“Awful service / staff”
Review of Prick-Tai Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Pha Ngan
Prick-Tai Resort
Reviewed 20 March 2014

First of all this place is in Koh Tao, not Koh Phangan.

I stayed here 3 nights as part of a diving course, and so not to confuse, this review is purely about the accomodation, the diving course was superb! The accomodation however was terrible, mainly because of the staff on the last day, otherwise this may have got a 3 instead of a 1.
On leaving my room at 5.20 am in morning I was approached by an unknown lady (who turned out to be the receptionist) demanding my key in quite a forceful manner, I said no as had been told I would need to hand this in at the dive school. After she explained I gave it to her. Later that morning I had realised I left something in the room (bank card so quite important), admittedly my stupid error. When I went back to enquire she was unbelievably rude, and told me to go away and come back, despite having a boat to catch I did exactly that, only for her to be rude again and saying it had nothing to do with her, they refused to check the room and told me to go round the back and look in the bin, at this time she was then laughing with her colleague and pointing at me. So if you want help whilst staying here don't expect any, this lady should not be working in hospitality!
The room itself is extremely basic at best and there is much better value for money on the same road and by the beach. The room has one plug, and the electricity is intermittent, so considering it only has a fan (which you can't adjust and just points at the wall) it's pointless because it keeps going on and off all night. Curtains don't fit either so light is always coming in. I don't usually mind accomodation like this whilst travelling, but when you have places next door that are so much better (I did get a chance to see some fellow traveller) for same price or less, you realise this place is pushing their luck really.
Basically overall, koh Tao is great and is excellent for diving, just don't waste your time or damper your experience by staying here

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank T T

Reviewed 14 March 2014

We stayed at the Prik Thai resort through Roctopus Dive Shop.

The resort is very basic - concrete blocks on stilts, concrete bed base, basic bathroom - but it is kind of what your pay for! For us, it was more about the experience - the room took us by surprise when we arrived, travel-weary, but we adjusted and it served our purposes! We spent most of our days diving, so didn't spend much time actually on the resort.

We would probably stay there again, since it was cheap, clean, and right down the lane from the beach.

If you are expecting a resort or American-style hotel, Prik Thai is not for you! If you're used to backbacking and experiencing the native way of living, stay at the Prik Thai resort!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

We had an OK stay here but would probably stay somewhere else if we came back. The best part was the price - 600 baht which I think is pretty good for the island, especially since its so close to the beach. There was one window with tight louvers and one that didn't open, so you didn't get much of a breeze at night. You can hear every noise outside, although the people staying around us were quiet so this wasn't a problem. The fan was a bit noisy and the walls were disgustingly dirty - they really need to clean them or do a fresh coat of paint. The lady was quite nice when we checked in, but after that was pretty unfriendly whenever we needed to ask her something. Not overly rude, just didn't make you feel very welcome.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Pros
- good location, close to the beach
- free towel use for the beach
- own balcony

Cons
- dirty pillow cases and bed sheets
- blanket of the size of a towel
- ants in my bed
- hairs in shower
- clogged shower
- leaking sink
- electricity falls every 5 min
- in the room it says you should leave your valuable in the safe at the reception, but when I asked this was unfortunately not possible
- generally unfriendly staff
- reception closes at 17:00

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 14 February 2014

The accommodations are simple and nice, the location is great if you want to be on Sairee beach, the pool is fun too. Unfortunately the owner makes you feel unwelcome and has quite a temper. Personally I was afraid to ask for the wifi password after we saw her yell at someone earlier for doing so. The day we checked out we decided to meet with a few friends at Prik Tai before setting out for beach. We were rudely told to leave the area because we were no longer customers. They wouldn't even let us use the bathroom while we put on sunscreen. It seems like the employees at Prik Tai have been maybe hardened by obnoxious tourists visiting the island, but they should have some respect for the guests at their resort.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Rooms were fine. Clean. Beds were very uncomfortable. We asked for an extra pillow (one of us has a very bad back) and it was as if we asked for her first born child. Well, okay... we just went and bought one at the supermarket. The lady was pretty unfriendly at first, but eventually really warmed up to us and by our 7th night was more helpful by the end. Seems as though whether or not we would have stayed there really didn't matter to her, perhaps it is so busy, because of the nice location, customer service can be overlooked. Probably wouldn't stay here again when there are other lovely choices with nice customer service.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2014

My friends & I booked Prick Thai (This is a review for the Prick Thai on Koh Tao (Sairee Beach) - I'm not sure if there is another location on Ko Phangan?) through Scuba Junction.
The lady at the front desk was pretty unfriendly throughout our stay, but on the last night we had an incident where we were unsure if we would be able to get our laundry back before leaving on the 6 a.m. ferry because the front desk was closed & laundry was not at our room as promised. This led to the woman yelling at staff members from the dive shop & saying "I hate you and your Scuba Junction divers."
Not a great last impression.
*However, after all of that, at least we did get our laundry back.)
Overall, it was very convenient for diving purposes as it was 10 steps away from the dive shop/beach.
We had an unconditioned hut with a double bed + a single bed (there were 3 of us.)
We were relieved when we saw 2 fans mounted on the walls, but those fans were extremely squeaky & were annoying during the night.
The accommodation was extremely basic, with a sheet on the beds, a small sheet each to cover yourself at night, and no toilet paper, soap, etc. I guess this is what the cheap price suggests.
It's a good price & good location, if you are willing to deal with explosive staff & basic accom then go for it - if not, find somewhere nicer on Sairee Beach.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends