“Western style cute resort with the best sunset”
Review of Beck's Resort

Beck's Resort
Ranked #42 of 92 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Beijing
“Western style cute resort with the best sunset”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I picked this one because its near the pier that we can go diving dining and everything, yet a bit away from all the noise.

After a tranquil 5 days at the relaxing Thong Nan Pai beach, beck's give me a feeling of backing to earth when I first moved to here because the restaurant/lounge area is like the bar which I always hang out with friends. Rooms look fine,we got the one right infront the beach which we can hear the waves all night long especially windy nights, romantic but a bit scary for 2 girls....

It's said has the best sunset among the island and it's totally worth the slogan! We got a fantastic sunset view just through our room window!

Food and staffs are nice and helpful.And they keep a otter as pet which gave us lots of joy during our stay..

The only regret for me is the beach is toooo shallow to swim and there's no pool. Would be great if there's a pool, so the only things to do are either go far to dive/snorkeling/motorbiking/kayak to the close little island or just hanging out in the beach bar and watching sunset doing nothing..

Room Tip: Beach front is coool but could be noisy during windy days
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 7 October 2012

It was my very first time that i wrote on tripadvisor after years of travelling. i felt i MUST do this time round as its such a freaking terrible experience i got from BECKS RESORT.

On the first night that me n my friends have arrived, everything went very smoothly and very good assistance from a msian n thai receptionist. it was great for them to let us know more information about Koh Phangan. if you were there, look out for the msian recceptionist. she´s awesome!!!

As the time flies very fast, it was the actual day of Full Moon party at Haad Rin beach! Awesome party which one have to experience it! After returning back to the hotel, which was 4am and get things done, me n friends have to catch the ferry before 8am. have a short nap, and woke up to get things done n wanna catch the taxi to the pier before 7.30am.

As usual, get dressed and was looking for my 21st birthday watch presented by my family and which is so memorable for me and my Diamond ring was LOST LOST LOST!!!! flip over the whole room but couldnt find it at all!! i remembered very clearly that it was kept together will all my valuables but its only my watch and diamond ring was lost!!

I hate staying in Beck's Resort@Koh Pha-Ngan!!! The hotels staff are thieves!!! Be very very EXTRA CAREFUL with them. they will wait for you guys to get of the hotel esp on FULL MOON PARTY and they will steal your valuables. I have lost my diamond ring and my memorable watch. I hope non of frens that stay over there will encounter this [--] moment. Even the management will not be assisting you even you are lost and it makes me blow my mind off!! [--] PEOPLE with no courtesy.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank ShawnaChoong
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2012 via mobile

I booked ahead with sawadee.com. It was a little cheaper than booking direct at around 630 baht for a beachside fan bungalow (low season). They are large with comfortable bed, powerful fan and bath with hot shower. There is also a coffee making facility, (but bring your own coffee). 300 baht rooms are available, but are a lot more basic. Housekeeping come everyday.

I walked from the pier as it's only 15 mins away. It is a secluded, quiet area - right next to the beach. You can hire a kayak from them for 100 baht/hr to visit the neighbouring island 15mins away. Also bicycle's are available for 100 baht/day to see places nearby.

Their restaurant has a wide range of pizza, pasta, sandwiches and Thai food. There is an offer from 5pm for Thai speciality street food (69 baht).

Next door there is a cafe called heartbreak cafe which is good also. They have two cute little puppies and a friendly cat called tiger if you like animals.

The staff at beck's are friendly, they help with anything you may need. You can book excursions, borrow books or play pool at the main bar area. The outside beach bar opens 1pm till late, which has hammocks and comfortable loungers.

It is useful to have a motorbike, but it is still possible to walk to shops and restaurants in town.

I would recommend for a quiet, comfortable stay. I liked that it was right on the beach and that it was convenient for the pier.  A

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Alex G
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2012 via mobile

Stayed three nights at the Becks Resort for the September Full Moon Party.

Resort grounds were nice, plenty of spacious bungalows, great restaurant area with pool table and ping pong, beach bar was really nice and relaxed. Beach was OK but not stunningly blue or clear (probably due to being so close to the port. The resort have lots of dogs who seemed friendly enough, as well as a ferret called Hot Dog.

Location: about 5 mins drive to Thong Sala, where the boat comes in. There's not too much in Thong Sala but an array of shops, pharmacies and a few alright restaurants. We ate at one of the open street kitchens which was nice and cheap.

Rooms: large rooms with good working air con and tv, no safety box although you can pay 100 baht a day to leave your belongings behind reception. Our window rattled all night due to the wind and the shower dripped constantly so sleeping with earplugs was a must! Bathroom wasn't grating but it did the job.

Staff spoke really good English and were able to arrange trips/taxis/bike rental for you. We booked a bike through the resort and upon returning they tried to charge us for damage that we hadn't done, but after much discussion the woman gave up.

Our only complaint was that 25 minutes after checking out, we were waiting for our taxi in the reception area when one of the hotel staff claimed they had already washed and dried the two towels we had showered with that morning and that as the dark marks hadn't washed out (most likely mascara) we had to pay for a new towel. Found it very hard to believe that in 25 minutes they could have already been washed so felt a little s cammed, especially as we hadhad such a great experience of Becks 'resort up until then.

For the Full Moon, the hotel arranged a taxi for 100 baht per person, the journey took bout 20 minutes up some very hair twisty roads.

Sadly the resort doesn't have a pool but tell grand sea resort two doors down has a nice pool you can swim in for 200 baht per person per day. We rented bikes and drove to Hat Salad and loved it, would highly recommend. Salad in the north and loved the beach

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank BeckieLouise87
Bonaire
Reviewed 16 August 2012

It is a great place to stay if you want to go and visit the full moon party, but do not stay within the busy Haad Rin area!!!! We had enough of the british, party environment, but still wanted to visit the full moon party.

We booked this resort as a last minute and we were impressed! Housekeeping did a good job and the staff was friendly.

The food in the resort isn;t all that special. We normally enjoy the local, thai food and were a bit shocked with the prices in the restaurant. Wanting to eat out side this place is not easy. You need to take a cab or walk 15 minutes. (bike rental is a good option)!

The island itself isnt all that, the water isn't nice and you can't really swim. BUT this resort gives you a nice holiday feeling and the beach bar makes this complete!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Rooms were clean and large, staff were extremely friendly and helpful, food was good with a great choice available. We found the location perfect; close to the pier (we walked from our boat), far enough away from hat rin and other late night noise but close enough to bars and restaurants as well as the nicer beaches on the west side. The overall appearance of the resort was great - the beach bar area was particularly cool and casual, great for late night lounging. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Goreus1010
Croydon, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We stayed at Becks Resort throughout the FMP period in July 2012, when we first arrived we were worried about how far we would be from Haad-Rin, but in my opinion it was actually a lucky escape!! By day you could relax on the decking by the beach in hammocks or hire out Kayaks and kayak to near by islands!

There was little to do around the actual resort itself, it is about a 15 minute walk to Thong Sala and there is a little British Pub about 10 minutes away which served half decent food, but the food at Beck's was probably some of the nicest food I actually ate in Thailand, it is a little over-priced, but worth staying there for some food!! The fact that it is so relaxing and there is good food at the resort is really good on the days after partying at haad rin beach the night before! In terms of getting to haad-rin it was about a 20-25 minute taxi ride, depending on how fast the driver drove and should cost you 100 baht each, don't pay more! There are so many taxis going past that getting into town is really not a problem and the staff can always call u a cab! Getting back they do sometimes make you wait until there are ten people in the taxi which can be a bit annoying when you want to get back, but unless you want to pay more it is ok!

The room was really nice, although we got a fan which was a nightmare I would pay extra for air-con next time!! And the staff were all really helpful and friendly with really really good english! I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to people, who want somewhere friendly to stay that is not right in the heart of the craziness of haad-rin!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room with air-con! It will be worth the money!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends