Beach Resort Hacienda
US$69
US$138
US$60
Buri Rasa Koh Phangan(Ko Pha Ngan)
US$171
Agoda.com
Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan(Ko Pha Ngan)
US$835
US$109
US$79
US$62
US$223
US$197
Neptune's Villa(Ko Pha Ngan)(Great Value!)
US$31
US$30
US$170
US$153
Agoda.com
Baan Manali Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$38
Hotels.com
Le Divine Comedie(Ko Pha Ngan)
US$47
US$46
All reviewspool barfull moonkoh phangangreat poolfood marketgreat resortrecommend staying herehot showerchillvibejungle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Beware of this hotel.
When I arrived, it took 5 minutes until I got a very unwelcome hello from the guy at the reception. He certainly does not enjoy his work. Then, they kept my passport as security (a no go!).mWhat a welcoming!
Coming to my room, there were 5 dead mosquitos on thenpillow, just disgusting! If you use thr bathroom, toilet and robinet, the water smells like pee and other disgusting flavours. To pool is been used for diving instruction (by the way, do not go to the diving center in the hotel, the dutch guy there probably never had any diving experience and was not interested in any questions I asked for).
At check out I had to pay exrra costs they never mentionned before.
To conclude - unclean, not friendly, not professional and a total ripp off. Do not go to this awful place!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Tim M
David D, Guest Relations Manager at Beach Resort Hacienda, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Tim.
After enduring some twenty hours plus travel from Switzerland,did a five minute wait at reception really cause you that much pain? Our new reception team are very courteous, friendly and always welcoming. It may have been a case of them reacting to your level of unnecessary frustration.
We do request a passport at check in for security purposes and this is standard operating procedure for most resorts on Koh Phangan.
While the probability of having five dead mosquitoes on a pillow centainly exists, the discerning reader can easily dismiss this as gross exaggeration.The rooms are cleaned, inspected and sprayed before check in which indicates that we are doing our job.One must also recognise that five dead mosquitoes are are much easier to cope with than five live ones.
With regards to the water issue; excluding the past two weeks there has been no rain since last November. All water comes from deep wells and over busy periods, supply runs thin.
Yes, the pool is sometimes used for diving instruction but there is not any Dutch person working for us. We only hire P.A.D.I Instructors and Dive Masters so your statement on this is again wrong.
In conclusion we strongly disagree with all your remarks.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

All I have to say is, the staff and people at Hacienda Resort made my experience in Thailand literally a 1000 x better. The staff are absolutely amazing, friendly, and former backpackers so they understand your position. Dangerous Dave introduced me to the resort and woke me up when i was hungover the night before. Every other staff member became really good mates rather than simply staff members.

But i have to say Mr Nathan 'Dribbles' Williams aka 'The Hacienda Experience' was the man of the resort. He turned every situation into a party, organised the most amazing trips experienced, took me to the best party destinations in Phangan and definitely was the man to be around to enjoy Koh Phangan at it's potential. Big shout to the Dribbler, Dave and the other staff members.

Shout out to the TripAdvisor CEO or feedback team, we need more of these people in other hotels all around the world. They make your holidays and stay unforgettable and crazy.

As to any other backpackers / travellers reading this review, this isn't a 5 star resort so don't expect 5 star facilities. My room was very decent for what I paid (double bed with AC, shower and TV). The food was delicious, and the pool area was absolutely crazy with a bar and live DJ every night. If you're hoping to stay in the hotel room for most of the day rather than travelling around, you're better off staying at a 5 star hotel.

This resort is more suitable for young travellers between 18 - 30. I would highly recommend any traveller visiting Koh Phangan for the first time to stay at this resort. Once you come here, you'll understand why they call Koh Phangan 'the party island'.

Cheers,

Azeem.

Room Tip: Double private room is what I got, Very decent for the price and highly recommend it. Closer to the dorm rooms where you can mingle with more people.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Azeem S

Hey Azeem,
You are the man. Thank you very, very much for a stellar review. Brutally honest and to the point, you nailed it buddy. Dribbles hit the roof after reading it. Having guests like you makes our jobs so much more enjoyable.
Cheers from the whole team.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Let's start with the good. Great location,good bed and pillows, my room had a fan/AC, TV, and mini bar. Now the poor. The first night I had two complementary bottles of water, soap and shampoo. During my 10 nights there they were never replaced. WiFi in room did not work and it was poor at best in the restaurant area. Service in the restaurant was also poor. Two different times I sat down and waited 30 minutes with not one approaching me to see if I wanted anything. They watch you come in and do nothing and that includes the management. I got up and went down the beach to eat at Coco's. But the worst thing was the 6 big speakers they place by the pool bar and BLAST techno music out of. On March 13 it played from 1pm to 1:30 am non stop. With a little service effort and control of the music this could be a nice place, but not the way they run it now.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 388Badger
David D, Guest Relations Manager at Beach Resort Hacienda, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Hello 388Badger,
Thank you for this review and your positive comments.
It is our policy that all rooms only recieve two complementary bottles of water, one soap and one bottle of shampoo but we would have been more than happy to restock these items had you requested.
We apoligise about the WiFi. Internet service here on the island can best be described as sporadic and sometimes when the resort is full we experience problems due to limited bandwidth as do other busy resorts.
Many of our guests use the restaurant to just chill out or watch a movie, a simple nod to a staff member would have resolved this minor issue.
Ninety nine percent of the people who come to this island over the full moon period are here to party. We always have a party at the resort because this is what people want. We apolagise if it was not to your taste.
Should you ever return to this amazing island we would recommend coming during the non full moon period.
Many thanks.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I just want to say this is a nice resort, good location, deluxe room was good and most of the staff were great. Stunning views aswell. Bar is OK, food is OK and overpriced. Go to Saras kitchen round the corner. Brilliant and cheap. I had a good stay here, the problems started when checking out. Arguing for ages about a mysterious blue stain that appeared on the sheets when house keeping went to check. They defiantly weren't there before. They kept saying it was paint from the parties (which we didn't go to) but they wouldn't listen. Ended up paying 1500baht to replace. And then breakfast which we had included, Suddenly wasn't included... It just seems as soon as you go to leave, a big money making scam starts to happen. Really ruined my opinion of this place.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dan V

Hello Dan,
We are sincerely sorry that you feel you were cheated out of money. The reception and house keeping staff actually dread finding stains on the bed sheets as it nearly always causes problems at check out time. All sheets are inspected before they go to laundry and before the beds are made. The staff would never, ever put a soiled sheet on a bed. When stains are discovered upon check out the house keeping staff make every possable effort to try and remove them. When the house keeping manager determines that the sheets are permenntely damaged, they are removed from stock and the room is charged.
We appoligise about the breakfast mix up, it was discivered half way through your stay that your travel agent did not book the room with breakfast.
Sincerely.

Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

My friend and i had a two bed room in the backpackers hotel across the road from the main reception and pool. The room was a decent size, clean, had an initial issue with the shower but this was fixed immediatley. The staff are excellent here, special thanks Josh, Diego, Louise, Arron, Jason and Sam who ensured we had everything we needed for our holiday, and gave advice on good places to visit. Only down sides is the beach here isnt one you can sunbathe on, but the pool is a great alternative, and its a 15-20 minute walk to the town centre, theres still some bars and resturants to visit nearby. We had a great time staying here!!

• Stayed: February 2014

Hey Rozzars,
Thanks very much for the cracking review, glad you had such a good time. All the staff members you mentioned were well chuffed to see their names here and all agreed that you were great to hang out with. Come back and see us soon.
Cheers.