“Super Seafood and Thai dishes in a relaxed setting” 5 of 5 bubbles

Fisherman's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #14 of 354 Restaurants in Ko Pha Ngan
Price range: US$1 - US$16
Cuisines: European, Asian, Thai, Soups, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ban Tai's original seafood restaurant opened more than 8 years ago by a local fishing family who have fished in the area for generations and have exceptional knowledge of local seafood. Offering a wide selection of fresh local seafood and traditional Thai home cooking with some signature dishes creating a unique dining experience. The restaurant is located on a stunning beachfront next to Ban Tai pier with the option of seating on traditional long tail fishing boats. Finish off your meal with a delicious dessert or one of our many fresh fruit cocktails served in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Don't miss out on this local treasure. A must while visiting Koh Phangan! Booking advised during busy months and always around full moon and half moon periods and for larger groups at all times. Large Groups max 8 persons Opening hours kitchen 1pm until 10pm varies in low season
Amsterdam, Netherlands
“Super Seafood and Thai dishes in a relaxed setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2011

We visited The Fisherman's based on a tip form the reception at Milky Bay resort. What an excellent tip this was. Although not recommended by Amanda, our host, I chose the Orange curry. What I got was a bowl with the most amazinf flavours mixed together. It was spicy, but delicious. Maybe not to everyones taste, but I loved it. My boyfriend chose the King Mackerel. Fresh fish, lovely taste.
The restaurant pleased us that much that we deceided to go back there the day after. This time my boyfriend wanted mussels, but they ran out. Instead they sugested scallops. A really wonderful dish, rich in flavour, really good. My choice for the night was the house special: crab in yellow curry. I realy had a chance to get my hands dirty, but again, what an amazingly good dish. Not spicy, but full of flavour. Highly recommended.

• Visited May 2011

• Thai first
leeds
“SIMPLY AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2011

I took my boyfriend for a nice 30th birthday meal and we could not have asked for much more.

We sat overlooking the little harbour and the atmosphere was both romantic, chilled and the staff we so lovely, helpful and nothing was too much trouble.

We ordered thai fish cakes and wedges with curry sauce to start and both opted for the fresh crab in thai coconut sauce which was out of this world. We enjoyed some champagne as well.

For the quality of the food it is great value for money. The bill was 1600 baht, including tip and if you took away the champagne it would have been just 800 baht, which is about £17 (I think).

We can't wait to go again and please try it too.

• Visited March 2011
2 Thank zoebee
Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing Seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2011

My partner and I decided to give this restaurant a try from reading all the positive reviews and it did not disappoint. Their signature crab dish was delicious. I still have the amazing taste of the dish in my mouth. It's a cozy small restaurant and you really wouldn't think much of it but it was one of the best restaurants I had been too whilst travelling through Thailand. The staff extremely friendly and very good at recommending dishes if you're unsure. Their wine also amazing. Overall a sensational restaurant with so much to offer at such a low cost. Next time I'm in Koh Phangan my first dinner will be at this wonderful restaurant. To the staff keep up the great work.

• Visited February 2011
2 Thank Senorita79
Paris, France
“Excellent thai food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2011

One if not the best place of Koh Phagan, cozy place, food is excellent, I had the crab house speciality and at least they are not cheap with the quantity of crab there.

Service is good, the view if you have the chance to seat in the boat at the extremity of the restaurant is great. Definitely a must do in Koh Phagan.
Also easy to find.

• Visited February 2011
2 Thank Yohann-Sokhotel
Dunsborough, Australia
“If I could turn back time, it would be 10 seconds before the seafood platter was served!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2011

We saw this place on the island map, but didn't think nothing of it, then when we went on the bikes to look for somewhere to eat one night and stumbled across it!! The food was simply amazing, In fact I would go as far as to say one of the best meals I've had in the 3 months I've been in Asia!! Massaman curry was flavoursome, seafood platter was most impressive in flavour and variety! The atmosphere was tranquil especially at the back where you can sit in a converted long tailed boat!
Only downside I would say is, the second time we visited, the seafood platter seemed a lot lot smaller and felt we got shortchanged on the prawns as 1st time we had 5, then second time we got 1!

• Visited October 2010
3 Thank Channy323
Fishermans, Owner at Fisherman's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, 10 February 2011
Thanks for you comments.
The Seafood Platters however never have 5 King Prawns. When you arrived late at the end of a very busy night sometimes the Fresh King Prawns are sold so the Chef makes up the platter with other seafood of the day. We all remember you asking the kitchen staff stay open and wait on the arrival of your friends we also remember the generous Tip thanks again next time come earlier and if you request more King prawns on the platter we can do that and put less of another seafood, as Thai People say Mai Pen Rai.