“Perfect location, great food.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ko Pha Ngan
Longtail Beach Resort
Ranked #10 of 92 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Good accommodation at very reasonable prices, Thailand as it should be! Stayed in an air con bungalow set back off the beach, basic but perfect, hammock on the veranda, clean but snug room. Beach setting is perfect, easy enough to get too, food was speedy and delicious, some of the best we had! Would absolutely return!

• Stayed: August 2013
There are newer reviews for Longtail Beach Resort

Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

My sister and I stayed at Longtail for 5 nights in August 2013 when backpacking around Thailand. I cannot recommend this resort enough. The staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful. We stayed in bungalow C7 and although it was the most basic, it had everything we could have needed (and as my sister pointed out why pay extra for air con and a hot shower when a cold shower and a fan did the same for a lot cheaper!). The resort itself is at the end of the beach, tucked away so as to be far away from the noise and peaceful yet it is still easy to walk into the town and down the beach to other restaurants. In addition to offering exceptional value for money accommodation, the restaurant at Longtail was fantastic. We experimented with other restaurants along the beach but quickly came to realise that Longtail was not only the best value for money but their food is some of the best I've tasted in all of Thailand. Would particularly recommend their glass noodle seafood salad and the red seafood curry with poached bananas in coconut milk for desert!

Overall a wonderful 6 days in paradise!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank LauraHH28
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at Longtail Beach Resort and I only wish it had been longer. I was a bit apprenhensive about how basic the bungalows would be, and they were pretty basic, but I loved it. The room had just a bed in it, with a bathroom attached at one side. Bed was comfortable and had a mosquito net over it. When I booked, the room was a fan only room, but when we turned up, they had had air conditioning installed in our bungalow which was a bonus. We used it, for a slightly higher price than the original fan only price, and it was the quietest air cond we came across on our trip. It was great.

The location is beautiful, right on Thong Nai Pan Yai beach. The water is flat calm and blue and the beach is sandy and clean.

The restaurant at Longtail is also fantastic. Reasonable prices and a great selection of dishes. We tried lots of different things at breakfast and lunch, and all were delicious.

Longtail really is the best value for money in my opinion. We hope to return next year, for a longer stay - already looking forward to it!! Thanks for a fantastic stay.

Room Tip: We had one of the most basic rooms and it was just fine, all you need!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fieryangus
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Longtail beach resort is a must! The simple life at its best! Me & my husband spent three glorious days here whilst travelling on our honeymoon. Before your stay drop them an email & ask for hut 1, it's by far the best spot right on the beach! Take a good book & relax in the hammock whist watching the day go by! Thangnai beach is beautiful! Paradise with a capital P! If your lucky the manager will even swing by with a free coconut drink freshly picked from the trees! For the price longtail really is excellent!

Room Tip: Beach hut one!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Allison M
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Do not be afraid of the booking system. The lack of deposit or payment doesn't mean you will arrive to find your room is occupied. The staff are friendly. The thai food at the restaurant is good the western was a bit lacking. The rooms were good and clean and we really enjoyed our stay here. The only thing is it was very far and quite expensive for us to get to haad rin so think twice if that is why you're visiting koh Phangan

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank RSRNS
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Long tail is a wonderful place to stay. It's a small resort so all bungalows are near the beach and their restaurant is really cozy with great chill out area whether you want to stay out of rain or shine. The staff are friendly and helpful. They offer good value of transport to and from Thongsala. The food is great especially their amazing fruit salad for breakfast with or without musli and yoghurt.

The beach is in my view the best beach on the island with beautiful smooth sand and you can swim year round compared to the west coast where it's too shallow to swim parts of the year. The beach is not that long so although longtail is at one end of the beach you are never far away from the other restaurants and bars. It is clean and quiet and the best value place on the beach and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Melinatravel
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Okay, stayed here once last year for five nights and loved the chilled out area compared to some other parts of Koh Phangan.

This time managed to get Room One right at the front of the resort next to the beach. Booked about six months in advance for this. Room was great and offered exactly what I wanted, a bed, a fan, aircon optional, bathroom with hot shower and a hammock.

I spent most evening in the hammock, reading or just watching the sea which was very calming. Food here is top notch with excellent choice for brekkie of which I always opted for pancake with bacon and a side of honey to drizzle over.

Staff are great a very friendly and helped us book a car ferry back to mainland on departure day as it was going to be busy straight after Full Moon Party. Speaking of which, I was a little concerned when I worked out we'd be there when the FMP was on but it appears that very few party people stay all the way up here. So now wide-eyed half wits walking around in day-glo gear with a bucket in hand.

I tried to book another room for August for myself and my daughter but it was already full so don't delay and book early. A real gem of a place...

Room Tip: Simple...Go for Room One
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple