“Owner has changed, now it is overrated!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ko Pha Ngan
Seaview Bungalows Thansadet
Ranked #56 of 91 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Reviewed 25 July 2012 via mobile

Nice view and friendly staff BUT: the owner has changed and now it seems like the new owner tries to squeeze out the money out of the well rated bungalows. Rooms were not clean and run down. Beach is far away and you need to climb a rough way (10-15 minutes) to get there. After one night staying we decided to move to a bungalow directly at the beach (Mai Pen Rai). 190 Baht more per night but DEFINITELY worth it.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank tt-willy

Reviewed 19 July 2012

My wife and I spent 2 nights at Sea View after reading all of the rave reviews. Obviously they were doing something right to get such a high rating, I thought. After two days, we packed our bags and left.

The beach at Thansadet is nice... actually its really nice - but the hotel isn't on the beach. You have to walk about 10 minutes through the woods to get there. Once at the beach, you will see 3 seperate resorts that offer BEAUTIFUL bungalows that are direct ocean front, for a mere 100 - 300 Baht more per night. All of the beach front hotels have restaurants, kayak rentals etc.

Once at Sea View, we met 2 other couples who shared our exact sentiments. None of us hated Sea View, but we all agreed that it wasn't special. It was just another budget-minded resort on Koh Phangan.

The food was pretty good - not great - but just above par. Only one of the 4 staff members spoke English. They were all pretty friendly, but no one really seemed to be in charge. When we checked in, me, my wife and two other travelers all waited at the front reception area with no direction for about 5 minutes. After we were "checked in" we weren't told where our room was, how to get to the beach or what the opening/closing times were for the restaurant.

I look at my time at Sea View as an experience, just not one that I would probably repeat.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jcsfla
Reviewed 29 June 2012

This place is unbelievable. Aom is the nicest hostess ever, she is friendly, genuine, and her cooking is so amazing. Take the cooking course, I regret not taking it!

The bungalos are basic enough, it's a very relaxing area, small beach with not too many people.. Thankfully 2 restaurant bars on the beach and an amaaazing quiet bar next door to the bungalos (Hide on High). If you're looking for somewhere very accessible to everything, this is not the place. Or somewhere RIGHT on the beach. The roads are rough to get there, but it is 10x more relaxing and less teenagery than anywhere else on the island. I am so sad to have left!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank selectohh
Reviewed 15 May 2012

After looking for a hotel on trip advisor we decided to go for the first ranked one and were not disappointed!
This place is just paradise if you want to get away from your day to day busy and stressful routine and do not wish to mix up with the flow of tourists!
The bungalows are situated around an hour away from the city (accessible only with 4x4) and give access to a very quite bay/beach (you have to walk around 15 minutes in the jungle, very sharp way).
The restaurant is just awesome! We stayed there 4 days and then travelled for another 6 days and I kept being disappointed with other restaurants!
If you are not looking for something fancy it is the place to go! The view is just amazing and the owner and staff very friendly and helpful!
Unlike some other commentaries said you are not tracked there, if you want to go away for a day you can easily get a taxi service from the two restaurants situated on the beach!

Thanks a lot to Patrick, his wife, Aom and others for taking such a good care of us!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Having been to Krabi which has nice beaches but tons of tourists, coming to Seaview was a relief and a pleasant surprise! The owner is a very nice man from German who runs the Bungalow and restaurant business. What can I say? It is very homely, would not stay another place both if I were going to Koh Phangan or if I would travel to Thailand (meaning its highly recommended). The two bad reviews it got must have suffered from som Western disease. This is the genuine experience. Yes the Bungalows are simple but you dont come to Thailand to stay inside! The stars at night are beautiful, the food is the best I have tasted ever, prices are better then anywhere else.It being a restaurant far away from everything thats quite amazing! We traveled as a couple andawe are definitely coming back Could write more praise, but you get what I am saying. Just book it, email the owner and he will pick you up for free!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Aksel L
Reviewed 14 February 2012

This place is crazy gorgeous !!!!
As i got there i couldnt stop laughing, it's just amazingly beautiful.
No electricity, simple room but so charming and the view takes your beath away !

Patrick and his wife are adorable. He picked me up at Tong Sala to drive through the carzy roads and welcome me warmly.
The food is so deliciious.
Nothing wrong just perfect !

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank dpolasek
Reviewed 6 December 2011

We had a GREAT time at Seaview on our trip in July. Patrick and his wife could not be more lovely and helpful. The bungalows are basic but exactly as described, and really good value. It's really remote and isolated but that's the point! Get away from the hordes of crazies! The restaurant was lovely, overlooking the amazing view, and the home cooked food was great.

We did the cooking course, highly recommended. Will hopefully come back one day! Good luck with the new arrival to the family :-)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
#54 of 91 in Ko Pha Ngan
Maehaad Bay Resort
Maehaad Bay Resort
#35 of 91 in Ko Pha Ngan

Been to Seaview Bungalows Thansadet? Share your experiences!