Hansa Beach Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Buri Rasa Koh Phangan(Ko Pha Ngan)
US$161
US$153
Agoda.com
Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan(Ko Pha Ngan)
US$179
US$109
US$48
US$44
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Palita Lodge(Ko Pha Ngan)
US$58
US$53
Agoda.com
Sunset Cove Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
US$48
US$62
US$257
US$151
Hotels.com
All reviewsamazing place to stayfull moonkoh phanganstayed for nightshalf moon partybikevibeislandnyebaanthailandresortbeach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We spent 3 days at Hansa Resort in novembre 2012, very nice place to relax and meet people, the staff is great and what a pleasure to have breakfast in front of the beach after a big party in this friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2013

My boyfriend and I ended up staying longer than planned as Hansa and its staff are really so warm,easy to communicate with and friendly. Evenings are spent in an upmarket communal lounge, complete with large wooden dining table for guests to sit around, leather couch and hammoks. Owner Kenny (& guests) prefer it this way, as u get to meet and interact with other guests, quickly making friends, where you eventually feel like family. Great for those on long trips away from home, looking for a relaxed and warm environment. Bungalows are modest and clean, complete with aircon and beach view (&the occasional large gecko).General manager Bernie, always with a smile on his face, is eager to please with no request too large or too small. From assistance with bikes for rent(where u wont get ripped off), best price trips and recommendations to the best bars, eateries, beaches and restaurants. Hansa is always equipped with information, maps and transport to the top parties on the island, including infamous Full Moon and even better,Half Moon parties. Hansa is geared up to host some swanky events on their pristine beach in the near future. Food at the resort is a mix between traditional thai and small selection of popular western dishes, Wei their talented cook, even gave me a couple practical lessons on thai cuisine during our stay.
Love this place, have made plans to host our wedding here :)

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank jaimeleevansittert
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Hansa is a very special place. When myself and my girlfriend first arrived we felt like we were at home, and home it was for 7 days.
Hansa is positioned on its own little portion on Ban Tai beach which is central to everything on the island. Its a short taxi ride from the Full Moon party and away from the chaos.

It is a little haven with a beautiful beach , hammocks, pool and leather couch on the sand with a view of the north end of Koh Samui.

Every night we gathered round the table and shared stories like we had known everyone for years. The owners love to have a good time and enjoy the company of all the guests. They also know everything there is to know about the island and will recommend the best spots for everything from travel to bike rental. All invaluable information when its your first time to the island.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there and wouldnt stay anywhere else when visiting Koh Phangan.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We found this resort by chance and how lucky for us. The place is beautiful with an amazing view. It is situated right on the beach (think white sand and blue water). A pool overlooking the sea and a cool chill area is all within arms reach of the beach, so regardless of your mood, you will find something to do.

We stayed in a dorm room, with clean sheets, AC and even a TV (not sure who would use that, but its there) and a big bathroom area.

The people must be one of the biggest draws to this place as the workers and management are some of the nicest people I have had the pleasure to meet. It was great just relaxing and hanging out with everyone. And they were very helpful with renting a scooter, advice on where to road trip etc.

I am very happy we found this place and will sure try to go back as soon as possible.

Room Tip: We stayed in a dorm, cheap and good value for money. (the dorm had 6 beds)
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rosemarybliss
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We stayed in Hansa twice - first time in December 2008, thanks to a friend who recommended us this place, and second time in December 2010, because we could not wait to be back. It is very basic, yet everything is where you are, amazing people, beautiful surroundings, great food, massages, whatever you want.
This place can be a party or very mellow depends on the visitors' mood and season. In both cases it is always addictively gorgeous.
The owners are very friendly and will assist you with anything you need on this island. We booked in 2008 a room in Cocohut in Had Rin, (cannot say anything good about this place Cocohut). We could not wait for the availability in one of the bungalows so we could move to Hansa (even though it cost us double accommodation).
This place can suit 5 stars travelers like us or young backpackers. I think it is universal as I've seen all different ages and heard many languages there.
I always recommend this place to all of my friends.
With quite a few travel mileage under my belt and numerous 5 star hotels experience, this is my favorite place and next time I will take my kids there.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple