I hate to write a bad review, this is my first bad one, but i wish someone would have wrote about these red flags we encountered...
This place is really not what it seems...You need to be aware of our experience and the things that happened to us, then you can decide if this is ok for you...
My wife and I traveled for a month and we spent between 2250 and 3000 baht on accommodation per night and this place was no where close to the other places where we stayed....
We booked 4 nights and left after the second night, it was terrible there..
Pick up from the pier included and on time
Pool was below average was ok
Good location, 10 to 15 minutes from Haad Rin
1)Wholes in the sheets on the bed
2)They don't supply a top sheet on the bed, so all you have is bottom sheet on the mattress and a heavy blanket. Every one uses the heavy blanket and it doesn't get washed every time so you are using something that is dirty b/c all the ppl staying before you use that blanket.
3) ANTS IN THE BED- Every time my wife and would come into the bed we would both kill about 3-4 ants in total.
4) Saw 2 HUGE cockroaches, one in bathroom, one in closet, they were HUGE, only cockroaches we saw in our month in Thailand
5) There is NO shower curtain in bathroom, just a tub...impossible to shower without soaking the bathroom, how hard could it be for them to put up a curtain???
6) Food at restaurant was horrible, worst we had in a month in Thailand
7) They provide you with 2 towels in the room. Those towels are for you to use when you shower and when you go to the beach. There are no beach towels, no face towels, no towels to wipe your hands in the bathroom, ONLY 2 TOWELS IN TOTAL FOR EVERYTHING...So after you go to the pool or beach, then you have to use that towel to shower with, and wipe your face with after you wash up before bed...How does this make any sense???
8) When you book it says breakfast is included, that is a half truth. They give you 120 baht per person to order from there menu. So you end up paying a bit extra for breakfast. This was the ONLY place that had this, ALL other places that said breakfast was included provided whatever you wanted and it was included in your price for the room.
When we arrived my wife was not happy with these things, so I went to ask the owner of the resort for a few things the room was missing.
I asked for a replacement sheet for the one on the bed with holes on it, I asked for a top sheet so there would be a sheet between us and the heavy blanket and I asked for 2 face towels...
I was SHOCKED at the response of the owner...He was apparently upset at another family that left a few days earlier who requested to many things..
The owner brought me over to the bar b/c he wanted to talk to me about my requests. He then sat me down and told me he wanted to tell me a few things... He said his resort in not a luxury resort, and if i wanted luxury this wasn't the place for us. I explained that wholes in sheets, no face towels and ants in the bed is not considered luxury, it is basic 2 star amenities.
He then went on to lecture me for about 5 minutes on why I was wrong, and he ended his lecture by saying, " we don't need you here, if you don't like it then you can leave it is no problem for us, we don't need you". I was shocked, we were so pleasant with them the entire time, even tipping very well when the food and service was far below average.
I am not sure if this family owned resort even knows about tripadvisor, but to tell a paying customer that they don't need us and that we can leave is unbelievable to me.... So since they don't need us, I give them my honest review of the resort...
I feel bad writing this type of review but I wish someone had posted the truth about this place..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dewshore Resort is a family-run resort. It has large spacious bungalows and a beautiful swimming pool. The place is easy to reach from Thongsala and Haadrin. Beautiful views to Koh Samui over the beach. Free high speed Wifi and great local cooked food at the restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, HostelWorld, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dewshore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dew Shore Hotel Koh Phangan