the journey to the resort is not for the faint hearted!!! the transfer organised by the resort gives you peace of mind but you can do it yourself much more cheaply.
Haad Salad is stunning...it looks like the bounty advert. we have some beautiful pics.
great pool villa, polished floors, lots of seating, plenty of space. Although on the dark side of the hill during February it's always in shade. And overgrown trees meant our ocean view was limited... but we didn't mind. When the temp was in the 30's your own shaded pool area was fantastic. kept clean on a daily basis. quite a hike up the steep hill to your room but golf carts can take you up if the hips and knees are bothering you!
Biggest negative was the bed linen. it was like sleeping on sandpaper - for a luxury resort and the poshest on the beach they really need to replace the old bobbled linen.
I had to turn mine nearly every night to a smooth spot! aircon worked well.
pool area lovely and clean. although broken tiles meant the pool was out of use for three days while they did the repair (they didn't keep the water moving in the bigger pool so it got all murky and uninviting.)
while we were there they swapped the beautiful (although worn) solid teak beds... to plastic without a mat... not good.
we took the cookery course. Just for one would have been enough. they should do an offer of 4 recipes for two rather than 3 each.... too much. However Poompooyay, the chef was fabulous.
Unfortunately this was not reflected in the restaurant meals which didn't taste anything like the fresh fragrant food we had made with the chef. we found other places to eat.
Breakfast had plenty on offer.
the location is isolated and very beautiful, all of the seafront restaurants and hotels clear the sand of the previous days rubbish (bottles, cigarette butts etc.) so it always looks clean.
the sea is very safe but isn't so easy to get into though because of all the sharp broken coral... the future white sand...very sore on your feet... if i were taking children i'd definitely take the jellos for their feet.
you have to head up...and up....(take oxygen) then down into haad yao if you want some shops, up over the hill as drinks, snacks etc are very expensive. other restaurants are much more reasonable for drinks and food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Salad Buri Resort & Spa is set on the unspoiled and secluded beach of Haad Salad, once known as the ancient pirates hide out of the north west of Koh Phangan, Suratthani, Thailand. Where Southern mixes Northern, Salad Buri Resort & Spa is offering both surrounding mountain cliff and panoramic sea view vista.Our Accommodations are decorated in rich beautiful teakwood accents, spacious living quarters and excellent sea view verandas. All rooms featuring king size beds with limited twin beds, balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Salad Buri Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salad Buri Hotel Koh Phangan
- Salad Buri Resort And Spa