“Cockroaches everywhere !!!”

Seagate Beach Resort
Ranked #49 of 91 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed at seagate for 4 nights and are very happy that we have left that place now. Our bungalow was very small for three bads. They didn't clean anything while we were staying there. But the Worst thing was that there are tons of cockroaches underneath the mattresses . We could even see them walking over our pillows ! Horrible ! I couldn't sleep there anymore and stayed awake the entire night.
The only good thing was the beach bar . The service of the owners wife was very poor.
We would never stay here again. Look for another resort!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Travellerace

Reviewed 11 September 2013

The staff is super friendly and the bungalows where nice and clean. We had some great nights here, if I would ever go back to Thailand I would definitly go back to this place.
The bar at the beach was really nice and thanks to Otto for the great nights over there! I miss this place already!

Mike & Nasera

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights (the days AFTER the fullmoon party), the rooms are nice and clean, the beach is close (not the best beach in south Thailand) and near it there is nice and calm bar. The food is good and the prices are fair.
But the best thing about this place are the people who work in it, great and caring, will help you with anything (including discover the night life in the area ;)).
So you just have to try it :)

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 9 July 2013

You see, i'm not searching for the fanciest hotel and staff in suits and gloves, im looking for a quiet, small paradise on the beach. I found that at Seagate. I spent ten perfect days here. They will happily arrange services such as cheap taxis to the parties and motorbike rentals for 200 baht a day which makes everything really easy. The food is affordable and was surprisingly really good quality for price which was great for me, the muesli in the morning with dried coconut shavings scraped out by mannys wife and tropical fruit was a daily pleasure. The owners and staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Thank you to pee aon, pee aod and manny for helping me even when i made the silly mistake of losing my credit card which they helped me locate. The place really has a nice atmosphere and family vibe. Many hammocks strung from coconut trees make for beautifully lazy days. The bar is a reason to stay here on its own, a small open aired building which houses the charasmatic Otto. I spent hours and hours chilling on the deck with a couple of pillows staring out at the ocean drinking coffee, listening to my music which Otto graciously input through the sound system. I miss the seagate staff, especially manny who was a real help to me through some good chats :) i highly recommend Seagate and hope if you do choose to stay to take the time to open up and become a temporary family member

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Excellent service. Many thanks to Manny Mos, Otto and all the staff. Good location (close to the pier) and on the beach and you can rent a motorcycle for 200 baht per day to discover the island. Great bar also on the beach. I had a good time here and I would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 24 June 2013

My girlfriend and I have spent a week here and we really recommend this place to anyone, good value for the money and high level of customer service.the Staff were always please to help us in any thing we needed, they provide many services like the taxi to go partying, excellent food in the restaurant and awesome atmosphere at the bar, the location y about 5-10 min walking from the main village. Bungalows are very clean and comfortable.
Nice place to spend some time whether you looking for party or relaxing.
The speak many different languages.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

Unlike many of the other reviews for this place, we had the good fortune to stay here after the new management took over in early June, and we can highly recommend it.

Under the new management of Manny, you can expect impeccable, friendly service from the moment you arrive. The food is good (try the fruit shakes and Tom Yum noodle soup!), but it's also only a short 5/10 minute stroll to the food markets of Thongsala. Being on the middle of the west coast, it's also ideally located to explore the rest of the island by moped (Hat Rin - 15 mins by moped, Hat Salad - 20 mins).

The cabanas are basic and could do with a bit more decoration inside, but for 300 baht (for a room with a fan & bathroom) it's a bargain. If you want luxury, don't stay here because it's not luxury - but it is good value if you want to keep things on the cheap side.

Yes, it's not situated on the best beach on the island, but, like I said, the rest of the island is easily accessible.

• Stayed: June 2013