“BEWARE! We left after 2 nights...”
Review of Dewshore Resort

Dewshore Resort
Woodbridge, Canada
“BEWARE! We left after 2 nights...”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I hate to write a bad review, this is my first bad one, but i wish someone would have wrote about these red flags we encountered...

This place is really not what it seems...You need to be aware of our experience and the things that happened to us, then you can decide if this is ok for you...

My wife and I traveled for a month and we spent between 2250 and 3000 baht on accommodation per night and this place was no where close to the other places where we stayed....

We booked 4 nights and left after the second night, it was terrible there..

The GOOD
Pick up from the pier included and on time
Pool was below average was ok
Good location, 10 to 15 minutes from Haad Rin

The BAD
1)Wholes in the sheets on the bed
2)They don't supply a top sheet on the bed, so all you have is bottom sheet on the mattress and a heavy blanket. Every one uses the heavy blanket and it doesn't get washed every time so you are using something that is dirty b/c all the ppl staying before you use that blanket.
3) ANTS IN THE BED- Every time my wife and would come into the bed we would both kill about 3-4 ants in total.
4) Saw 2 HUGE cockroaches, one in bathroom, one in closet, they were HUGE, only cockroaches we saw in our month in Thailand
5) There is NO shower curtain in bathroom, just a tub...impossible to shower without soaking the bathroom, how hard could it be for them to put up a curtain???
6) Food at restaurant was horrible, worst we had in a month in Thailand
7) They provide you with 2 towels in the room. Those towels are for you to use when you shower and when you go to the beach. There are no beach towels, no face towels, no towels to wipe your hands in the bathroom, ONLY 2 TOWELS IN TOTAL FOR EVERYTHING...So after you go to the pool or beach, then you have to use that towel to shower with, and wipe your face with after you wash up before bed...How does this make any sense???
8) When you book it says breakfast is included, that is a half truth. They give you 120 baht per person to order from there menu. So you end up paying a bit extra for breakfast. This was the ONLY place that had this, ALL other places that said breakfast was included provided whatever you wanted and it was included in your price for the room.

When we arrived my wife was not happy with these things, so I went to ask the owner of the resort for a few things the room was missing.
I asked for a replacement sheet for the one on the bed with holes on it, I asked for a top sheet so there would be a sheet between us and the heavy blanket and I asked for 2 face towels...
I was SHOCKED at the response of the owner...He was apparently upset at another family that left a few days earlier who requested to many things..

The owner brought me over to the bar b/c he wanted to talk to me about my requests. He then sat me down and told me he wanted to tell me a few things... He said his resort in not a luxury resort, and if i wanted luxury this wasn't the place for us. I explained that wholes in sheets, no face towels and ants in the bed is not considered luxury, it is basic 2 star amenities.

He then went on to lecture me for about 5 minutes on why I was wrong, and he ended his lecture by saying, " we don't need you here, if you don't like it then you can leave it is no problem for us, we don't need you". I was shocked, we were so pleasant with them the entire time, even tipping very well when the food and service was far below average.

I am not sure if this family owned resort even knows about tripadvisor, but to tell a paying customer that they don't need us and that we can leave is unbelievable to me.... So since they don't need us, I give them my honest review of the resort...

I feel bad writing this type of review but I wish someone had posted the truth about this place..

Room Tip: pick these rooms if you like ants in your bed
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank bulldog747

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Australia
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We had a great stay at dew shore
We stayed in R6 one back from the beach, the grounds, garden and pool are very well kept. The bungalow is Thai style,  its not 5 star it's rustic and comfy. The air con was cold perfect after a long day. We loved it cause it's run by a Thai family and feels very safe and quiet away from the road down a long drive way on the beach. The beach is nice for a paddle the sand was small pebble shells. The bar is great, around the pool offering a huge range of cocktails, service is a little slow but they are made with love and everything at dew shore is Thai time! Which added to the laid back relaxed feel. Breakfast was nice, always served with a smile we mainly ate outside of the resort for lunch and dinner. The bungalow was bigger than what I expected, the bed big and hard. The verandah could do with either chairs or hammocks, but for the price I don't think you could ask for much more, if you want a beach front bungalow make sure you ask for it when booking although the pool views are lovely too. Overall we had a great stay and will be back for sure! Thank

• Stayed April 2012
Amsterdam
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Writing this review laying on our veranda with a stunning view and more than enjoying our stay at Dew Shore Resort. Made a walk down the beach yesterday towards Thong Sala and we now realise we have by far the best and cosiest resort on the south side of the island. Kind owners, nice pool, well maintained wooden houses and a relaxed atmosphere. Plenty of good restaurants in the neighbourhood and easy to rent a bike or go by taxi to enjoy a little nightlife in Haad Rin if you're up for it. I sincerely recommend Dew Shore. You won't be dissapointed!!

• Stayed February 2012
Illnau, Switzerland
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Best Best Best Best Best Best Best Best Best Best Best Best Best Best Best Place on Island

The Dew Shore Resort have various nice bungalows und a beautyfull garden. The rooms & restaurant are clean. Truthfull and friendly Thaifamily with lovely staff. Fine origin Thai- and Westernfood. The Resort are very childfriendly, we will come again, thats for sure...

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank gardenvision
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2011

The bungalows are stunning, with a great pool and bar. i will be going there again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
louth
Reviewed 20 September 2011

we found dew shore resort after leaving a dive of a place, and by chance we were just walking up the beach and we seen this gorgeous looking place with hammocks looking out to the sea and a huge swimming pool. we couldnt get in fast enough to see if there was rooms available. we were greeted with a smile from the owner and we were even shown the room be4 we decided. we got a air con room for 800b and thrust me it was a bargin, the bed was huge very confortable with a real duvet and feather pillows aswell as a tv. looking out on our balcony we could hear the waves and see the swimming pool. the pool was amazing, it even had a jacuzzi which was perfect. in the evening or even if it got too hot during the day you could chill out on the hammocks under the shade and listen to the waves.
its only about 10-15 mins away from had rin, and its easy to get a taxi because there is one driving up and down every few mins. the is night life if u turn either way out of dew shore. we rented a moped from the resort for about 200b a day and they were very thrust worthy. its a good idea becuase u get to see non touristy things ie markets, hidden beaches etc.
we went for dinner on our last night to a place called the fisherman as recommened by the resort, its only about a 10 min walk away, and oh my god the food is gorgeous and the setting is perfect, well worth a look but can be a bit over priced.
nothing bad to say about dew shore resort they were very help full and even gave us a free lift to the pier to get our boat to koh samui.
i would defo go back
perfect for couples.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mosthappytotravel
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We had a great stay at dew shore.we got collected and droped off at the port.
Very nice people who run this family run resort.The place itself was very clean .
Two min drive to town.All i can say is stay here and u wont go wrong.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple