Beach Resort Hacienda
Buri Rasa Koh Phangan(Ko Pha Ngan)
US$161
US$153
Agoda.com
Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan(Ko Pha Ngan)
US$179
US$109
US$48
US$44
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Palita Lodge(Ko Pha Ngan)
US$58
US$53
Agoda.com
Sunset Cove Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
US$48
US$62
US$257
US$151
Hotels.com
All reviewspool barfull moonkoh phangangreat poolfood marketgreat resortrecommend staying herehot showerchillvibejungle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I'm quite shocked at the number of bad reviews I've seen on this place. I spent 5 nights in a bungalow there and thought my stay was very good value for money. The staff in the diner and the pool bar made me feel welcome and always seemed interested in keeping me happy and comfortable. I never saw a member of staff without a smile on their face.

The beach is a little rockier than I expected, but that's what the Ban Tai beach is like. The islands not exactly huge, you can get to a softer-sand beach within 20 minutes. It's still perfectly passable for catching some sun and meeting other residents, plus the pool is right there and the perfect temperature for cooling down if the sun starts to get to you. Nice and deep the pool is too, and I discovered why when I looked down to see people practicing in their scuba diving gear at the bottom of the deep end.

I took advantage of the scuba diving instructors that are within the same facilities and for a first time diver: I was incredibly happy with how light-hearted and friendly the instructors were above ground and the consummate professionals they became when it got down to business. I felt safe the entire time even though I've never done anything remotely like it before. The day before going out to Sail Rock to dive, the instructors ran through the equipment with me and taught me everything I really needed to know to do a one-day dive. If I'd had more time on the island I would've done the three-day course to go diving alone because it was that much fun.

The only thing I can really complain about is the fact that none of the cues for the pool table had tips, though it became a bit of a running trend during my travels through Thailand that I couldn't find a pool table without at least one glaring fault; I can't say they're alone with that heavy burden.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
David D, Guest Relations Manager at Beach Resort Hacienda, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Hi Phil,
Thanks for a great review.. We love it when solo travellers like you come to the island and just accept it for all that it is and simply " go with the flow ".Your praise makes all the hard work and team effort worth it.
The Diving crew certainly appreciates the kind words and your honest opinions.
Come back anytime and your first beer at the pool bar is on me.
Thanks again.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

We booked this in Bangkok through a travel agent on limited budget without reading any of the reviews before hand and were very worried when we started to read the reviews about what was going to be in store for us..so our expectations going there were low but pleasantly surprised with what we got.. We booked a poolside air conditioned room.. Great location on the beach.(Admittedly this side of island water not very deep) pool was great as was the poolside bar which was our next stop to celebrate a sigh of relief as well as soak in the surroundings... 10 minute walk to town where there is a great little night market.. Room was basic, but clean with air conditioning and cleaned every day and had tv and was what we had paid for!! .Had breakfast there every morning and loved the massaman curry!!! One really great selling point is the staff!! Friendly, fun and most of all really helpful. Went out of their way to fetch some ointment to help heal ankle sprain . Place can be as lively or as relaxing as you want..we opted for relax but enjoyed the buzz around the place.. over all place gets a thumbs up !!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Caroline,
Thank you very much for such a wonderful and positive review. All the team are very grateful for you taking a little bit of time to show your appreciation of all our hard work.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

It wasn't the best place I've stayed in Thailand, but wasn't worst also. Quite good location for those coming to moon parties, close enough to Thong sala pier and center, but not good for lying in the beach and just relaxing. Pool is good and new bungalows looks atractive, but surroundings doesn't look that good. Prices are quite high comparing with rest similar quality resorts I've tried during my holiday. But the staff, especially David, are kind and helpfull.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
David D, Guest Relations Manager at Beach Resort Hacienda, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thank you NeriJa for your review and your kind words. It was a pleasure having you as our guest.
Many people come to Thailand expecting everything to be cheap, cheap, cheap and in some area's this is the case but here on these islands it is more expensive ( but worth it ).
I will pass on your comments and kind words to all the staff.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

i stay in this place for 2nights and it was already too long,

where can i start...., i choose the pool side room, and what can i say.....,the bathroom is not clean, the pool is very small, very expensif food and drink at the restaurant and pool bar the staff are not friendly,

You can see the sign everywhere that u cant bring any food and drink from outside !lol what a joke!! dont even think about drink or eat their minibars items, they are really expensif !!!! 3 time the price of any minimart around the island!!!!,

Dont book any boat ticket with them, because they will try to get a 100hundred bath commission! from the original price, go to the pier and go buy urself!,
and forget about the beach, too many rocks around.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us but feel a need to respond to your review.
Your bathroom was cleaned and inspected before check-in. You therefore may be commenting on the public bathrooms which are cleaned throughout the day or as needed. We do not have full time bathroom attendants but sincerely apologize about your discovery.
Our Infinity swimming pool is a "perfect fit" to the resort and has never been described by anyone as "small". The ocean is a mere stones throw away.
We primarily serve western food in our diner which is more expensive on the island. Had you inquired we would have directed you to our Thai restaurant on the main road or alternatives to suit your budget.
We have no problems with our guests purchasing and consuming food and drink from outside in their rooms and are more than happy to give directions to the local and cheapest shops and mini-marts. No resort here or possibly anywhere will allow guests to consume food or drinks purchased elsewhere on their common area's. Please reconsider your comments.
All resorts and most hotels provide transfer services and do receive a commission, standard business practice. You chose a forty minute round trip to the pier plus a wait to save 100 baht.
We are extreamly proud of our mini-bar featuring 39 different items carefully selected by all staff members. We frequently receive compliments about it. Your evaluation on our prices are a little over the top.
Happy travels and Good luck.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

I've never before written a review having stayed in literally hundreds of hotels, B & B's and guest houses all over the world but feel some of the other reviews are very unfair

Having read some of the other reviews on this site before getting to the Hacienda Resort, I was a little dubious about my stay. I can safely say I was pleasantly surprised. Rooms were to a fantastic standard; very clean, air conditioned and nearly everything new. The ladies on reception were very friendly and explained everything we needed to know about the stay, offered help with getting round the island and even offered diving courses. Some reviews have said about the charges for stained sheets - personally I find this a reasonable request as the sheets are a similar cost to what they charge for a room. Doesn't take an accountant to tell you it's not good business sense if everyone paying 10-20 pounds for a room but damages 20-30 pounds worth of bedding. And besides that, it was pointed out even before we left the reception.

The gent on the pool bar very friendly even taking requests for music and kept the drinks flowing. Top man.

I've tried to understand where the bad reviewers are coming from but can only think they expected a 7 star hotel for less than 20 pounds a night!

• Wifi poor - it's Thailand - everyone's wifi is poor!
• Drinks expensive - I don't think £2 for a double JD & Coke is unreasonable.
• Have to put tissue in the bin not flushed - again, it's Thailand. Most hotels here are like this.
• Bunaglows overlook the car park? What on earth do you want for 10 quid??

Personally I had a fantastic stay so don't be put off by these poor reviews. Hacienda does exactly what it says on the tin - comfortable accommodation for the traveller on a budget. We payed for an air conditioned, clean room on a tropical island - seems very reasonable to me for what you get.

Definitely would stay again 10/10

• Stayed: June 2013
David D, Guest Relations Manager at Beach Resort Hacienda, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2013

Thank you very much for this review TravellerOFALL. There are very few people who are willing to make an assessment of this type then submit it for the world to see. You are a true Gentleman.
A sincere thank you from all of the staff.