“Go deluxe!”

Nice Sea Resort
Ranked #2 of 132 Ko Pha Ngan B&B and Inns
“Go deluxe!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights of our trip, it is located on a quiet beach about 30mins drive from the port. Mr Nice was so helpful during our stay & catered to all our needs. The beach hut itself was small, almost like a shed on stilts. If I was to stay again I would pay extra for deluxe as our hut was very basic with two beds, a toilet & shower. We could barely stand straight in the hut. There was a fan in the room but it wasn't enough really, although we did stay here at the hottest month of the year. We hired a scooter to see the rest of the island as there is so much to see & taxis are expensive in comparison to renting a scooter for the day. All in all we would defiantly stay again, but upgrade to a bigger hut.

• Stayed April 2014

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Nice, the owner of this place is a really good host. Without him, it wouldn't be nice at all. Oh and the Shakes are very good. But unfortunaltely, this is basically it.

This resort is far too overpriced for what you get. Especially the seaview bungalows. On our 4 week stay in Thailand we stayed at around 8 different resort which were all cheaper and much better and more comfortable. Inside the bungalow you feel like in a prison, as there is not much privacy due to many windows to all sides and the bungalows are very close to each other. If you don't want to get observed by your neighboors you need to close the curtains all the time. The bathroom of the Deluxe Bungalows are very basic, very damp and full of mold which stinks. Which is even more disgusting is that you have to use a very ugly orange blanket. We wondered if it get washed regularly. Why can't they get an ordinary cotton blanket like everywhere else? Based on the rather expensive price of the bungalows they should have a much better interiour quality at all. Another very disappointing fact is that the included breakfast is just a joke. The portions are very small: e.g. The Continental breakfast is: 3 slides of toast with one small package of Butter and jam, one glas of orange juice and one cup of coffee or tea - very basic without much effort. The entrance of the resort is very ugly it looks like a messy working shed. Actually you just want to turn around and go somewhere else. We really can't understand why there are so many good reviews of this place??

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

After reading reviews on trip advisor we decided to book for our 2 week holiday here .
The reviews promised so much , however the property delivered so little .
First impressions of the property are not good as you approach over a bridge to be confronted by what appears to be a dilapidated workshop, make your way carefully around the wired dog compound past the outdoor shrine situated in front of the rubbish dump , and you find a row of neat bungalows.
The bungalow we had booked promised to be right on the beach and the plan confirmed as much, what the plan omitted to mention was the massage hut right next door ,
The bungalow was clean but cramped with very little storage , and 3 coathangers for 2 people why bother?
The beds were extremely hard and the pillows made of a material so unforgiving as to make a decent nights sleep impossible. The quilt type affair provided to sleep under was of the type your grandmother may have had on top of her bed , it was unhygenic and a single white sheet would have been preferred.
After 27hrs of travel however we would have cheerfully slept on a razor blade .
The following morning we awoke to a marvellous view, the beach is indeed pristine. We looked forward to our inclusive breakfast but were sadly disappointed. The setting of bamboo chairs nestled under the shade of trees was promising, the inclusion of cushions on these chairs may have made the experience more comfortable. The choice if one can call it that is eggs eggs eggs or fruit yoghurt and porridge. The mainly Burmese staff have little english and the cook even less idea how to cook an egg whichever way you request it you will receive it underdone or raw. Attempt to wash this down with the coffee and you will discover a taste so acrid strong and foul as to make you immediately give up caffeine forever .
After 4 days of non descript breakfasts and foul coffee I ventured to return my undercooked eggs merely stating that i could not eat them .this was a mistake of the first order as shortly afterwards I was approached by Mr Nice s not so nice mother whose customer service skills can only go someway to explaining the staffs lack of them , she proceeded to berate me for not asking the staff (who couldnt understand me anyway ) to cook my eggs properly and why i hadnt said anything earlier and when she was around everything was perfect but she couldnt always be around , for which im sure we are mercifully grateful .
So taken back by her attitude and demeanour I apologised for having the temerity to complain for fear of being ejected from her property .
The rest of the holiday we went out for breakfast . I suggest you do likewise.
A previous reviewer has said the owners wife is a tremendous cook , the owner is Mr Nice , he deserves this sobriquet, an extremely pleasant man , his mother who runs the kitchen not so , the food disgusting.
The rooms are cleaned only every 2 days , and then only if you drop your keys into the box at reception, the beach loungers are plastic, uncomfortable , no cushions provided, there is no drinks service on the beach despite a fully stocked but padlocked drinks fridge nearby .
In truth this "resort" does not offer the service one would expect from a resort, its merely a collection of bungalows run by a squabbling family with pretensions of being a resort, do not be fooled .
The price we paid was 3180 baht per night about £60 others turning up on spec were offered same accommodation for 1500 baht per night . We feel we were ripped off for booking in advance , there are clearly better establishments at this price on the island that will provide the RESORT experience .

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank alanlittlehales
Sherwood Park, Canada
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This resort is about 30 minutes from the famous Full Moon parties on a quiet beach on the west side of the island. This island requires nothing more than a scooter rental to go anywhere. The island is only about an hour to go around it. The owner's wife is a tremendous cook so eat there whenever you'd like. The bungalows with air conditioning are more comfortable, I found. There is a dive shop and a great young instructor, Storm-Lee, there to help you with your ticket/s. Beautiful sunsets everynight...also from the Amsterdam Cafe just down the road a piece. Mr. Nice and his Mother and Father made our visit simply wonderfully relaxing,,,Thank You

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Burnaby, Canada
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Not a huge place, but not a million people here either. Good little hole it the wall spot, if that's what your after. Nice beach, super chill atmosphere and fairly close to amenities.

The best part of my experience there had to be the owner Mr. Nice (no idea of his real name). He was that and more. On top of completely accommodating what I needed, he also came to my rescue when he could tell that I needed help. To make a long story short, I tipped my near-new scooter over and damaged it (beware of getting extremely ripped off over that; rent a scooter that's already dinged up a bit and make sure you take a good look around the bike with the owner for damage).

Anyway, the owner wanted more money (between $300-400 CND to fix minor damage) than I could get from my bank in one day, he had my passport and I had to leave in the morning. I ended up speaking to Mr. Nice about this and what I should do about it. Without a word, he stood up, opened his wallet and pulled out 3000BHT. He simply said "I know that you will pay me this back when you can". It was enough to get my passport back and leave for home. I paid him back before I left.

When was the last time you had service like that from a hotel or resort owner? Needless to say, that will be where I'm staying the next time I'm in that part of the world. :)

Thank you again Mr. Nice!

Room Tip: Probably want AC.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Scott B
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed 3 nights in a bungalow with A/C just a few steps from the water's edge. Location was perfect, right on a beautiful white sandy beach and a short walk to various restaurants and amenities.

Accommodation is basic and facilities are at a minimum (as you can imagine from the price), but the place has a wonderful peaceful quality about it and was just what we needed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We booked for Nice Sea Resort from 13th-20th January 2014 and because we enjoyed it so much we cancelled our trip to Koh Samui to go back to Nice Sea from 1st-5th February 2014. We had been to koh Phangan on two other occasions and stayed at different places each time but, in our view, Nice Sea is the very best on the island for accommodation and value for money.
On arriving at Nice Sea we had to walk over a small wooden bridge and once over that the view was magical....the wooden and concrete bungalows on stilts on either side of the white sand which led to the most wonderful beach.
A family run resort by Nice (who is a most lovely and amiable person) and his mother Nit, (who does all the excellent cooking), service, facilities and such warm friendliness were what our welcome was all about.
We had a basic bamboo bungalow, ideal for our needs and such good value. Inside was a double and single bed on a shelf which was a little high for me but I did manage it....call it part of the experience. The fan was sufficient and I loved the hammocks on the patio...yes 2 of them.
The other accommodation was made up of air-con concrete bungalows, deluxe and grand deluxe.
The resort supplied water, sunbeds, beach towels, alternate day cleaning and excellent service from the staff.
Set in a good location there are other bars and restaurants within walking distance. You must try Srithanu Kitchen as well as Nice Sea restaurant.
We had the most wonderful time at Nice Sea and we were both so very sad to leave but we will definitely be going back to visit again and would recommend the resort to others.

Room Tip: All bungalows have sea view
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple