“Basic bungalow in beautiful surroundings”
Review of My Way Bungalows

My Way Bungalows
Reviewed 26 May 2014

When we arrived at my way bungalows we had made a mistake and reserved a fan room. We quickly asked to have an air conditioned room and were given the keys to bungalow 1. We were early but we're able to check in there and then. The bungalow was small but had everything you needed; running water, a comfortable bed and air conditioning. The bungalows are located in absolute idyllic surroundings we couldn't believe it when we got there. The staff are very accommodating; on the second night we were asked to move into the fan room we had originally booked as bungalow 1 was booked by someone else (nb rooms with fans are hot! Unbearably so.) when we could no longer bear the heat we asked if there were any more air conditioned bungalows available and number 1 was so we moved back into there for our final nights. they only charged us 100baht for changing rooms as well which was a nice bonus. Overall really impressed with this place, it's a little way out but perfect for a get away and easy to get further into a busier part by motorbike which are rentable there. We were also given a ride to the pier by the owner who was lovely and very attentive.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Salls21
There are newer reviews for My Way Bungalows

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

This place is great! I needed a nice quiet place to recover from an illness and I got everything I needed here. A quiet comfortable bungalow, a fantastic relaxing hammock, a nice comfy delicious restaurant and really lovely, friendly staff who make it a delight to stay here. All in the setting of a beautiful tropical paradise. What more could you need?

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

This review is about the My Way beach Bar/Restaurant. Not the accommodation since i haven't slept there.

My Way is in my opinion the best and nicest place to both eat and relax on Had Salad beach.
I've tried nearly all the beach restaurants and first and foremost, they are the cheapest.
Second, their vibe is simple the most authentic and relaxing.
The reason i am writing this review however, is because of this really awesome thing they surprised me with, the second time i went there during the day to get a shake and a bite to eat. When i sat down, one of the waiters came up to use with a plastic bag containing 750 baht.
Apparently, the night before when i paid with a 1000 baht note, me and my girlfriend got up and apparently left before pur change was brought to us. I had genuinely totally forgotten this, even as i went back the next day. So the fact that they kept it for us, and remembered our faces. Really surprised us. I'm traveling on a shoestring, and 750 baht goes a long with me.
We went there only once before, and we didn't stay at their resort.
So i think this was a really cool thing of them to do
Thanks guys!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed for a wonderful week at My Way Bungalows. We only intended to stay for 2-3 days, but ended up staying for a week because we loved it so much.

Great staff throughout resort, all did their best to help. We stayed in a fan bungalow, which was perfectly adequate even in the heat. We rented a scooter from My Way, the team were happy to point us in the right direction for a man to pump our tyre up a bit.

Fantastic porridge for breakfast, unfortunately the lunch/dinner options weren't quite as great, however, we found a great place in the next bay along called Pims.

Salad beach was a beautiful, relaxing spot, on an island with a party reputation!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jen R
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have been there now many times, and it´s always a very good decision to go there. The bungalows are very clean and cheap. It´s runed bya very helpfull, friendly german Women named Bettina. You can book tickets there or if you just need a tip, she´ll always has an open ear for you.
The kitchen is very good, and actually you don´t have to leaf this place, if you don´t have to. :-)
The beach is nice and clean.
Another good thing about this place is Manni. He is a german fellar who make the best BBQ. Every day fresh fish and seafod. And if you have a problem or something has to be fixed, he will makeit. Even if you need a transport to one of the early ferrys, we´ll drive you. Thanks for this Manni :-).
Go there and explore the island from that beautiful beach.

Greetings V. Germany

Room Tip: The room in the back are very quiet!!! :-)
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank VolkerRacho
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We booked for 3 nights, and stayed for 12. Right on a beautiful beach, very relaxed atmosphere, clean rooms with a hammock out the front, great service from Bettina and Manny and their crew, good fresh food. Bettina calmly did all our future bookings, and nothing was too much trouble. We wanted a quiet, relaxed place where we could swim any time, eat good food, play the guitar, (50 Baht was a bonus!) read quietly or have a massage, and we found it at My Way. Island time at its best. Thankyou My Way! We will be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2014

we stayed further along the beach but ended up eating here a lot. food was fresh, fragrant... authentic.... reasonably priced. great location. relaxed atmosphere.
only downside was the constant smell of the paraffin lights.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple