All reviews thongsala pier koh phangan amazing food pool beach villa
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

I and my couple went to Phangan for Honeymoon trip. We just booked Jacuzzi room as we have seen on Website that look very nice and also jacuzzi working well.
We choose B52 because of neary the Peir and city and also nearby the beach with big pool able to have panorama view of Thongsala Beach that our dream. Otherwise , the real is we didn't get nice room with jacuzzi but we found poor jacuzzi with dirty water and small room. Anyways, staff are nice and transfer service from the peir was great. Thank you.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at B52 resort. Staff were friendly and helpful. Enjoyed being so close to the beach as well as the night markets. Amazing food at Pantip Food Marke. You can also literally walk along the beach to Thongsala Pier to catch the ferry. No need for a taxi. Free transfer from the pier to the resort which you should arrange with reception before arrival. Did not have the breakfast so I can't say much other than what I saw looked good. I would advise not to pay extra for the villa with the plunge pool because you can't exactly use it with all the mosquitos around. Was very unpleasant. Had to get some extra mosquito repellent for the room and for the outside area. We used a towel to close the opening below the door between the bathroom and the plunge pool to keep them out. All in all it was a decent Stay. Much better than I had expected after reading so many terrible reviews. I think the staff work very hard to make the experience a pleasurable one

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cosmopolitan171420
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Below average. Looks much better in pictures. Confusing check in and very slow service. Pool was green/dirty for the first couple days. Rooms super outdated. Not the best location. There are definitely much better hotels to chose from in Koh Phangan

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank lcarykbunker
Reviewed 14 February 2017

This was by far the worst hotel of my whole travel through South East Asia.
For starters, i book a room with a private plunge pool, honestly it was just a small jacuzzi (for 1 person, 2 not very comfortable) with cold water. It was conected to the bathroom through a window, but the problem is that the frame of that window does not matches to the hole in the wall for the window, then there is a huge space where mosquitos get into the room during the whole night.
You have no control over the temperature of the water in the shower, you can only regule the amount of water you want, but not the temperature.
There is no phone in the room, so for each question/problem/request you may have, you must go the reception for assistance (and not always there is someone there to help you).
Staff is friendly but they can barely speak english, so be prepare to explain tons of times whatever you need, and expect to recieve not even half of it.
Also, due to some "logistic problem", they requested me to change room in the middle of my stay in the hotel. It was quite umpleasent cause in the middle of my period in the islad, i had to pack all my stuff back just to switch room.
Even though they say breakfast starts at 7, the truth is that nothing (except coffee and hot water) is ready before 8:30-9:00.
If you planning to be there by one of the "moon parties", be prepare to get scammed with every ridicously charge for "leaving paint" in the property: towels, sheets, carpets, pillows, etc; whatevery they can find, they will charge it to you, even though they know is water based pain that cleans easily with water.
Location is quite good, but there are plenty of better hotels surrounding this one.
My firm recomendation is to run away from here as fast as you can, pick another hotel. This one shouldnt even be called resort.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank Rodrigo M
Reviewed 28 January 2017

This was a really unfortunate experience for me. After traveling through Thailand for over 2 months, this was the worst hotel I stay at.
The receptionist, Nok, was a very insulting and rude person. She should not work in hospitality. She did not let us check in early, and as we understood and wanted to leave our bags with her for another hour before the timing, she kept yelling at us and did not allow us to speak. The photos of the resort are completely inaccurate, it looked beautiful, but in reality there are no pillows set up, no one at the pool bar, the Thai staff sleep on the couches in the lounge area.
Our room was decent, but not as pictured. We rented a little bungalow with a small patio, and Nok (not surprisingly) gave us the most run-down bungalow with plastic chairs in front that were dirty and unappealing. The bathroom was ok for Thai standards. But given our experience with the staff we would never recommend this place to anybody. It was a shame to stay in Koh Phagnan with such a bad experience of B52. There are a LOT of better choices than this place.

Room tip: do not stay
Date of stay: January 2017