“basic clean rooms but dont be fooled by the photos”

Baan Tai Backpackers
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“basic clean rooms but dont be fooled by the photos”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

got to say it is what it is no thrills backpackers we were misled by some photos of a swimming pool plus gym they are not part of the backpackers they belong to a resort called hacienda resort formally known as weangthai resort which happens to be almost at the bottom of the tripadviser list
i would have marked this place higher if not for being mislead by the facility's

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cathy K
BaanTaiBackpackers, Manager at Baan Tai Backpackers, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
hi Cathy, very sorry to hear that you felt your stay was poor, if you had read our facility descriptions on either our website, hostelworld or hostelbookers you would see that we never claim to have our own pool or outdoor gym, we state from the beginning that guests have free access to our friends (landlords) resort located just behind us on the beach, as I've only been open for a few months and don't have the money to build these facilities for my guests and I feel that having access for FREE for all guests is a good compromise, sorry that you disagree with this, my focus on start up over these first few months has been to ensure my building is very clean, comfortable and safe for all travelers, as you are the first negative review and your only issues seem to be with the hacienda resort I feel that I am achieving these goals and keeping the majority of my guests happy, however I suggest in the future that you read property descriptions fully so that you will not be disappointed at other hostels/hotels in the future
kindest regards
Scott

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Stayed here for a few nights over the full moon party and it was great. The staff were very helpful in everything and the place was always so clean. Would totally recommend staying here to anyone who is in the area. Will be back without a doubt!!!

• Stayed February 2012
BaanTaiBackpackers, Manager at Baan Tai Backpackers, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
thanks so much for the great review, very happy you enjoyed your stay with us
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Myself and my friends had a great stay at Baan Tai backpackers, the location was perfect for the half moon party and is just ten minutes from Haad Rin where the full moon party is held. The hostel was really clean and spacious even at full capacity. Towels were provided for free when we arrived which was great and we also got to use the pool at the resort next door, which was an added bonus you wouldnt expect for the price your paying!!! It has a great atmosphere and is a great place to meet new people. Scott was very helpful throughout our stay and even organised games to get everyone together in the evenings. I would definately stay here again and would recommend it to anyone!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
BaanTaiBackpackers, Manager at Baan Tai Backpackers, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
cheers, glad you had such a great time on Koh Phangan
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Like the title says: Hotel standards at hostel prices!? We were shocked at the level of service and the accommodation, for the price they charge. It's a dream come true to seasoned travellers. Saving the funds, and still have a little luxury. That doesn't happen often. We will definitely be coming back and staying here again. Clean, modern and super friendly staff. This place deserves 5stars without a doubt. I can't fault the place, and I tried. lol

• Stayed March 2012
BaanTaiBackpackers, Manager at Baan Tai Backpackers, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
cheers dude, glad you enjoyed you time on the island, will be over on Koh Tao to catch you in Moov = )
Ko Phangan, Surat Thani, Thailand
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I stayed here for a few days and was very happy with the the cleanliness of the rooms and all the amenities for a very decent price. The best part of my stay was meeting Scott, a nice Canadian guy that made me feel very welcome. The location is central for going either way, towards Thongsala, or to Haad Rin. I think it is a much better option to stay in this area rather than on Haad Rin, because it is quiet and you can actually get some sleep. The Wifi worked great in the rooms, there was a TV, minifridge,and Air con in the private rooms. I did not see the dorm rooms, but I know at least they are all air conditioned. It is also very close to the Halfmoon party as well. I would recommend staying here and renting a motorbike to get around the island. Or there are tons of taxis that usually cost 100 Baht each if you have several people in the truck already to make it cheaper. This is a very new backpackers so give it a try and I bet you will be happy with your choice!

Room Tip: I thought the private rooms were nice, I rented it alone and it was about $25usd, but if you had som...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
thanks so much Melina, your review puts us up to number, thank you so much for the support, hopefully we can keep our top spot for a while = )
Koh Tao, Thailand
Reviewed 3 March 2012

This new guesthouse is excellent! Scott is very helpful and the rooms are big and clean. I normally don't stay in 'backpackers' accommodation, but I was on the island to go to the Muay Thai and this place was convenient. It well exceeded my expectations. I would strongly recommend it!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
BaanTaiBackpackers, Manager at Baan Tai Backpackers, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
thanks for the great review mate, everyone in the building had an amazing time at the fights, no so amazing hangovers tho = )
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 2 March 2012

spent my holiday with other 4friend in Baan Tai ~ great environment and great owner Scott..
nothing can said .. the perfect for my trip in koh phangan is stay at tis hostel

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
thank you so much, can't wait to see your place in Kuala Lumpur = )