“Definitely decent”

Baan Haad Yao Villas
Phoenix, Arizona
“Definitely decent”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

The bungalows are very cute and spacious. Mine was quite clean. Rustic, obviously, for the price, but I really liked my room. The staff is not that helpful, and actually kindof even rude, at times. I had to very kindly beg for help figuring out there the beach is from the hotel - you have to walk up a steep (but short) hill and down another to get to the beach. about a 5 min walk.

Loved the room, the staff isnt that helpful, a decent breakfast is included, and they did pick me up for free from the pier. Would stay here again if I chose to stay on this beach (Haad Yao), but I am actually moving to a different beach. Haad Yao is a bit too party/backpacker for me. Heading to the north and then maybe north east.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank EnviroGirl

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Thai first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at Baan Haad Yao Villas - I was looking for a quite place near a beautiful beach with crystal clear ocean and I found it there. The hotel was just recently renovated and I stayed in a superior room which had a fantastic view over the ocean. A bed is comfortable and the airconditioner is very quite - you dont hear it at all which is very good for Thailand. The bungalow is built on kinda pillars and it has a huge veranda at the same level with palm trees. The bungalows have comfortable beds, very good mosquito net so mosquitos were not a problem. The food is very good there and the kitchen is very clean. Breakfast is good with a big plate of mix fruits. The owner gave me a free ride to the Thong Sala village at any time when she was going shopping in the morning. She stays there for an hour - hour and a half and it gives you the time to buy fruit and do other shopping in the island downtown. The most important is that the ocean is very nice near by. It is an area which is a combination of good infrastructure (7/11, ATMs, shops), scenic views, clean ocean and it is a quite place. There are restaurants at the beach, all the things you need minus noisy night life which was important for me. The con was that the staff is a little lazy (though very friendly) but if you kindly ask them to do their job they do. I stayed for ten days and negotiated to stay for 900 Batt (breakfast included) in a superior room (agoda price was 1200). The longer you stay the more can ask for a discount. Oh, there is a great massage place at the entrance to the hotel and the girl who gives massages (Lyn) is an awesome masseuse (and the price is the same as at the beach). Basically, a nice place.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank bloomingdales
Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2011

stayed only 1 night whilst we found somewhere better.
800baht p/n for a fan bugalow which was about 300baht too much, there were holes through the floor and roof allowing easy access for those pesky mozzies!
The bed did have a mozzie net, the shower did manage to produce a little hot water and the hammock was a nice touch outside.
The food here is really good and you can see through the kitchen windows that they keep it very clean. The bar and dining area are on the lovely beach at Haad yao.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tinbiz
Newtownabbey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2010

we came here as part of our honeymoon. We we're backpacking around thailand and stayed here for three nights.

the room itself is lovely and quite big, they are good sized bungalows. However if you are a squeamish about insects I wouldn't bother coming.

I walked into the room and was greeted by a load of ants running around all over the villa. I totally expect a few creepy crawlies running around as the resort is surrounded by trees and afterall it is thailand?? As much as i appreciate this i still would have preferred there to be no bugs at all in the place i was staying!!! I then entered the bathroom to find there was no roof above the shower and bath!! i'm ashamed to admit that i totally freaked out at this point and was petrified for the remainder of the night without a wink of sleep!!

I absolutely hated it and wanted to leave first thing the next morning!! I was however reluctantly coaxed to stay. After a while i was actually glad i didn't leave. we found that we were in a perfect location with lots of beach bars 2 minutes walk from where we were. We hired a jeep and took ourselves out and around the whole isalnd. It was pretty much perfect, apart from the creepy crawly room, but i just learned to deal with it especially seeing that we were only there for three nights in total.

Our room was never cleaned and i dont recall receiving clean towels, to be honest i think they actually forgot we were there? Perhaps if i'd called them to make up the room they would have sent someone down? I'm not really sure so i cant fault them on that just in case.

As far as i can remember it was cheap enough and if i was asked to stay here again I probably would with the aid of alcohol to get me through the night!! Although this in my opinion wouldn't be suitable for people that are totally petrified of insects but for everyone else it would do the job. All in all its not that bad x

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank michellex058
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2009

We stayed her over the full moon party period. Minimum booking over full moon party is 3 nights. We stayed in the bungalow for 960 baht per night for double room. The weather was great, no clear blue skies but it was stil hot and it only rained once in the evening very briefly and lightly.

For us this place (location and the actual bungalow) was great for our needs:

Pros
- Beautiful stretch beach with soft white sand
- Clear water
- Tranquil feel
- Friendly, warm, funny and helpful staff
- beakfast included (eggs, toast, drink and fruit)
- Free pick up from Thong Sala Port
- Transport to full moon party - 150 baht pp
- You have you own personal hammok on the bungalow porch!
- Western toilet, hot shower with adjustable temp.
- Decent restaurent

Cons
- It is developing in popularity, pretty soon all of the beach front will have resorts, whilst we were there was some great natural spots.
- No top sheet/duvet for the bed.
- You can't really swim in the water due to the bay

Couldn't have asked for much more then this. We had the best of both worlds, away from the frantic booze crazy youths of Haad Rin but still able to enjoy the party, whilst relaxing on gorgeous beaches with good food and weather. The staff are lovely, the rooms met our basic needs and our number one priority to relax.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank tinpin1