V2 Seagate Hip Hotel
Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan(Ko Pha Ngan)
US$167
US$108
US$712
US$282
US$72
Hotels.com
US$161
US$114
Buri Rasa Koh Phangan(Ko Pha Ngan)
US$86
US$215
TripAdvisor
US$81
TripAdvisor
Phangan Bayshore Resort(Ban Hat Rin)(Great Value!)
All reviewscactus barhotel is perfectfull moon partystayed here for nightsplace to stayrestaurants and barshotel is locatedkoh phanganthaibeach
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Okay. We were supposed to stay at another hostel in Haad Rin however we had to get a refund after getting a shoddy tin room. It was 20th August, a night before the full moon party and we walked around and round and found this place.

We ended up paying a lot for the rooms but the rooms looks very very decent and it was right on the hotspot. Where all the music was and the bar was literally 1 minute away, same with the beach. So if you want to be at the core then stay here. But after two nights here, the music in the early morning from the bars etc felt deafening and we were just waiting to get out of the Haad Rin area on a whole.

The room was spacious, stayed in a triple room. And very well decorated as well. A/C wasn't too powerful, at times we felt we were melting in the room. And there's no room service... its very difficult to find a staff at the reception desk as they just take off and its just very weird how they run this hotel. And we literally felt like we were sleeping in sand the entire time as the rooms hardly got cleaned. Stayed 3 nights 4 days and cleaners only came once, after intense pleading.

Grateful to have found a hotel at the very last minute but if you do your planning well then I'd suggest you to look elsewhere then this place. I'm confident there are better varieties just around the corner.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We booked (and paid) this hotel in January, so 7 months upfront through Agoda. As we arrived at the hotel the manager told us the booking was no good, since they don't work with Agoda anymore. We tried to argue with the woman but she kept telling us that they stopped with agoda a year before. She could not explain why it was still possible to book (and pay) through agoda.com. She told us to call Agoda and let them sort it out. They did not have a working computer and after a lot of trying we were able to get a smartphone of our own on the internet. Afrer calling Agoda they told us that they would call the hotel. After 10 min they called back and told us the hotel didnt answer. We had to give our phone to the girl behind the reception to talk to her. This happened a couple of times since every time she got on the phone she would fight with the people at Agoda and yell and then hang up. She told us it was to complain at Agoda.com. Other guests came by and there were quite a lot that had booking reservations through other sites and were told all rooms were taken. She did however took in guests which were walking in with no reservations for much higher prices or for the same price get the ones with reservations a different room on the top floor (shared shower toilet) We have seen these rooms and they are a nightmare, about 10 rooms with average 3 people share 2 toilets/showers, at 7 pm they already were very disgusting. During full moon the entire island is full when we looked for a different hotel there were only about 10 left. Even Agoda could not find us a substitute hotel and told us to try and find one ourselfs and claim the costs on Agoda (up to 2 times the money we paid) sounds like a good solution but unfortunately the hotels left on a full moon late in the day will cost a lot more. Seagate did not offer us anything, not even a glass of water whatsoever in the 4 hours we were there trying to work things out. They called us a taxi to take us to the hotel we finally found on the north side of the island. Since we have been in Thailand we learned to ask for the price, 400 Baht per person she said, holding 4 fingers in the air and told the driver the same. So of we went to his taxi, after a long drive, he had to drop of other passengers along the way, we arrived at our new hotel. I gave the driver 800 Baht, as agreed, and he starts making trouble claiming 1000 for 2 people. By now I was really angry and I told him we made a deal at the Seagate hotel and that the manager was there to confirm. He calls the seagate hotel, talks for 30 seconds and hands over the phone to me. The same manager as before tells me now that she said 500 each. I know for sure she said 400 when we were at the seagate hotel since I confirmed it about 3 times. I am very sure she is in an the scheme since the other hotel owner where we stayed that night told us taxi rides were 200 per person and even showed a price list. I strongly advice against this hotel since they are frauds and corrupted to the bone. If you end up here being overbooked they will charge you a lot more for less or you have to find another hotel last minute which can cost a fortune. The Thai tourist police should take them down!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We arrived in ko phangan and it was getting dark very soon so we found this hotel that seemed a reasonible price, we asked to look at the rooms and yes they were pretty 'nice' rooms. Once we unpacked we realised we were still terribly sweaty and the aircon was blowing out hot air, I had just travelled from ko tao here and tried to look for somewhere for an hour in 38 degree heat so I was not in the mood, I went down to reception to find nobody there!!! I waited and waited until my partner had to go up stairs, a Thai man outside kept saying one moment and then got the lady for me who just looked at me like I was stupid when I told her RED in the face and sweat dripping onto the floor that the aircon wasn't working. She spoke to another women who then got another man to move us to the room next door, where thankfully the aircon did work. The bathroom was dirty and they were curly hairs in the sink and toilet and a used razor in the shower. The shower was cold not hot like it advertised and the extreemly LOUD music kept playing untila round 3-4am. The next morning when we went to check out there was again nobody at reception. We were sure we were meant to get breakfast but recieved nothing not even a person to hand our key too, so we left the key on the top and LEFT. Went back two days later after remebering we left important travel documents in the bedroom and special cards, the women at reception just said NO she didnt ask what room or when or made any attemp to help. Just kept looking and saying NO.

DO NOT BOOK AT THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I stayed in a room that looks exactly as the one in the photo.

The location is very close to the beach, the area where the party is, so make no plans for going to sleep early unless you can do it with the music on.

Next time I will go for one of the beach bungalows as the need for A/C is minimal there.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I booked this hotel back in April 2012 for 28th Dec - 2nd Jan 2013 when I arrived on the 28th to check in I was advised by the manageress she had sold the room I had booked which is the ones they show you on the website, however what they dont show you is the cell like rooms they then put you in when they have sold your room to someone else without any prior warning from the hotel or Sawadee,as the Island waas fully booked due to peak season I had no choice but to take this cell like room with two shared showers and toilets for at least 24 people. On the first night in this room it rained and the water poured in the roof so the room was soaked along with all of our belongings, I complained the next day and had tp practically beg to get another cell like room, again we were moved to another room two nights later the rain came again and we came home to 4 inch of water in this room and no-one at reception to complain to so we had to sleep on the floor in the hallway at reception, when the manageress did show up the next day she was so rude about having to move us again and refused point blank to sign a letter listing all of my belongings that were ruined for my travel insurance, we eventually checked out early with the promise of a full refund when I asked for this refund she again verbally abused me and said that she hated me, i was a (a word tripadvisor ont let me publish) again swearing at me just one line of abuse after another then threw 2000 baht in my face, I have witnesses and photos to prove all of the above which I will be posting on every review website I can find!! When I complained to Sawadee my booking agent they didnt want to know, never called me back as promised and were very abusive. I have been visiting KP for 15 years now and this was the worse experience of my life, stay clear of this hotel and booking agent Sawadee

Room Tip: there is no good rooms this hotel is awful
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends