“Perfect getaway.”

Salad Buri Resort & Spa
Ranked #40 of 91 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We booked a 1 night stay in a standard room. We advised the hotel of our early arrival and the room was ready at 10:30 am when we arrived. The room was very small but with loads of windows and natural light, as well as beautiful views of Salad Bay. For a small upgrade fee I would book a superior room next time as it seems they all have a better size and enjoy a balcony with a jacuzzi.
The breakfast just decent for the hotel rating and we enjoyed some great specials on cocktails on the pool. I would defenitely return soon.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sebastian G
Montri P, Owner at Salad Buri Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Value Guest

First, we wouls like say thank you for such a nice review given. We are happy to hear that you were happy and satisfy while staying with us. We hope that we would have a chance to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Came here with a large group of friends. Couldn't have picked a better place. Staff were wonderful and friendly. Always greeted us with a smile. Rooms were situated quite high. 2 rooms per bungalow. Amazing views. Rooms were clean, aircon was fine. Bathroom was spacious and depending on the room you got it was even bigger. Bedroom was a decent size and again, depended which side. It was more spacious. All had a balcony with a jacuzzi outside. Great way to relax and soak in to view. Very nice touch. Getting down to the pools and restaurants was a short walk down. Was a maze at first, and steep. Getting back up was a pain. We quickly learned of the complimentary golf buggy back up if you were feeling lazy/tired. Beach was nice and there were some shops, bars, activities if you strolled down a bit. Town was pretty far so we organised scooters. No more than a 20min ride to thongsala. Very fun ride. Just be super careful as the road leading INTO the resort was more than 45 degrees and hairpinned. Don't stack or fly off the edge. When you get here you will know what I'm talking about. Crazy stuff. The restaurant offered a decent selection. Not the best food ever, but I expected that. Overall no complaints. Price was ok. Free breakfast was a buffet of your standard stuff. Toast, sasauge, juices etc. However there were chefs preparing fresh pancakes and omelettes with your choice of fillings/toppings. Very impressed. Pro tip: don't hold up the already long line waiting for your order. Sit down and the chefs will bring it out to you when it's ready ;) Overall I really rate this resort. Definitely been the best Thailand Island experience to date!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank toca_j
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I read reviews here but came anyway on a personal recommendation - the check in was painless and efficient,plus the accommodation was spot on (villa with pool).
I could complain about the view being restricted by trees, but I think the fact they haven't just cut down the natural vegetation is to be praised....

I'd agree the sun loungers could do with new covers, but when mixed with the all round helpful staff, beautiful location, lovely food and great accommodation - it'd be unfair to complain.
The WiFi was good enough to Skype home regularly, the moped hire was easy (I didn't crash, so didn't have to pay for repairs).
I came for 2 weeks rest and relaxation, given the chance I'll be back again - can't think of anywhere better to do nothing...

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank James T

Dear Value Guest

First, we wouls like say thank you for such a nice review given, your review would be very helpful to us for further improvement. We are happy to hear that you were happy and satisfy while staying with us. We would that we would have a chance to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

It was a pleasure again staying for a week at the salad buri. We loved our cozy standard room on top of the hill. Very nicely furnished. We enjoyed all these little thai style details. Room was made up perfectly every day. I can't speak of any other category of room yet than standard, but we might try next time, as looking very nice too. The pool is huge and very nice. Only the covers of the sunbeds should be replaced soon and it's a shame the poolbar is constantly closed. A bit more service around the pool would great. Breakfast was good, nothing to complain about. Service in restaurant was good too and I don't share the opinion of other comments that service is rude there. The fruit shakes from the restaurant were awesome. Dinner we had there sometimes was good too and bbq on beach was cool.

Overall I think it's a great resort for the price we paid.

We'll come back again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HannesVonPreussen

Dear value guest

We are pleased to here that it was not your first time staying with us and also very happy to know that you did have a great time at Salad Buri again. We hope that we would have a chance to serve such a happiness stay to you again in this near future.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

the journey to the resort is not for the faint hearted!!! the transfer organised by the resort gives you peace of mind but you can do it yourself much more cheaply.
Haad Salad is stunning...it looks like the bounty advert. we have some beautiful pics.
great pool villa, polished floors, lots of seating, plenty of space. Although on the dark side of the hill during February it's always in shade. And overgrown trees meant our ocean view was limited... but we didn't mind. When the temp was in the 30's your own shaded pool area was fantastic. kept clean on a daily basis. quite a hike up the steep hill to your room but golf carts can take you up if the hips and knees are bothering you!
Biggest negative was the bed linen. it was like sleeping on sandpaper - for a luxury resort and the poshest on the beach they really need to replace the old bobbled linen.
I had to turn mine nearly every night to a smooth spot! aircon worked well.
pool area lovely and clean. although broken tiles meant the pool was out of use for three days while they did the repair (they didn't keep the water moving in the bigger pool so it got all murky and uninviting.)
while we were there they swapped the beautiful (although worn) solid teak beds... to plastic without a mat... not good.
we took the cookery course. Just for one would have been enough. they should do an offer of 4 recipes for two rather than 3 each.... too much. However Poompooyay, the chef was fabulous.
Unfortunately this was not reflected in the restaurant meals which didn't taste anything like the fresh fragrant food we had made with the chef. we found other places to eat.
Breakfast had plenty on offer.
the location is isolated and very beautiful, all of the seafront restaurants and hotels clear the sand of the previous days rubbish (bottles, cigarette butts etc.) so it always looks clean.
the sea is very safe but isn't so easy to get into though because of all the sharp broken coral... the future white sand...very sore on your feet... if i were taking children i'd definitely take the jellos for their feet.
you have to head up...and up....(take oxygen) then down into haad yao if you want some shops, up over the hill as drinks, snacks etc are very expensive. other restaurants are much more reasonable for drinks and food.

Room Tip: pool villa with sea view fantastic. didn't like the look of the lagoon villa as on view to every...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for such a nice review, every single bit of your would be very useful for us to make further improvement. We, Salad Buri team hope that we would have a chance to welcome you again in the soon future

Salad Buri

Reviewed 27 January 2014

This is a sham of a resort. I visit Thailand 3-4 times a year with my business, and having to come to Haad Salad to conduct most of my work - its normal I stay on the bay. Having tried 3 others on the bay this time around we decided to try Salad Buri. Wow what a bad choice.....
First lets stat off with the welcoming.. or should I say lack of. In a land of smiles this resort has none.. we were shown to our Pool Villa with cold water, no light and no view (even though asking 3 times if it was Ocean view) we then had to move villas after no hot water - (fair enough)
For our trip, like always I rented a moped... I always take care in driving around the Island having seen some horrific crashes and incidents. On hiring the bike we looked closely at the bike and ensured it was in perfect condition - My bad it seemed I didnt check UNDER the bike where they billed me on check out 2000 BHT for a part missing!!!! Seriously this is a scam at its worst. Nothing I could say would help and the more I pleaded the more guilty I sounded so I paid the money as it was going nowhere. The Place was not busy yet everything they did took ages, weather it was ordering a drink, asking for room service, asking for the check etc... 10 sometimes 20 minutes and 2-3 times of asking. This is not a good resort, this does not offer good service, nor good food, The rooms are over priced at 5000 bht for a room with a huge steep hill and no ocean view (too many trees in the way that could be easily cut) their is no privacy in your rooms. Staff are rude to the extent you feel guilty to ask something. You get scammed.... I really wish I had booked at another place on the bay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank bobobo308272
Montri P, Owner at Salad Buri Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Sir/Madam

First, I would like to say thank you for your comment as it will be very useful for future improvement. Also, I would like to apologize that we are unable to make you satisfy while staying with us. Beside, there is one point regarding to your comment that I think it is needed to be clarified, which is the motor bike rental. Once you rent a bike, the one in charge for motor bike rental will guide you through all parts and dimensions of the bike, then he will ask you to read and sign the contract. After you have signed the contract it does mean that you are willing to pay for any damages caused during the length of renting time.

I would like to say sorry again for such a bad experience that you were having.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed for three nights and had a very nice time. The pool are is really nice and the room was small, but in good condition. We just got a basic room, which had a really great view of the sea. Some of the staff were a bit unfriendly, especially compared to other places we've stayed in Thailand. Breakfast was pretty good; try the banana pancakes! Food was great. For dinner we went to their sister hotel further down (I can't remember the name, but you can ask) and it was fantastic. Great wine, excellent BBQ fish and great ambiance. A great place to stay if you are with a partner of family, however may be a bit quiet for young singles.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madam

First, I would like to say thank you for such a nice review and I am apprecitate to know that you were having such a good time while staying with us.

Salad Buri hope that we would have a chance to welcome you again in the near future.