My boyfrien and I have booked a double room/bungalow for 10 days over Christmas and new year at Smile Beach Resort. Despite the bad reviews we thought we'll give it a go as the description from the from the management was perfect:
1) "We have Internet cafe and wi-fi"
2) "1-2 minutes walk to beautiful and secluded beach"
3) "You can enjoy to playing pool table, DVD player and game, to watching television (sport & movie) and relax to the sound of music in the seathing area" 4)"Prices are quite reasonable for such surroundings and our friendly services. That makes you feel welcome"
1) Internet cafe and wifi? Forgot to mention that ITS NOT FREE. They charge double the price for to use their computers in comparison with prices elsewhere.
If you want to pay for wifi it's a rip off. Double the price comparing with other internet cafes. First place in Southeast Asia where you have to pay for wifi! They have this deal that if you eat at their restaurant then you get coupon for free minutes but have to spend minimum of 100B. For each 100B it's a 1minute for free.
2) don't know how fast they walk but it's not 1-2 min walk,even if it is for some they don't say that you are walking to a very small strip of sand that you have to lay next to eachother like sardins. Beautiful each? they havent see beautiful beaches in their life! Everything like hotels,bars,massage places are build up so close to the sea that there is very little beach left. When the tide goes out the beach is risonable size but that's after the sunset!
3) yet again they forgot to mention that if you want to enjoy playing pool table you have to PAY FOR IT (unless you eat at their restaurant then you get a coupon for free game).
Playing games and watching TV at the seating area? Have been there 10 days and only people who are using the seating area and watch TV are the staff when they are bored. It seems like hotel guests are not allowed to sit there,looks more like staff area only.
4) reasonable prices? for such surroundings? friendly services? That makes you feel welcome?
Overpriced for a room where are full of cockroaches(see picture) Room is only cleaned every 3rd day and that's what they say. Your job is to remember when your room needs cleaning and have to remind them by leaving your room key with them. You also allowed 1 toilet paper a day otherwise you have to pay. I wonder why they are called SMILE beach resort if non of them smile! Never felt welcome especially after we raised concern about the wifi with the skinny owner. There is nothing to do in Haad Salad so renting a scooter is a must. If you want to go to full moon party it's about 40 min drive to haad rin. I would suggest stay in tongsala-more things to do there if you don't want or cant rent a scooter, but still far from the craziness that is going on in haad rin.
I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND SMILE BEACH RESORT! Waste of money and time! Can get much better for less!
The only good thing about this place is food, cooked from fresh!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- haadsalad Resort is a beautiful, quiet and perfect place to relax for your Special holiday with our friendly services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HostelWorld and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Haadsalad Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.