“Bed bugs”
Review of Ibiza Bungalow

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Pha Ngan
Ibiza Bungalow
“Bed bugs”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I stayed in one of the beach bungalows 8 years ago and it was great,I returned in may of 2012 thinking it would be great again,however this time i stayed in the 2nd one on the right(looking at the beach)I was sleeping at night and woke up to something biting my back,rolled over and picked off thinking it was just an ant,i then squished it on the floor and it was full of blood,I then jumped out of the bed,flicked on the light and the mattress and blanket was crawling in bed bugs.I proceeded to spray the bed with bedbug spray(funny that i had brought some with me)I collected about 20 in a clear plastic cup.Needless to say i did not sleep the rest of the night.In the morning I saw the young thai grounds keeper and flagged him over and showed him he said OHHH and something else in thai and took the cup.Upon checking out I tell the owner to give my $$ back and after a brief argument I did get a full refund,and he blamed it on all the tourist.
I said well maybe but I know I didn't bring them and you should get a bug bomb and do somthing about it.I am returning to Koh Phangan on wed,may8/13,and defiantly will not be staying on Had Yao beach.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Clevage

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed 8 March 2013 via mobile

Ibiza bungalows are right on Haad Yao beachfront and set in the perfect location. Great service and food all at a very reasonable price. The staff were really helpful and let us run a tab for the duration. The only down point is the whole beach seems to be the favoured place for German and Russian families so not much going on for a couple of fairly young Brits. All in all though a beautiful beach and fantastic island and id recommend to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 7 December 2012

These Bungalows are great. At low-saison I paid 500 ThaiBhat for 1 night for a doublesize bed with fan and cold shower. The bungalows all have hemlocks and are really clean and nice inside. The only problem was that they don't clean it (4 nights and nothing done). But else the staff is really nice, you can eat there (good and cheap) and also they have a really nice garden. The bungalows are directly at the best beach in Koh Phangan, so go for it! The staff is nice too.

Room Tip: try to get one next to the beach
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Vancouver
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Been through Indonesia, Cambodia, Vietnam, and 5 whole months in India. This place turned out to have the worst customer service/staff I've ever experienced.

I shouldve been weary when the guy didnt even get out of the couch he was lying on to check me in. He was as grumpy as they came.but it was checking out when it got real ugly.

I was literally yelled and heckled at in Thai as checked out and walked next door. Perhaps he didnt want to hear that because of the greedy actions of the young punk kid who rents motorbikes, a 100baht disagreement cost him over 2000Baht in revenue.

The kid who rents bike rented me one with no brakes. I took it for a spin the night before to test out before I ventured further into KPN hilly streets. rear brakes at 10% it was a death trap. Waited until morning ( my bad I know, but it was late) and asked to change bikes- thats when he started getting rude. NO MORE BIKES I was told. Fine.

I'll give you 1/2 days rent and a litre of gas I was told. No deal, no passport until I coughed up the whole 200.

Shouting matches ensued for 15 minutes with him fuming mad pacing in circles looking. I threw the money at him (rude and stupid on my part i know) and he threw my passport at me (so were even).

it was when I was checking out that I really felt a bad vibe, I felt the owner wouldve got violent had a said another word. I guess some people just dont like hearing the truth.

bad customer service=less profits
the shittier and greedier you act the less money you'll get from current and returning customers a like.

WORST PLACE EVER.

Now that Ive written my 1st review, time to review all the FANTASTIC places ive stayed in the past 8 months because they deserve it. This place deserves nothing more than a revolving door of disapointed customers who will never return again.

I will give them points for location, rooms were right near the beach, but restaurent was overpriced and not good.

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Mansfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Some of the bungalows are right on the beach, some are not because of the design of all the complex's (zipper like) they are long and narrow at right angles to the beach, but never a few minutes away. Ok the staff never seem to smile, but would you if you worked 15-20 hours every day, but if you take the time like we did you will find them a happy pleasent bunch, they are not from Thialand but Lao which means they are very friendly people, we had many a conversation, the boys even showed me were they live in Lao,
, the girl is an excellent cook. We stayed in a fan room with cold shower, basic but manageable. (we have had far worse on this trip). If you want luxury they have those rooms as well. But after all you will be coming here for the beach, the sand is white powdery clean sand the sea could be better for swimming, but after all you can't have everything. Overall would I stay here again? Yes I would. Would I recommended this place? Yes I would.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank JWL53
San Francisco
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Back in 2008, my wife and I went trekking through Thailand for an entire month. Part of our trip was spent island hopping in the Gulf of Thailand. We decided on a three island stop, the first being Koh Tao, the second being Koh Pha Ngan and the third being Koh Samui. We didn't reserve any hotel on the islands ahead of time. Actually, we were deliberately looking to be spontaneous and make decisions on the fly.

The funny thing about arriving in Koh Pha Ngan by ferry is that upon landing, you get mobbed by various merchants on the island. Some are trying to sell you taxi rides, others are hawking foods & beverages, others yet are selling various trinkets and lastly there's the various people trying to get you to stay at their hotel... making all sorts of promises of paradise at their establishment. We knew all about the full moon parties on Koh Pha Ngan and similar events that the island is famous for, but decided not to stay anywhere near that part of the island. Instead we were seeking something more quiet and quaint.

We had looked in a travel book and read about a nice peaceful part of the island on a beach named Haad Yao. So we tried to explain to our non-English speaking taxi driver that we just wanted to be dropped off in that general area, where we figured we would wander along a beachfront road and choose a hotel to our liking. Our idea didn't translate well with our driver. He he ended up dropping us off at a front door to the Baan Had Yao Villa Resort. Although the Baan Had Yao Villa Resort is a nice property, we didn't really like it. For one, the rooms were not right on the beach itself. I also think they still had some construction going on at the time. Lastly, we were doing the budget travel thing and I think their prices were higher than what we were looking for. So we literally dragged our luggage through the sand on the beach and fell in love with the place next door. That's when we found the Ibiza Bungalows.

There was this one cottage on the beach, not more than a stone's throw to the actual water itself. Don't remember which cottage number it was, but it was small and charming. We decided to ask if it was available. To our surprise, it was! So we checked into the property and got a great rate for it. I think we ended up paying like $15USD per night or something like that. The room itself was tiny. But the main attraction is being able to walk 10 steps from your front door and be out on a beach. In fact, you could be laying in bed and look out to the edge of the water on the beach. The rooms had no air conditioner. Just a very small bathroom and shower. I don't think that they had hot water in these cottages at the time either. But who cares when it is so hot outside! It's really a place to rest your head at night. What we liked about it is that each unit along the beach was a free standing cottage (with no shared walls). So there was no worry about hearing your next door neighbor through the walls when trying to sleep at night.

The property was very basic. They had a small kitchen which prepared food to purchase as well as a bar. They have picnic tables outside on their property which allows you to eat your food in the nice fresh air. They had these very aggressive black birds that would try to steal the food off of your place when eating outside. We had never seen anything like them before. They were relentless yet funny and memorable. The food was ok. They did make this really nice rice porridge with chicken for breakfast which was absolutely outstanding. They would put these dried garlic flakes on them. That with a nice tea (or a Singh Ha) was a great way to start the day.

This is not a resort type property. It's very down to earth and basic. We spent much of our time enjoying drinks while relaxing and unwinding on the beach. But we also felt inspired to get away from the property if we wanted to experience any adventure. One thing we really liked about this place was that they had a small fleet of motoscooters which could be rented fairly inexpensively. This was great as Haad Yao beach is really away from it all. We rented their scooters a couple of times and went out on some treks around the island. The scooters were in good mechanical shape.

Haad Yao beach is fairly long. The beach was amazing. Nice white sand, and very few people on it. During the day, there were no hawkers selling useless junk you didn't need. That's always a blessing when trying to enjoy some nice down time on the beach. The beach was studded with several small hotel properties from one end to the other. Many of the hotels along the beach had dining tables setup on the sand, that were lit up at night with torches. We had dinner at a couple of these places which served fresh fish. It was quite nice. At the north end of the beach is probably what you would call the tiny center to the Haad Yao "town" if you could even call it that. It was really just an intersection of streets with a couple of stores where you could buy miscellaneous things. We picked up some suntan lotion there and a handful of sky rocket fireworks which were legal to shoot up into the sky at night.

At the south end of the beach were a couple of nice bars. One was the Eagle Pub, which is literally right on the sand itself. It had some nice seating and incredible view down the beach at night time. A little further north at the absolute end of the beach was this curious stairwell that led up the face of a cliff. The bottom of the stairwell was washed out by the waves of the ocean when we were there. But if you wait between waves, you could run over to the stairs and climb up them. At the top of the stairs is the Haad Yao High Life Bungalows resort, which had a very picturesque bar right at the top of the stairs overlooking Haad Yao Beach on a cliffside. We spent a few hours chilling out at that bar and loving the view.

All in all, we had a very good time at Haad Yao Beach. We were in Thailand for an entire month and trying to stretch our budget out as far as it could go. I wouldn't say that the Ibiza Bungalows is the best property. However, it is a great value for what you pay for, if all you want is a very basic room on the beach. We preferred to spend our time away from the room and our money on nice meals, going out at night and having interesting daytime adventures. And for that, Ibiza serves a great purpose. If we were looking for a budget property on Haad Yao beach, we would probably stay there again.

Room Tip: Pick the cottage closest to the beach on the southern end of their property
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank mlandof
Ruckersdorf, Germany
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Last year I was travelling alone for four weeks in Thailand. And I was also sleeping in a bungalow at the "Ibiza- Bungalows". The old woman at the reception was very friendly and helpful. She gave me her motorbike because the others were already borrowed.

Well, this year I was around with two friends and I thougt: Lets go to the friendly Ibiza Bungalows... failed!!!!!

The old women was not there anymore... the stuff was so unfriendly, unbelievable!!!
They wanted to give us the bungalow more expensive than they said on the telephone...they wanted a lot of money for hot water...the food was very bad...the extra bed costs 100 bat for one night. The extra bed has been three blankets....and so on!!!

If you want to have a nice holyday in Thailand dont go there! There are plenty of bungalows, so take another!

Have a nice trip and take care!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends