“Simple, nice and tasty” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #247 of 354 Restaurants in Ko Pha Ngan
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Alberta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simple, nice and tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

Great service. Very friendly.
We ordered pizza. The crust was thin, and the sauce was made of fresh tomatoes. It was delicious. Simple food and very tasty.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Belgrade, Serbia
“Good Puttanesca”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

Me and my family like to come to this restaurant often the owner is a very nice friendly guy.
My favorite dish here is puttanesca pasta and greek salad and my son love Pistachio ice cream and fresh coconut a lot. They close late than other restaurant around here I would recommend for special occasion dinner as well.

Visited May 2013
San Diego, California
“Don't waste your time or money...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

If Italian food is what you are looking for, do not bother with this place. There is better Italian food at Thai restaurants nearby. Poor service, HIGH prices and below average quality food. Sorry to have nothing good to say, but... Nothing good came from wasting my money there.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SDMrNiceGuy
Koh Phangan
“Violent chef made for a terrible night”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2013

I want to say the pizza is decent and the bread and pasta are mediocre enough, but even these words are too nice after the chef yelled very angrily and aggressively at my friend for asking why the bill was calculated to be so high. We were overcharged about 80 Baht for our food and when we questioned the price of the bill, the wife of the chef said "we don't work for free" (they certainly don't - our 950 dinner was charged over 1000 Baht).

When my friend dropped the money on the table in exasperation, the chef came out and screamed loudly enough for all customers inside, outside, and across the street that my friend was being ridiculous for questioning the bill and that they were not here to take our money. When my friend talked back about the bill being calculated incorrectly, the wife of the chef put her fingers on her lips and "shhhhed" him. When my friend did the same back to her, the chef actually reached out and shoved my friend. If we didn't walk away quickly, I am sure the chef would have gotten far more violent.

Very rude and unacceptable customer service. Shoving a customer for asking why we were paying for more than our fair share .... ?

Last thing I will say is that this is the second time the bill has been calculated incorrectly (over-calculated ...)

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank StacySDub
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Nice Location, cold food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

Have tried serveral different lasagne in Ko Phangan and this is not recommendeble.
Waiting time 35 min. even when im the only guest ordering food.
The beer was very cold, unfortunately so was the lasagne. When no waiters around paying attention at the restaurant I gave back the lasagne to be reheatet myself.
The bread included was kind of dry and really not worth eating and nothing special about the letters, carrot and tomatoes that represented the salad.
From the tables in the garden you can follow the dailylife in the street of Sri Thanu.
I was recommended this place so I was rather disappointed.

• Visited February 2013