“Enjoyed our Stay”

Baan Haad Yao Villas
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We booked a standard room on Agoda for NZ$38 and when we arrived they upgraded us to this lovely room with a view and large deck. Unfortunately the walls did not go right up to the roof and was open from our bedroom to our bathroom to adjoining room bathroom to their bedroom. We could hear our neighbours whispering in their room! As we wanted to stay 3 more nights we asked if we could change rooms and they upgraded us again to the next level for no extra charge. So we got this very large room, with great sea view, large deck with hammock and seats, 2 AC, 2 fans – it was a great room. The bathroom with part open roof was a bit rough, but it was large and we had no issues. It was a minute walk to the beach, over the bridge by reception and through a resort. We were in a top room up the hill to the left of pool so if we wanted to go to the back road we just walked up the hill.
When we arrived the swimming pool was yellow and read TA looked like it had been like this for a week. Within 2 days it was a beautiful blue colour. I think they may be run out of chemicals. The beach was low tide all day begin of August when we visited Yao but when we stayed here at the end of August we went to the beach at lunch time and it was high tide and great to swim in.

Breakfast was okay with good selection off the menu. We did not eat there as we liked to drink at See Through Bar on the beach and eat at CRAVE. We found the staff great, so all in all great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lynneandcarl

Reviewed 18 August 2012 via mobile

Very unfriendly staff, no cleaning in the room : they did not change the towels whereas we had put them on the floor, did not clean the breakfast on the terrace, the sheets were dirty...
Most of ocean view bungalows have absolutely no view on the ocean !
The last day the pool was Green so we could not use it but they refused to make a discount ! We told them we were not happy so they threatened to cancel our taxi to the pier... Unbelievable !  Most of the clients that were there at the same Time were not happy. By far the worst hotel we have had in Thailand

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Tiphou2012
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I don't know why the comment above are so positive but what we have now is absolutely awful. I had pool side villa which is cost 50€++ We booked over booking.com yes i read the comments before booked it therefor!, and for that money it could be better the pool is dirty all the thrush around plastic bottle, coconut, can almost 3 days that we are here now No one clean it the dishes from served still laying around the pool service area, and it's impossible to have just one towel for the pool. BF is not buffet and very slow it take them 45 minutes to prepared, AC in my room(A7)was very dirty. I had told them to clean it but never come finally I did it by myself and people here are so unfriendly. I like this place very much but This hotel is ruin my holiday! Never put this name on your list maybe bag packer who just come for full moon party but not people who need a real relax holiday. I am looking forward to checking out!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Charunee
Reviewed 15 July 2012

The bungalows are very cute and spacious. Mine was quite clean. Rustic, obviously, for the price, but I really liked my room. The staff is not that helpful, and actually kindof even rude, at times. I had to very kindly beg for help figuring out there the beach is from the hotel - you have to walk up a steep (but short) hill and down another to get to the beach. about a 5 min walk.

Loved the room, the staff isnt that helpful, a decent breakfast is included, and they did pick me up for free from the pier. Would stay here again if I chose to stay on this beach (Haad Yao), but I am actually moving to a different beach. Haad Yao is a bit too party/backpacker for me. Heading to the north and then maybe north east.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank EnviroGirl
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at Baan Haad Yao Villas - I was looking for a quite place near a beautiful beach with crystal clear ocean and I found it there. The hotel was just recently renovated and I stayed in a superior room which had a fantastic view over the ocean. A bed is comfortable and the airconditioner is very quite - you dont hear it at all which is very good for Thailand. The bungalow is built on kinda pillars and it has a huge veranda at the same level with palm trees. The bungalows have comfortable beds, very good mosquito net so mosquitos were not a problem. The food is very good there and the kitchen is very clean. Breakfast is good with a big plate of mix fruits. The owner gave me a free ride to the Thong Sala village at any time when she was going shopping in the morning. She stays there for an hour - hour and a half and it gives you the time to buy fruit and do other shopping in the island downtown. The most important is that the ocean is very nice near by. It is an area which is a combination of good infrastructure (7/11, ATMs, shops), scenic views, clean ocean and it is a quite place. There are restaurants at the beach, all the things you need minus noisy night life which was important for me. The con was that the staff is a little lazy (though very friendly) but if you kindly ask them to do their job they do. I stayed for ten days and negotiated to stay for 900 Batt (breakfast included) in a superior room (agoda price was 1200). The longer you stay the more can ask for a discount. Oh, there is a great massage place at the entrance to the hotel and the girl who gives massages (Lyn) is an awesome masseuse (and the price is the same as at the beach). Basically, a nice place.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank bloomingdales
Reviewed 19 February 2011

stayed only 1 night whilst we found somewhere better.
800baht p/n for a fan bugalow which was about 300baht too much, there were holes through the floor and roof allowing easy access for those pesky mozzies!
The bed did have a mozzie net, the shower did manage to produce a little hot water and the hammock was a nice touch outside.
The food here is really good and you can see through the kitchen windows that they keep it very clean. The bar and dining area are on the lovely beach at Haad yao.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tinbiz
Reviewed 8 October 2010

we came here as part of our honeymoon. We we're backpacking around thailand and stayed here for three nights.

the room itself is lovely and quite big, they are good sized bungalows. However if you are a squeamish about insects I wouldn't bother coming.

I walked into the room and was greeted by a load of ants running around all over the villa. I totally expect a few creepy crawlies running around as the resort is surrounded by trees and afterall it is thailand?? As much as i appreciate this i still would have preferred there to be no bugs at all in the place i was staying!!! I then entered the bathroom to find there was no roof above the shower and bath!! i'm ashamed to admit that i totally freaked out at this point and was petrified for the remainder of the night without a wink of sleep!!

I absolutely hated it and wanted to leave first thing the next morning!! I was however reluctantly coaxed to stay. After a while i was actually glad i didn't leave. we found that we were in a perfect location with lots of beach bars 2 minutes walk from where we were. We hired a jeep and took ourselves out and around the whole isalnd. It was pretty much perfect, apart from the creepy crawly room, but i just learned to deal with it especially seeing that we were only there for three nights in total.

Our room was never cleaned and i dont recall receiving clean towels, to be honest i think they actually forgot we were there? Perhaps if i'd called them to make up the room they would have sent someone down? I'm not really sure so i cant fault them on that just in case.

As far as i can remember it was cheap enough and if i was asked to stay here again I probably would with the aid of alcohol to get me through the night!! Although this in my opinion wouldn't be suitable for people that are totally petrified of insects but for everyone else it would do the job. All in all its not that bad x

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple