“What's one up from flashpacking?”

Phangan Bayshore Resort
Ranked #26 of 92 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
“What's one up from flashpacking?”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We had a great stay here during the Full Moon in August. I've stayed on Koh Phangan several times before, mostly at bungalows under 500 baht/night, but this totally blew them away. The bungalow was absolutely huge, very well equipped (like any good hotel room); the restaurant/breakfast were good; the staff were mostly friendly; the property was extremely tidy and well-kept; the swimming pool big, clean and well maintained, and of course it's right on the main beach. I don't know how they keep that beach so clean after all the partying, it's almost a miracle.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom G

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights during the full moon. Really enjoyed talking with the staff, all of whom were very friendly and had a good sense of humour. Breakfast buffet was ok - nothing too special but had all the basics. Room was large with good AC, and was cleaned everyday. Literally on the beach the sights were fantastic, so relaxing. I would definitely recommend this place, if you are staying here ask for a Kenspecial at the bar - will not disappoint.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank hans1993
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have planned to visit Phangan for quite sometime now..and finally I found a gap in my scedule that I could visit the island.so I was browsing through tripadvisor reading the comments and thinking if I should stay in Phangan Bayshore?..but I took a leap of faith and decided to stay there for 10 nights so I could enjoy the recent full moon party aswell,let me tell the second I walked into the resort I was greeted by their lovely staff they rushed in to help me with my bags and handed me a water I think they could tell as I was exhausted from travelling, plus I looked like a mess!check in process was smooth they were very clear with the paint staining in the room..so I'm pleased that they warned me before. I had a room by the bungalows and they looked as if were newly renovated, it was spacious and it was great it felt like home as I am a little claustrophobic so I was glad I have space in my room! Other than that, I also visited their open bar in the evening they had sunbeds and stuff by the beach..I just love the sand! It was powdered like! Their drinks were alright but the view was amazing..and their staff never made me feel like I'm out of place. they were always greeting me even just seeibg them smile made my day. I honestly can go on and on about this place it's just great! I'll definately be back next year!! P.S: try not to take all the bad comments seriously...they just seemed like they're highly exaggerated online...these kind of things, you just really have to experience it on your own trust me.i was blown away by this hotel..with great memories!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank vanistical
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

After having a lovely and luxurious time in the haven that is Koh Samui on arriving at the bayshore hotel we were greeted by an ugly stench. The lobby was a very poor bit of craftsmanship and We were yapped at by a nasty thai woman. All the staff wanted little sweetners for everything, even saying "hello" to you, you could see in their beady little eyes they wanted 10 B's. The room was old and falling apart with the saving grace being the balcony but we were told off for climbing over the railings. Ruining all our fun.
The food was awful, I've tasted better things when I fell head first into a sandpit.
Overall it was worse than getting hit by a truck and getting urinated on by a stray dog. They also accused us of losing a room key and of getting paint on a towel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank James W
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here during the full moon party and intended to enjoy the festivities. Rooms are basic the location is great right on the beach with a nice pool and views. I stayed here with my fiancé but we got given two single beds as did the other couple we were travelling with. Drainage at the hotel is very very average however that can be expected on a jungle island that meets the beach and not in a first world country. Rooms are only cleaned if requested by hotel staff which is fine if you need clean things you leave your key at reception. 2 bottles of water are provided daily in the morning to brush your teeth etc and mini bar fridge.

At first our tv was broken and door jammed from previous stayers however staff were great and fixed as soon as asked.

If you are not planning on going to the full moon party or going out other nights I would not recommend staying here as every night you stay you will be woken up at 4am by roudy neighbours in the resort a very young market of holidayers just here to party.

We booked a tour through the hotel which was great to see the Chinese temple, go kayaking, snorkeling and see the waterfalls. Elephant riding optional however I would not recommend it as they do not treat them nicely. Some had visible tusks cut off and the staff would hit them with picks if they did not do what they were told. Overall an ok stay great staff, location and lovely vibe when party goers weren't getting roudy.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Jacqueline J
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel was a little pricier than places we stayed on other islands but it was by far the nicest. The rooms were very large and clean with a well sized patio. The garden view bungalows feel very private also. Staff couldn't have been friendlier and the location was absolutely perfect.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Aoife F
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This hotel was welcoming and had polite staff on reception, we stayed at the hotel for the half moon party in June and the staff informed us about how to avoid hotel fines from the neon paint, which we found helpful. The restaurant was lovely, staff very helpful and accommodating, the location was great, in the middle of the shops and bars.
We stayed in a bungalow,, for 2 nights, which was clean and spacious. Anyone that is travelling around phangan has to consider this hotel, as it is well worth the money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends