coming at one other time-do it ( reef about 130 mtrs from shore).
- The beach itself is great- we still go there from time to time - small and not too much party. very soft sand, very cool- lots of shade ( NOV) - we liked it - to some it could be too quiet probably.
WE had a pool villa - if you're coming in November you might want to take sth else ( did not use the pool much - too cold) - like a jaccuzi room.
No mosquito net was a problem - we got bitten pretty hard by sandflies/ mosquitoes.
don't know why cheap places use them and upscale don't..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Salad Buri Resort & Spa is set on the unspoiled and secluded beach of Haad Salad, once known as the ancient pirates hide out of the north west of Koh Phangan, Suratthani, Thailand. Where Southern mixes Northern, Salad Buri Resort & Spa is offering both surrounding mountain cliff and panoramic sea view vista.Our Accommodations are decorated in rich beautiful teakwood accents, spacious living quarters and excellent sea view verandas. All rooms featuring king size beds with limited twin beds, balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Salad Buri Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salad Buri Resort And Spa
- Salad Buri Hotel Koh Phangan