Ananda Yoga & Detox Center
US$69
US$380
Agoda.com
Palita Lodge(Ko Pha Ngan)
US$58
US$198
Travelocity
US$276
US$153
Sunset Hill Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
US$70
US$64
US$170
US$153
Agoda.com
Cookies's Salad Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)(Great Value!)
US$55
US$37
  • Breakfast included
Sunset Cove Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
US$48
US$44
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsananda resortteacher trainingherbal saunasalt water poollife changing experiencedaily massagescolema roomshealthy restaurantsteam roomgroup experiencebhagavad gitahuman bodykoh phanganbig familycheapest roomgreat poollittle things
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I recently stayed at Ananda for the 11 day detox and it was one of the best things I have ever done. The set up there makes for a truly supportive experience that I was able to share with some wonderful people. Everything from the supplements, shakes and juices is provided for you at the detox bar by the pool where you get to discuss your experiences of detox with other like-minded people. I felt welcomed and looked after by the staff at Ananda and as a result, I still visit everyday to eat in the restaurant and use the Herbal steam and salt water pool. Accommodation is basic so if you are looking for a luxury spa experience, then it isn't the place for you but if you want to do something really special for your body in a supportive and peaceful environment at a very reasonable price, then in my opinion you can't go wrong with Ananda.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay at Ananda make the extra investment and stay in a bungalow, much nicer than the standard rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Limitless77
Reviewed 28 November 2012 via mobile

I've been to Ananda in February. I've done 11days detox program and I must say I enjoyed it!
It's very quiet and peaceful place, where you can chill out in your own hammock or spend some nice time with other participants by the swimming pool and detox bar.
Because I'm not the one of the healthy healthy people and I haven't done anything like this before I thought it could be useful to prepare myself for fasting. That's why I chose the longest program Ananda offers. For those who've done it before I recommend just the 7 days program.
Everything I did was followed by experienced, willing and helpful staff. If you feel weak, upset or if you have any questions they are there for you.
I was told and explained everything. They have some materials and interesting books you can read.
They also offer some additional programs.

Ananda is not far from Thong Sala pier. Ananda provides bicycles and motorbikes for rent so if you get bored you're free to explore the island.
The beach in front of Ananda is not really ideal for swimming however the beautiful walks you can do and the amazing sunsets you can see there - absolutely irresistible and magical!!!!!! :-)

Accommodation was alright for me. I didn't need any special comfort so I had a room with fan. It was clean and tidy. That's pretty much everything I was looking for from the accommodation in Thailand.

What else to say... I felt very nice and happy after my detox altough I had some tough days :-) (but don't give up, it's worth it!!!!). I cleared my head from stress and troubles. I was resting, reading books, watching movies and I enjoyed herbal steam sauna, massages, detox lounge. They have also internet room and a little library. I also did a little bit of yoga - all included in the price for detox!

I just loved the place!!
and I'm sure I will do it again!!
I strongly recommend this program and especially Ananda resort for everyone who has the feeling they need rest and cleansing for their tired mind and body!

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Klarinha
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I have just arrived for a 7 1/2 day detox. I plan to update my review at the end of the stay so I can speak about the detox itself.

Pros: very friendly staff, delicious food at the restaurant (though I won't be able to eat anything else there!), pleasant outdoor communal area, nice deck in the bungalows

Cons: I often stay at places that are roughly 1200 baht/night - it is my preferred price point- but this is by far the worst one I have ever stayed at. There is only a bottom sheet and then you get a small blanket but, at 5' 3", it doesn't even cover me up! I am also using th blanket from the other bed. There is no soap or shampoo and the towels are stained, though clean. The bathroom isn't very clean. I am not a very picky traveler and usually a $30 a night place is more than adequate for my needs. I upgraded from the fan room but frankly, except for the air conditioner, I would rate this a 500 baht/night room. Had I known it was going to be like this, I would have brought my own shampoo/soap as well as my youth hostel sleeping bag sheets. It's too bad because even if I love the detox, I don't know if I could recommend this to anyone else. I have a few friends who are interested in doing a detox but I don't know how they would feel about the rooms here; most people are pickier than I.

Note: Also, the beach is quite small and lots of sand fleas so in order to enjoy the beach, you would have to go elsewhere. I plan on renting a bike and checking out the areas nearby.

Room Tip: Bring youth hostel sleeping sheets! Ask for a room away from the yoga studio so it is quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank crazytraveller101
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I stayed at Ananda Yoga Resort 15 - 21 April 2012 and did a 3.5day detox programme. I stayed at a non air-con room (the cheapest). The room is clean and while the amendities are basic, I could feel the amount of care, pride and effort in the upkeeping of the place. The manager Villy took the extra care of explaining the procedure of colema twice to me seeing my nervousness. All the staff were personable, friendly and took the time and effort to ask after me everyday. On the second night, I vomitted and the prompt attention and support of the staff Nor is much appreciated. In fact, I felt very much supported and loved through the entire process. The treatment room is clean and the process itself was no frills but it works. I would encourage people who wants a cost-effective detox treatment to sign up with Ananda Yoga. This is definitely not for those who are fussy.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Martha L
Reviewed 7 April 2012

First time I did detox at Ananda was in 2010. I was impressed with results post detox. Had more energy, clarity, was able to sleep better and became conscious how to eat so I feel more energized, sleep better and help my body to cleanse itself by eating right foods.
This seed of well-being of healthy eating was planted at Ananda with Detox manager explaining how body works. I found the experience supportive and nurturing as first time to do the detox as hard for me emotionally. Prices compared to other detox centers are priced competitively and includes lots of extras for free. The place is perfect for morning walks on the beach, lots of lounging area and the healthy restaurant to support you in breaking the detox. Overall experience has been life changing.
So to continue with my wellbeing and spreading to my family I brought my mom in February 2012. We did detox together. I had great experience this time as well. But most importantly my mother had fantastic results. She is 59 with lots of health problems was able to complete 8 day detox. Result was she is no longer dependent on so much medication to function daily, has way more energy, radiance in her eyes returned, and lost 6kg. She was so inspired that she changed completely her diet. She is choosing raw and vegetarian diet with very little meat and also inspired all her girlfriends to do detox.
She doest speak english yet she found the experience wonderful, supportive and inspiring. She found the room well organized for her needs and staff very friendly and trying hard to make her feel comfortable. She liked the gardens, swimming pool and sauna.
I highly recommend this place to learn about healthy body.

Room Tip: Rooms are great if you are doing detox solo. Bungalow was great for 2 people.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family