“Nice !!”

Ocean View Beach Resort
Aalborg, Denmark
“Nice !!”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

The Koh Phangan is famous for its "full moon party", on this side of the island, there is completely quit, and are pretty far away from all the partying - this is relaxation in perfect surroundings.
We had two boys with 5 and 7, and the beach and water was ok for them as well.
Thumbs up, and pretty sure we will return!

Room Tip: Choose a room at the beachfront
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Peter Kongstad S

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stayed at Ocean View Resort for a week in October. There were very few guests which added to the relaxation and quiet atmosphere. My room was simple and basic, but had the essentials like hot water, shelving for my belongings, a comfortable bed (which can be hard to find in Thailand), a mosquito net over the bed and a hammock on the porch. There's no electricity during the day, but that was not a huge inconvenience as I was looking to be disconnected from the world. The electric at night is powered by a generator and I could sometimes smell the kerosene from my room. I loved that I could see the ocean from my bed and spent a lot of time in the hammock during the daily monsoons. This beach is absolutely beautiful due to the sandbars. This makes it more suitable for snorkeling over swimming (lots of rocks and bottom dwellers like sea urchins and sea cucumbers that I would not want to step on). The best snorkeling is around the rocks to the left of the beach. The resort offers free snorkel gear which was nice. The restaurant served amazing food and I encourage them to stay open through dinner because I was disappointed by the other nearby options. The quality of the food and the preparation were top notch. I had difficulty with transportation to/from the ferry and ended up securing my own transport both ways which would be inconvenient for people who are not familiar with Thailand and is the reason I gave the 4/5 rating. They are a new resort which makes the transportation glitches understandable, though still a hassle. I also experienced difficulty and some confusion with the email communication and couldn't seem to get through on the phone, but difficulty in communicating is not uncommon in Thailand. Overall, I highly recommend this resort and especially appreciated the reggae bar next door at Coral Bay Resort for good conversation and further relaxation.

Room Tip: All of the rooms seem to be nice though I would have preferred a solo bungalow for added quiet and p...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have lived in Thailand for three years. I have been to many beaches and stayed in many hotels. I was really, really happy with Ocean View.

Firstly, Bovy, one of the owners, is an absolute sweetheart. She does her best to make your stay wonderful.

The resort is on one of the nicest beaches in Phangan. The best part was the seclusion. It feels surreal that you could stay somewhere in Thailand and feel so remote- many places are full of tourists.

The restaurant was HANDS DOWN some of the best Thai food I have had in my 3 years in Thailand. They don't have a huge menu, but it is totally appealing. The Penang curry was the best I have ever had. The Thai Mango Salsa with a light, crispy tempura topping- OH MY GOD. I had some of the western dishes too: Caramalized Onion Burger, Wrap with Avocado, Prawns and Feta: each and every dish I tried I scarfed. I am a picky eater. If you have stayed in Bangkok, the food (to me) was on the level of "Soul Food". Simpler, but equally well prepared.

Maybe the best part of the whole thing is the value. We payed 850THB per night. No electricity during the day, and no Wifi, but this felt like an absolute steal given the surroundings. There were dive boats letting people snorkel at the head of the bay- it is clearly a great spot for snorkeling, too.

Room Tip: Oops- I clicked that it had a fitness center but it doesn't. No way to un-click that. I'd...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We loved this place so much.

Haad Khom is a pretty isolated beach near bottle beach. When we arrived here, we had lunch at the café. Only slightly more expensive than most of the Thai places, we had one of the best meals we had during our entire trip here. Try the chicken salad it is absolutely amazing! Great healthy herb and fruit shakes too.

Also the owner, Bovy, is lovely! She is a proud island lady, born in Ko Phangan. She was so very helpful. When we asked her for advice about how to travel to Khao Sok National park, she offered to arrange everything for us, which she did for a very very reasonable price - I wonder how she even made profit of that.

We were surprised about the actual size of our Tropical Beach Bungalow, especially considering the price we payed for it. Defenately worth it! So spacious and beautiful. This was by far the best place we have stayed in Thailand. Beautiful terrace with hammocks, couches and a fatboy, a shower with a see through roof and a really comfy bed. If we ever return to Ko Phangan we will stay at this place for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Meganjoya
Salzburg, Austria
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We stayed in august with our son for seven days at Ocean View. We´ve booked the beachfront bungalow with two bedrooms and were more than satisfied. If something did not work it was corrected immediately by the staff. If you are looking for peace, a small, quiet beach and if you are satisfied with simple things, then here is the perfect place to dangle the soul. Also we absolutly can recommend "Big´s bar" wich is directly located on the beach. There you can get not only cold beer and great cocktails - above all you enjoy a super friendly service Company by "Big", the owner.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Yuparet, Owner at Ocean View Beach Resort, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Dear sir,

Thank you to spend your vacation at Ocean View Beach Resort also for your review on Trip Advisor which supporting us.

Best regard,
Lyon, France
Reviewed 2 September 2013

A really beautiful place with nothing around !
I recommend this hotel with the bungalow Beach Front
The hospitality is incredible. The boss whose name is Big is really really nice.
I recommend also a bar next to this hotel. A nice place to drink a beer in front of the sunset with lots of animal especially a fat pig called DUCK DICK !!!

To summerize i highly recommend this hotel. Not too expensive. Nice staff !!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much to spend your vacation at The Ocean View Beach Resort also your review on Trip Advisor which supporting us.

The Ocean View Beach Resort team are looking forward to look after you on your next vacation in Koh Phangan in the future again.

Sincerely yours,
Ko Pha Ngan, Thailand
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

I wouldn't suggest this restaurant to anybody. Even if the scenery is excellent, the food and the service are hopeless. We got our final dish 1,5 hours after the first one. The chicken was not cooked through, the salad swam in vinager and the yam salad has been stripped of all things Thai.

Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your review to let's us know that we need to improve on the accommodation.
Sincerely yours,