“Most friendly staff ever”
Review of B52 Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Pha Ngan
B52 Beach Resort
Ranked #97 of 137 Ko Pha Ngan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Besides The clean And comfortable huts and great location The most welcoming staff so far enjoyed in Thailand. Great swiming pool on The beach And hut wel cleaned everyday.
If I ever will be back on this island I would definitly go back to this place!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Like I say the hotel has got a little worn down since the photos were taken and could do with a little attention in some areas. Having said that the staff are more than helpful and the rooms are quaint. It is a bit
Out of the way if you are looking for any bars or restaurants (it seems to be in a very locals part) but there is a very good restaurant about 15 mins walk away and was very cheap! Overall the hotel was lovely for a quiet getaway and the food is very nice (just a bit expensive). P.S. View from pool is amazing x

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We had a wonderful relaxing stay in a deluxe bungalow here. The room is furnished beautifully and very spacious and light and had the most comfortable bed we've found in Thailand! Breakfast was delicious and a lovely pool right on the calm beach.
There is not much near to the hotel and Thong Sala itself is a bit of a dump. We hired mopeds though the hotel to explore the island and found much nicer beaches.
We were most impressed with the service in B52- it is fantastic and the staff are the cheeriest, politest we have encountered. Especially the guys at breakfast. It was a pleasure to be their guest!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights in one of the terraced bungalows.

Pros

Warm greeting with welcome drink
Helpful staff - can organise taxi, laundry, bikes etc

Nice room - lovely compared to the other bungalows we had stayed in. Clean, plenty of room & great a/c. Bathroom a bit strange, all concrete on floor & wall but otherwise fine - electric hot water shower was very nice.

Pool area - great views from infinity pool.

Breakfast - gorgeous, had the American one day & porridge the next. Both lovely.

Great location - less than 10 mins walk to thongsala pier & we rented a bike for the day for 200bt and visited haad rin for a few hours.

Cons

Death nails - Other people had commented on the "death nails" they are ridiculous! Decking around pool had hundreds of them sticking out - make sure you wear flip flops all the time.

Room - Only 1 mirror in the bathroom which was always hot as the top of the wall is bamboo so hard to put on make up

Not for the crazy partiers as far from haad rin & pool bar closes early but if you walk left from leaving the hotel along the beach there is a "aloha" bar which stays open late & was full of backpackers

Overall I would definitely stay here again and would recommend for those who want to stay in something better than a tiny bungalow but not pay a crazy price - we got a great deal through trivago.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stayed at the B52 in march 2013- been meaning to write this for ages!! Stayed for 4 nights around half moon party as our trip didnt coincide with a full moon :-( ! Pretty basic accomodation but air conditioning worked very well (essential in thailand!) and bed was comfy- to be honest there is so much to do on the island you won't need to spend too much time here! I would imagine its a great place to stay for the full moon party as it is about a 20min car ride to haad rin where the party is- so away from the main busy-ness but close enough to get to and the resort provide free transfer to haad rin for the full moon parties. Good location few bars and restaurants close by and felt very safe, bout 15-20min walk to thongsala- which is where the ferrys mostly go from also. Bar/restaurant good- average prices- your will probably find cheaper outside the resort. Breakfast that was included was good- have the pancakes! Really cheap mexican restaurant nearby if you want a break from noodles!!

The main reason I wanted to leave a review is to advise EVERYONE to check out NOPPY TOURS- Noppy is a lovely local who will literally do ANYTHING for you- from organising boat tours around the island to bottle beach etc, elephant rides, a ride to the half moon party- he even booked our ferry to Koh Tao and took us there the next morning! You can also hire scooters from him/his colleague. He is the NICEST MAN EVER and just really epitomises the well known thai hospitality! YOU MUST GO AND SEE HIM! He has a facebook page- Noppy tours and to find him- just turn left out of the resort and he is in the first scooter place you come to. We also hired a scooter from here whic was ideal to explore the island- pretty safe and good roads unlike the neighbouring koh tao's roads!!

Koh Phangan was one of my favourite places in thailand- you could stay here forever!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

I've been meaning to write this for some time, I stayed here in march for just over 3 weeks I got married at the b52 on march 22, I have to say it was absolutely perfect and stunningly beautiful, Gail the manager absolutely nailed it she is a wonderful lady who I grew so fond of and actually cried when I left!! I booked and arranged the wedding all by email so was very concerned but nothing was ever too much she met my every wish and request and I had the best day of my life!!! I would highly recommend if your thinking of getting married here!
There are a few bad points to the hotel itself that really need to be sorted out seeing by other reviews its yet to be done, when we arrived I was really disappointed with our room we had the best room we had the big villa on the beach which wasn't cheap but I suppose you are paying for the location rather than the room quality, it was dingy and the bathroom was awful it was black concrete from floor to celling and the only wardrobe they had was in the bathroom, not the greatest location for clothes getting damp! There was nowhere to store clothes and the only mirror was a very small round one above the sink in the bathroom, as you can imagine in a black bathroom the light was rubbish!! As I was getting married there I needed a mirror to see myself in my dress and to do hair and makeup considering this is a wedding venue you would think they would at least have thought of that, but I asked Gail and within the hour she had gone out and bought a full length one so they are very good when you have a problem. But I would suggest they get more storage for clothes as there was myself and husband plus our son in that room and we had to live out of a suitcase the entire time, not easy!! Also the aircon broke when we was there and as you can imagine it was unbearably hot it took them 3 days to get it fixed to the point where we threatened to leave, when your paying top prices in Thailand you expect aircon, I was disappointed that nothing was offered as a good will gesture as it was terrible not even a free meal etc! Especially as we had spent thousands with them.
As for the death nails those signs were put up because of us, my nephew was getting out of the pool and put his hands on the decking and a sharpe nail went straight threw his hand slicing it, I also put my foot straight thew it and ripped my toenail up and my mums partner also put his foot straight threw the decking grazing all his ankle cutting it, as you can imagine we went mad and that's when the 'death nails' sign went up!!! The amount of money it cost them to get all the signs made could of paid to get the pool area re decked, which needs doing immediately its so dangerous! There are literally sharpe rusty nails sticking out everywhere! Also they only clean the pool once a week and it actually turned my sister in-law's hair green!! That needs to be cleaned at least once a day!!! All these things if they were sorted it can really have the potential to be a perfect stay!! As Gail is such a beautiful kind hearted lady who you found it impossible to be mad with regarding these issues!
Also yes service wasn't great things coming out wrong and we were getting other people's bills causing chaos and more disagreements! It's simple things that need tending to! We formed a good relationship with Kev one of the staff he is brilliant, such a hard working great person, always tending to everyone he isn't appreciated as much as he should be!
I know it sounds like alot of negative but I hope these things will get sorted and we would love to go back and visit on our year anniversary! Despite the negative points that can be sorted they gave us our most perfect wedding it was truely wonderful I thank Gail with all my heart.
Emma and Simon

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank emmat748
Reviewed 7 July 2013

on our trip around Thailand, this was the most expensive hotel in which we stayed, so we were expecting big things! however, we were met with a series of disappointments. Our room, despite our long in advance booking, seemed to be the worst in the whole place... There was a hole in the ceiling through which I could see the sky, and the bathroom was literally concrete floored, with bamboo sticks substituting a window giving the whole thing an extremely unpleasant feel.
The staff continually messed up orders of food and drinks despite our clear communication, and we were even charged on several occasions for food which we never consumed which was clearly another persons bill...this caused several disputes as the staff were extremely difficult. The food in itself was really horrendous.
The pool had "death nails" - in their own words - all around on the decking which clearly hadn't been properly constructed or finished.
There are several hotels in koh Phagnan with better locations and standards for cheaper prices, unfortunately we were convinced by their website and as a result had an extremely regrettable stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends