All reviews air con koh phangan thong nai pan other guests thai food stayed here for nights bars and restaurants peace and quiet fantastic stay comfy bed amazing food nice pool huts bungalow paradise island bay
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Bungalows are very basic and modest but if you're just looking for a place to crash, this is the perfect choice. Laid back atmosphere and a really, really nice restaurant where you can hang out with fellow travellers. Also the food is amazing!

The resort is located at the far south end of the beach. Not the best place to swim so you should walk more to the middle of the beach. Service was really good and friendly. No wifi in the rooms but the restaurant/reception area offers a proper signal.

Date of stay: August 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gusse C

We stayed for just 2 nights on a quick stop between tao n samui

The hotel was very reasonable for around £20 for a beach bungalow with aircon

The rooms are clean but be prepared to get bit as you are in the jungle part

The hotel is located in a very quite bay and if your after nightlife then I would avoid as its quite by 11 but great if you have kids as beach is quite

Not much in way of shopping etc but a few nice restaurants n the food in the hotel is great

1  Thank Joshlee17
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Good accommodation at very reasonable prices, Thailand as it should be! Stayed in an air con bungalow set back off the beach, basic but perfect, hammock on the veranda, clean but snug room. Beach setting is perfect, easy enough to get too, food was speedy and delicious, some of the best we had! Would absolutely return!

Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

My sister and I stayed at Longtail for 5 nights in August 2013 when backpacking around Thailand. I cannot recommend this resort enough. The staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful. We stayed in bungalow C7 and although it was the most basic, it had everything we could have needed (and as my sister pointed out why pay extra for air con and a hot shower when a cold shower and a fan did the same for a lot cheaper!). The resort itself is at the end of the beach, tucked away so as to be far away from the noise and peaceful yet it is still easy to walk into the town and down the beach to other restaurants. In addition to offering exceptional value for money accommodation, the restaurant at Longtail was fantastic. We experimented with other restaurants along the beach but quickly came to realise that Longtail was not only the best value for money but their food is some of the best I've tasted in all of Thailand. Would particularly recommend their glass noodle seafood salad and the red seafood curry with poached bananas in coconut milk for desert!

Overall a wonderful 6 days in paradise!

1  Thank LauraHH28
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at Longtail Beach Resort and I only wish it had been longer. I was a bit apprenhensive about how basic the bungalows would be, and they were pretty basic, but I loved it. The room had just a bed in it, with a bathroom attached at one side. Bed was comfortable and had a mosquito net over it. When I booked, the room was a fan only room, but when we turned up, they had had air conditioning installed in our bungalow which was a bonus. We used it, for a slightly higher price than the original fan only price, and it was the quietest air cond we came across on our trip. It was great.

The location is beautiful, right on Thong Nai Pan Yai beach. The water is flat calm and blue and the beach is sandy and clean.

The restaurant at Longtail is also fantastic. Reasonable prices and a great selection of dishes. We tried lots of different things at breakfast and lunch, and all were delicious.

Longtail really is the best value for money in my opinion. We hope to return next year, for a longer stay - already looking forward to it!! Thanks for a fantastic stay.

Room tip: We had one of the most basic rooms and it was just fine, all you need!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple