Longtail Beach Resort
US$75
US$62
Agoda.com
Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan(Ko Pha Ngan)
US$165
US$80
US$160
US$117
Agoda.com
Phangan Bayshore Resort(Ban Hat Rin)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$68
US$94
US$85
US$301
US$281
All reviewsair conenglish ladykoh phanganthong nai panlow seasonthai foodrestaurants and barsstayed here for nightsother guestsmosquito netpeace and quietper nightamazing foodfull moon partyfanbungalowhuts
Reviewed 30 January 2012

First of all I ve to sat that the Longtail has nice and clean bungalows. Also the food is excellent.
Nowadays you can point that out. The standard food became so bad that a standard thai food is excellent these days.
Anyway the Point i want to inform all other Travellers, that they should check the Resort before they decide to stay a couple of days or weeks there.
I travelled since 2000 to Thailand. I ve made mostly good experiences.
Here for the first Time, I felt not Welcome at all.
As always we said hello in Thai even put our hands to the classic Thai Greet.
We ll never get a Hello back. NO smile at all !!!
We travelled with our 16 month old son. They were also very reserved about him. He was not allowed to play with there wooden cleenex boxes. They always made a strange face if they saw him.
We had friends staying there. Therfore i watched this a couple of days and went to the GM.
We had a nice talk but the next day the waiter came towards me and were shouting at me.
I should have told him myself !
I mean he hardly could speak English. Also i want to enjoy my Holiday and dont argue with waiters.
I did this in a good way to report the GM about his staff.
I thought it helped them to increase their Quality.
Not at all, then i had a waiter who was angry on me.
What kind of Managemant ist that ?
I would strongly recommend not to go there if you re used to Thai Hospitality.
The Beach is great for families. There re so many families around.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Hannes D
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I had 6 night's at Longtail Resort - very nice experience. I had the bungalow 2nd from the beach which was a perfect location. No need for AC as the fan in the room was more than adequate. Nice hammock on the deck on the front and spacious room with comfy bed and mozzy net (not needed ). You nee to cover up or be inside between 7-8 am and 5-7 pm as the mosquito situation is fierce!
The staff are wonderful - very friendly and helpful with all your needs.
Big shout ou to the food though......incredible, some of the nest meals I have had in 1 month in Thailand. Well priced also!
Thanks so much Watcharin - you are your staff are doing a wonderful job.

Room Tip: all of the rooms are well located - you are only 1 min to the restaurant and beach - sometimes much less. Consider not using AC as the fans in the rooms are adequate. Nice to help save some energy :)
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank toosdh
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Very nice hotel located on thong nai pan beach (which is top right if your looking at a map of the island).

it's definately one of the better beaches on the island, but is a long car journey from the pier to the hotel through a long winding jungle road through the middle of the island. hotel is loacted at the end of the beach which is quite nice as noone really comes past where you are sat chilling as there is nowhere beyond.

staff are friendly enough, certainly not the friendliest, just ok in my opinion.

rooms were very nice, large and cool. we stayed in room 2 right by the beach.comfy bed, towels wet-room style bathroom. all in all very nice.

owner run a pick-up truck into the full moon party for 200bht per person which i thought, considering the distance was pretty good. but if you are planning to go to the FMP its a good 45min away.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave1987
Reviewed 14 January 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights during the full moon party week.

It was a a bit of a journey from the pier - we asked the resort to arrange a taxi and it was around 500 thb for 2 people which was reasonable since the journey was approx 30-40 mins going over the infamous koh phangnan mountain.

As soon as we arrived we were shown to our hut (we stayed in the hut opposite the restuarant, Catogory B). The hut was very clean and basic and had everything we needed essentially. I would advise not to stay too close to the beach as the tides during the December month were very strong and noisy. Of course some people may find it relaxing, I think I felt a little sea sick hearing it for 3 days straight.

The food at this resort was the best I had tasted in Thailand by far. Everything is paid for at the end of your stay including food and drinks so be sure to check it is the correct amount.

The area is very quiet and peaceful with the nearest town with shops including a 7 Elevan and bars about 10 mins walk down the main road or you can walk along the beach.

The manager and his staff were all very helpful and friendly and we had no problems at all during our stay.

For the full moon party - we put our name down to take a taxi to Haad Rin which was about a 40min ride up and down that mountain. The taxi driver will also ask you what time to pick you up after the party.

I say to only stay with Long Tail beach if you value some peace and quiet as there's not much to do around the local vinicity. i would stay near Haad Rin if I'm ever back for the full moon party.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2012

If your traveling to Thailand you must stay at Longtail Beach Resort on Koh PhaNgan! This place is simply amazing, the food is exceptional and the Owner is the nicest person in Thailand! Its in a beautiful location and the Owner speaks fluent in English and can help you with allof your daily planning. Believe me when I tell you that this is the place to be if you really want to experience the best Thailand has to offer, hands down, the best of the best!

• Stayed: January 2012