“Exceeded my expectations”

Lime n Soda Beach Front Resort
Ranked #21 of 137 Ko Pha Ngan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 January 2013

We stayed in the Lime and Soda Resort during the full moon and new years eve party. After reading various reviews about this resort on trip advisor i was a bit hesitant to book here however the resort certainly exceeded my expectations. It was a little pricey however we did book during new years however that was to be expected. The rooms were basic however were very tidy and cleaned daily. The resort facilities were great, the pool was always clean from what i saw and they also have pool and ping pong tables available for guests which was nice as it rained a couple of times while we were there.The service from the staff was excellent, i can not fault them. They were all really pleasant and helpful and mostly spoke good english considering it is their second language. The Restaurant at the resort was also very good, decent food at a decent price. I would recommend this resort.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 January 2013

I stayed in the cheapest available room (just over 1000bht) it was clean and had adequate space. The bathroom wasn't the nicest. There are other places on the island that offer better value for money.

The staff were as always in Thailand lovely but very slow at times. Food and drink prices a little high but the quality of the food was great so didn't mind paying for that. A can of drink is more expensive than in my home country though which I found strange.

The swimming pool is lovely.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 January 2013

We stayed in the cheapest bungalow, which was clean and more than adequate. The food at the restaurant was really good. Some of the shakes had too much ice, but all the other foods we tried were excellent, prob the best Tom Yum and Green Curry we had on the trip! The location is great, close to the pier and the Thong Sala Night Market, where the food is also really good and cheap. The staff was nice, but they didn't really do anything extra for you. The beachfront and the pool area is really nice too. The only minus comes from the terrible music at the bar, Gangam style on repeat...We stayed there during the Half Moon party and they had free body paint down at the bar and we met a lot of others going to the party too!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 January 2013 via mobile

I loved this place overall. We upgraded to a superior which was much nicer and more than adequate. The bathrooms would benefit from a little work tho. The guy at reception was fantastic throughout. Most of the staff were great too. The managers were brilliant. However, The food and drink Is overpriced. I would def stay here again if in area. My only issue was the odd bit of poor hygiene at the bar. In preparing a drink for a guest the waiter poured out two flies along with the drink. To my horror he used his finger to remove the dead flies and served the drink anyway to the guest!I didn't wish to embarrass the other fantastic staff so didn't complain. Recommend Maybe just order cans or bottles from the bar. The restaurant was great. Overall superb still but they need to be mindful of staff training on hygiene.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 28 December 2012 via mobile

Its a good and relax place but we had some problem with 2 staff member. The cashier/waitress at the breakfast pn 17th december made a mistake with my order and said that she doesnt care, that is my problem and if I want what I ask I have to order again and paid again because as she said she will not paid for me. It was her mistake and she was so rude, I never saw this in any place before. I ask for her name and she refused to give me. All the others girls at the restaurant was friendly, smiley and come to apologize for this rude girl! But after that I had my breakfast in another place. The other thing is we ask twice if we can stay more nights in a same kind of room. And two times the boy at the reception in the afternoon said " sorry we are fully book tomorrow, you can stay in a superior room only" obviously more expensive. We saw on the computer that the room was available for 3 more nights but it said no anyway. So I had to book again trought booking.com and have the same room and no need to change. I think he just tried to sell me something more expensive and that the girl at the reception in the morning confirm me!! Also when you ask for clean the room you need to know that clean means for them make the bed only.
Its a very good place but we will not recommended and never come back because of the staff.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Mochillaquechua
Reviewed 26 December 2012

I stayed here in a budget room which was still x10 better than most places I've stayed over the 9 months I've been on the go! I thought this place was a real gem to be honest!

The rooms are nice and very clean and they will even clean you're room everyday if you ask them to! It felt like I was actually on holiday during my stay and not on my travels!

The location is fine and the staff are friendly!

The pool is great and it has a bar and restaurant which is a little steep price wise (to be fair this is probably my only negative) but I guess I should expect that from a resort! It is also on the beach and seating overlooking a great sunset if you're lucky!

You can hire moto's for £3 per day which is great also!

All in all value wise I think this place is great and even if I was here for a week or two I'd be buzzing (sorry I have written this as a traveller and not a holiday maker) but either would be happy here!

No complaints and I would recommend in a heartbeat!!!

Little tip for people staying here... If you are doing the full/half moon parties get a taxi from the guy across the road out front at the moto shop! He offers it up at half the cost of the hotel! He's very friendly also!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank John M
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Unfortunately we fell victim to the infamous Took-Took scams and were ripped off by a Travel Agent in Bangkok who tried to send us to some appalling bungalows, we found Lime and Soda of our own accord. Paid 600 Bt a night for an Air Con room. Fantastic views, nice food, very friendly staff, clean and helpful. Made our trip worthwhile and would definitely recommend to anyone visiting Koh Phangan. Do not expect 5* facilities but it is definitely worth the money. Barman Joe was great fun!

Room Tip: Make sure you barter with the room price and use external taxis and the Lime & Soda taxi can be...