Chantaramas Resort & Spa
US$88
US$71
Agoda.com
Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan(Ko Pha Ngan)
US$180
US$109
Agoda.com
Sunset Cove Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
US$48
US$44
  • Breakfast included
US$277
US$197
US$375
Maehaad Bay Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
US$100
US$91
Trip.com
Sunset Hill Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
US$66
US$63
Havana Beach Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
US$81
US$66
US$257
US$153
Travelocity
US$48
US$44
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmoon deckhaad rinoutdoor showerpool barfull moon partyjacuzzi roomhotel taxisupreme deluxeprivate pool villaplenty of sunbedsbig bathroomshort drivehotel is beautifulshuttle servicehotel guestsstayed here for nightssea view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Chantaramas is situated on a lovely property and rooms were well appointed. Upon arriving at Chantaramas in early February, there seemed to be some confusion relating to our date of stay and payment arrangements. Having booked with booking.com we had not pre-payed accommodation and were asked to pay at time of check in (in our experience common in Thailand). After showing the receptionist our paper work and paying (approx $250 AUD per night), we were directed to our room and helped with luggage. The supreme deluxe rooms have a large bath, indoor and outdoor shower. The pool area with bar was great. The beach area was shallow, however appeared clean enough. Rooms were kept clean, however pool towels were not always changed. Chantaramas advertised a boutique and library on their website, neither were present. The area around the spa was incomplete, however we did not use this facility so cannot comment on whether it was available. The hotel restaurant served tasty food, however this comes at a price compared to Thailand standards. There are nearby restaurants at other hotels, however we didn’t risk walking along the hilly and bendy road as there were some crazy drivers!

At the time of researching, some websites had advertised the location of Chantaramas as Had Rin, however it is about 10 minutes from Had Rin. There are plenty of transport options to get into Had Rin. The hotel offers a service or cheap transport- tuk tuks and songthaews are available on the main road just up the driveway.

At time of check out, we were informed for the first time we had stayed an additional night. I once again showed the receptionist the paperwork, receipt and told her we had booked (and payed) for the three nights we stayed. The receptionist’s English was not very good, so we spoke to other staff members. We assured everything was okay and were able to check out and paid for the driver to take us to had rin. When we returned home and checked our bank accounts, i realised i had been double charged as the staff at Chantaramas had charged my credit card for the entire stay again! I emailed booking.com who dealt with the double charges promptly. Chantaramas were slow to respond and i was initially informed it would take a month for them to process the refund, however received it sooner.

Based on this experience and given the cost of the accommodation, i would not stay here again.If you are going to Koh Phangan for the full moon party, i would consider a cheaper option as you will not likely spend much time in the room.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lani4
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I stayed here with my cousin during the October full moon party. (We are two guys)

First of all the positives:

-More or less a private beach
-Newly built
-Veeery nice architecture and pretty rooms

Now comes the part, why I still wouldn't recommend staying here:

We are two guys (friends) and had especially booked a room with twin beds. I even called to confirm that we'd be getting twin beds. When we got there, they took us after a long wait to our room - surprise, surprise - with a king bed. Instead of apologizing much, they tried to argue in the beginning that we hadn't booked twin beds. Only after I insisted that we'd like to talk to the manager, we could talk to her. After much arguing, they did upgrade our room and one had to sleep on a king size bed while the other got a small, really uncomfortable matteres.

There were a lot of bad details, like the average breakfast (compared to other hotels in Thailand, the breakfast was bad), the very expensive restaurant that serves small portions that have an average taste. Sometimes the restaurant even ran out of food or would take 2hours to make a sandwich - we decided to go to the big village Haad Rin instead.

The hotel is also 10minutes away from Haad Rin, which gets very annoying if you wanna go out at night.

This is could be a great hotel for couples looking for a romantic stay, but with bad management, they can't claim to be luxurious - especially not for their rates (compared to other hotels on the island).

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank LeonTLV
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I was traveling with my partner for our once a year holiday and decided to stay at Chantaramas. I'm usually very cautious where we stay and do my research, read other reviews etc. This time I ignored the bad ones and decided to stay there anyway because the photos of the resort and rooms looked really nice.

However..
Our room stank! I thought it was just because it had been closed up and needed to air out. This wasn't the case. Every time we went out and came back it smelled really bad until we got the air con to a nice cool temperature. I also found some sizable spiders in our room which was a bit freaky because I didn't know if spiders in Thailand were poisonous!
The service for everything is really slow. Food, drinks, reception inquiries. And the western cuisine there is disgusting as well as the breakfast. I had to wait such a long time for drinks that when they said they'd bring it over to where I was I had forgotten I'd even ordered them by the time they got there!
I got some laundry done which they wouldn't pick up from our room, I had to take it to reception.Who wants to walk across a resort with dirty clothes for everyone to see! Luckily we had a spare plastic bag to put it on as they didn't provide one. The next day we discovered they had "lost" some of my clothes, so I had to waste my time sorting that out too. They were recovered the morning we were leaving but it's still not acceptable. For the amount of money we paid and only for a standard room, this place is awful.
It's unfortunate because the actual resort is really beautiful, but terribly managed. I would not recommend staying here to anyone. LISTEN TO THE BAD REVIEWS. It also seems that some of the good ones with "5 stars" are written by the people who own/manage it.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend staying here at all.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sh157
Reviewed 16 October 2011

We are currently traveling around Asia and decided we would go to the recent full moon party and wanted to stay somewhere a little out of town to keep away from the crowds. The resort is beautiful new and fresh. On arrival we were greeted swiftly and this was a positive start but was the end of the service.

We spent 3 nights and a lot of money to stay at Chantaramas, over $750US. The room was nice and big but there was a strange smell, rotting something. We spent time by the pool trying to drink and have fun but it would take about 25 minutes to receive a warm beer. It was as tho they did not really care about providing a relaxing experience and only cared about taking your money. When you order ice to chill your warm beer expect to pay for that ice.

When we ate dinner at the moon deck the western food was none the less crap and took 1 hour to get to us. The first night i didnt even receive my meal i had to ask them 2 times where it was.

The beach in front of the resort is covered in rubbish. There are storm water drains which make the water brown.

When we were leaving we mentioned that we were not happy with the service from our dinner last night and over all the service in general was unacceptable for the money we paid. The manager offered us an offensive 20 percent off our meal which was $5US. I work for a ski resort and run over 100 properties and i know that if someone complains you can give them more than $5US off their bill.

Over all shocking food, shocking service, shocking manager, shocking stay for a shocking
price.

Room Tip: look elsewhere
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank smp17
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We decided to stay at Chantaramas for 2 nights during Full Moon because we wanted a bit better facilities than just basic bungalow. Also almost all hotels near Haad Rin was already booked 1,5 months before this period.

Rooms are big, clean and cosy. The sea view from the superior deluxe room is amazing! Location is ok if you are looking for more laid back Full Moon experience. But if you want party 24/7, don't stay here - there is a 10 minutes taxi drive to Haad Rin for 100 Baht per person.

Food at the restaurant is good but the breakfast is awful!! There is just couple of options to choose and they'll bring a set (which is rather poor), just some dry toast or whatever.

The beach in front of the hotel is pretty but not so swimmable. The pool bar wasn't open during our stay.

All n all, ok resort but definitely not luxury.

• Stayed: September 2011