“Great resort, shame about the service.”

THE BAY Resort & Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 138 Ko Pha Ngan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 December 2012

So I booked this resort as it was my Girlfriends birthday & I wanted to treat her to something special. The resort itself is beautiful, amazing private beach, nice rooms with a great view, superb food, however, the staff really let the place down.
Upon arrival we weren't informed of all the little extras that are included with your stay - we weren't told that breakfast was included, and we weren't even offered the breakfast menu on a morning (so we had been eating and paying for things off the lunch/dinner menu). It wasn't until the day we were checking out that we finally told that it was included.
We didn't know that there were free taxis twice a day to different areas of the island.
The free drinking water never appeared in the room once.
The real worry though was on our departure day when we booked a taxi (2 days in advance) for 11am so we could check into the ferry boat at 11.30. We were told not to worry the resort will provide us free transport to the pier for that time. This seemed like a nice touch until 11.10 and the transport was no where to be seen, we asked them to call a taxi for us and told them we would pay. They pretty much refused to do this....!! My girlfriend and I were very very anxious as the resorts own transport didn't even pick us up until 11.35, 5 minutes after our ferry check in time and at least at 10 minute drive away. We made it to the port in time though, very nervous and stressed - was not a good way to end our visit to Kho Phangan.

With this review though, I don't want to put anyone of visiting - I am merely writing this so Bay Lounge & Resort can read it and better themselves.

Room Tip: Ask at check-in what extras you have included:- water, taxi transfers, Half Moon Party Tickets, brea...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lee C

Reviewed 5 December 2012

This is just the best resort I've ever been at. It will be hard to find a better one..... Ever.

Perfect staff, restaurant, private beach, music....... but it's the vision behind all facilities and services that makes it an unique experience! Such a beautiful relaxation resort.

Thanks again for your contribution to my total body relaxation!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hoebz
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I stayed with my girlfriend at The Bay Lounge & Resort for my birthday vacation. It was like being in our own paradise! The service was phenomenal, the food was absolutely perfect, and the view from our bed was something out of a magazine.
I must say the buffet is a must! The location itself gives you the feeling of being far removed from the hustle and bustle. This resort is extremely safe and the staff is very professional. The atmosphere is very peaceful and stress free. There are 2 free lifts to the main areas Thongsala and Haad Rid every day.
I had an amazing time and can’t wait to go back for my second trip!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DJReLL
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We stayed at Bay Lounge as part of our honeymoon in August 2012. We stayed for 3 nights. The breakfasts are cooked to order and are lovely. The staff couldn't be more helpful. One night we ordered a taxi and because the taxi was going to be a 10 minute wait, they gave us a free drink! Don't get that in UK!

This resort is quite remote and down a very steep hill. Taxis are easy to get - they will always order one for you but they usually drop you back off at the stop of the hill. This is the only "negative" i can think of.

We both really enjoyed how friendly the staff were and how hard they worked! They are always very concerned with your welfare and for this reason we would recommend this place for any type of relaxing stop. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Beach side bungalow - literally 2 metres from the beach. stunning.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2012

A perfect getaway, a nice place to chillax; by the pool or by the bar. Very pro and friendly staff. The all you can eat Thai buffet on Saturdays is not to be missed.The rooms are very stylish and offer fantastic level of comfort and beautiful views. I say the rooms because I've been there 3 times this year already. That speaks for itself I think....
Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Marcopeaker
Reviewed 24 September 2012

The Bay lounge & Resort is a beautiful location with about 18 bungalows. My girlfriend and me stayed there for four nights and had a really nice time. If you arrive in Thongsala or Haad Rin you get a free pick up or if you leave to the piers, also if you stay there you get a free lift two times a day to the two cities mentioned above. The first is at 1 pm and the second at 8 pm.
The breakfast is excellent and delicious. You can choose between lots of different things, mark on a card what you would like or not.
The staff is incredibly friendly and lovely as the owners.
The restaurant is about 10 meters from the sea where you can take your breakfast, lunch or dinner with seafew.
We just arrived from Bangkok in Haad Rin ( travel guides say it's the most beautiful beach on the island. I didn' like Haad Rins beach because it was like Mallorca for Germans or Bali for Australians, a lot of partypeople and absolutely no nice Resorts and than we found the Bay lounge.) and wanted to have a nice and relaxed end-of-holidays time and so we did.
With it's private beach the Bay Lounge & Resort is perfect to relax. At the beach you can get a canoe, a beachvolleyball or snorkling equipment for free.
If you like snorkeling or swimming you can do both at the private beach, because about 50 meters away from the beach is a reef.
For free was also our upgrade we got from a normal bungalow to a beachfront bungalow, because no normal one was free anymore.
A minibar is available in every bungalow with a lot of drinks and snacks( to be true its not just a minibar, it's a big refrigeator filled with a lot of drinks).
On top of the refrigeator there are snacks and a modern sound system which is compatible to usb sticks, sd or mmc cards(there is already a usb stick with a lot of lounge music connected to it.
All in all my girlfriend and me are used to high german standards and thats what we found there.

We had a look to almost every Resort/Hotel along the shore but this one is our favourite and we recommend you to take your time-out there.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We booked because of it's close to the Half Moon Party location, but we didn't expect it was a so beautiful, peaceful and at the same time cool place to stay.
the staff is really professional, starting from the kind and helpful owner through the extremely available and professional general manager ending to the very kind and polite waiters. due to the beautiful music that accompanies 24 hours a day in all areas of the resort, the atmosphere is captivating ...
The food is delicious even for people like me who does not like spices.
The pool area is close to the beach where you can enjoy breathtaking sunsets.
On the hill there are elegant huts overlooking the sea from which you can enjoy a relaxing Thai massage looking at the view.
I really appreciated the environmental policy of the resort so avoid energy waste and unnecessary washing of linen have been well appreciated.
In short, the Bay Lounge and Resort is a fantastic place to stay book and enjoy it!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends