“couldn't pay me to stay here again”
Review of Rin Beach Resort

Rin Beach Resort
Ranked #99 of 137 Ko Pha Ngan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Where do I begin.... My friend and I booked this long before we departed for our 10 week trip in south east asia because we knew how difficult it would be to find accommodation for the full moon party. This place had a 5 night minimum stay and we were placed in a room across the street from the main area of the resort and the pool in what seemed like a ghetto. The owner of the resort was kind of rude to us upon arrival, the room was really dirty with hair and nail clippings scattered around the sink, there weren't any dressers or a closet for your clothes or belongings, the wifi didn't work at all in our room, there was no tv and there was only 1 chair on the balcony (all others had 2). It was also extremely loud at night because of music blasting on the street. The food served from the resort restaurant was hit or miss. Some of the food I had was pretty good but my friend ordered a 'tomato salad' and it was literally slices of raw, plain tomatoes. It was approximately a 15-20 minute walk to the beach for the full moon party or a 3 minute walk to the pier for a water taxi.

Room Tip: it might be worth it to pay a bit extra and book a waterfront bungalow or one closer to the pool
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Christina C

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Was very shocked when my friend and I arrived to "Rin Beach Resort" only to be directed across the street to shabby looking rooms above stores. The actual resort is really nice with a great pool / pool bar and restaurant / nice looking bungalows but this is not where we got to stay.
Our room was obviously just meant for kids who want to party and wasn't even clean when we arrived (hair and nail clippings…).
Good location for the full moon party, probably a 15-20 minute walk to the beach party but there isn't much of a local beach near the hotel. Either need to walk to the full moon beach or take a boat taxi to another beach.
Staff wasn't very friendly but nothing too bad. The hotel has a shop in the main area where I bought a few noodle cups.
We were there over the week of the full moon party and the street outside the hotel was very noisy with music blasting from street vendors although the whole island may be loud around the time of the party.
Had to walk over to the pool area for wifi as the room did not have wifi despite what the manager told us.

Room Tip: Make sure you are in the actual resort and not across the street…...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elizabeth H
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

If you like to party but also like to be able to remove your self from the madness then Rin beach resort is a real winner. 5 min walk to the main beach.

The main area of the grounds are beautiful and very well kept with an enormous pool, that looks straight over at the ocean.

I gather there are quite a variety of different rooms here. As we were only staying 2 nights we opted for cheap and cheerful. As per expected the room was quite dated but sufficient for our needs. The price was so so in comparison around $70 New Zealand dollars for 2 nights.

The staff were really helpful and friendly especially the guys around the pool whom promptly returned my iPhone to me after leaving it by the pool. Although watch out for the miserable older lady at the front desk... Who wasn't so welcoming upon out arrival.

I really enjoyed my stay here.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed in an economy room for the duration of the full moon party rush. The room was immaculate but without any real personality. The pool was nice for an afternoon cool down although they do not have enough mats to cover all the wooded chairs. I would advise paying in advance as I saw another group of travellers getting attitude at the reception for booking and waiting to pay. The receptionist (who I belief is also the owner) was quite rude. When we went to check out we sat there for a good 5 minutes while she ignored us and picked her teeth. The location was nice, a short walk to the party beach. Overall I would probably not stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here over new year so paid well over the odds, if you are on the island to party, location is excellent. 5 minutes walk from the main party beach but quiet enough to sleep. That is until the rooster starts. This was a complaint among many people here. It goes all day all night. If you are in the standard rooms, not the bungalows invest in ear plugs. It is horrendous. I has an influx of ants, they gave me spray but never once cleaned my room while I was there. In the end I gave up and looked forward to leaving. The woman at the front desk, speaks English but only when it suits her, she chews disgusting pink tobacco while talking to you which makes you want to run away. The best part of the hotel is the young guy who greets you from the boat, very pleasant and helpful and should be the manager of this hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

In december they threatened our friends cause they wanted a refund. Its real. They made a signal like a gun.

Bed bugs in my room, I can count at least 40 bites.

Water in the bathroom doesnt work for some hours every day.

Wifi works just sometimes and only in the pool area.

Besides my friends been threaten, the staff was rude since the moment we arrived, specially the manager, she gave us Orders.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank vitormo
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed in this "resort" a year ago with my girlfriend and best friend. We communicated clearly that we only wanted to stay for 2 nights and move on. After the second night had passed and we wanted to check out they claimed that we had booked for 7 days and that we had to pay for 5 additional days.

When we refused to do this they refused to give our deposit back, whilst arguing one of the employees hit my girlfriend in the face with a stick, there literally was blood coming out of her eye. Within another minute 20 more people were standing around us and beating into us with sticks, stones and fists. Whatever you do, do not go here.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple