“Don't stay here - there is better”
Review of Prick-Tai Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Pha Ngan
Prick-Tai Resort
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

To make a long story short safe your breath. The lady at reception is horrible. You won't get any cleaning or toilet paper unless you beg for it. Wi-Fi only from the tattoo shop next door. The place where reception of Wi-Fi is good is mosquito infested. Due to constructing a new building on the premises it is very loud all day long. The very nice pools are occupied by three different dive shops throughout the day. The fan rooms are like saunas because the sun is beating down on them all day long. Sadly the location is the best feature of it all.

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed there as part of a diving course "for free", but calculating from the discount one would receive it's 600 Baht per night. This is too much for a room with fan, cold shower, no toilet paper and no cleaning in a whole week.
The noise from the construction of a new building next to the (new) pool woke me up every morning at 8am.

Otherwise, the location is good, away from any party beats (although the occasional noise from other guests might wake you because of either the open window or the thin walls).

Room Tip: I stayed in the apartment building opposite of the pool, these are slightly bigger than the bungalow...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank IngoCH
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

The woman that works here is one of the most awful people I've ever met. After staying four nights and checking out I politely asked her to use an outlet to charge my phone but for every outlet she had a different excuse why I couldn't use it. Finally she said no to the last two open outlets saying they were being used (they weren't) and I finally exclaimed "Why can't I just use this outlet" which made her go absolutely crazy. She got super aggressive even after I tried to repeatedly apologize and started hitting me with her broom (sadly not even kidding). After I walked the 150m with her following close behind saying lovely things like "I hope terrible things happen to you. I hope you get robbed. *Expletive* you." I was glad to reach the main road without this woman having seriously assaulted me yet. I started walking down the main road and she even followed me for another 10-15 meters with her charming threats. I would have rated this a 3 star hotel if this psychopath wasn't in charge. I would never ever give that terrible woman another baht. Do yourself a favor and stay anywhere else besides Prick-Tai on Sairee Beach!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Dave M
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed at this "resort" as part of the dive course we were on with Roctopus. Just to make it clear, this a review of Prick-Tai only and is no reflection of the dive course itself which was fantastic!

The room is pretty basic and while it has a double bed, my friend and I chose not to share as it is pretty small. I found the bed to be full of sand and with odd smudges in certain places. Also has a tendency to attract ants. Hence I spent my entire time there using my sleeping bad.

The bathroom drain kept clogging up and I could never find anyone at reception to get it looked at. There was also a hole in the bathroom roof through which a gecko made it into the bathroom, to snooze behind the bathroom mirror.

There is a wall-mounted fan which is absolutely ridiculous and points towards the foot of the bed. Hence I had to sleep upside down to get any air on me.

There is no WiFi, which was a first for us since every other place we had been to in Thailand had WiFi regardless of whether it was a 200B hostel or 5-star hotel. Reception closes at 5pm which is also a pain!

If you're not too fussed about where you are sleeping, as we were since we spent most of our time diving or out with friends, it is workable. But I would not go back there. And for 400B a night, there are much better options available in the vicinity.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

So me and my friend arrived here for a few days to only be greeted by the rudest woman on earth. We where taken to our hut which because it was a fan room it was cooler outside than it was inside the hut.

That night when we were fast asleep, slowly cooking in what could only be described as a fan oven, the fan fell off the wall and exploded everywhere if we were literally a few inches to the right one of us wouldn't have had a head. Due to the reception not being 24hours we had no choice to sleep in the room until the next day.

I went to the office the following morning greeted by little miss sunshine and after explaining to her what happened she said "it's not my problem, it's not my fault" after talking to her for a good 20minutes she eventually agreed to put a fan in our room after also trying to pass the blame onto us.

The room is very basic, rooms are far to hot, rude staff no wifi at all. Shocking! Stay somewhere else especially at this price!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dean P
Reviewed 24 March 2014

As the last review, everything would be ok if not considering last day. We had a snorkel day trip and checked out before leaving in the morning. The "lovely" receptionist started her "lovely" behavior by almost not permiting us to leave the luggage at reception, telling that she would leave at 17h. Then refused to give us a locker telling it was only for the guests (?). When we came back, she refused to let us take a quick shower in the shower place close to the pool, telling that suddenly the place was "out of water". My friend took his chance anyway (ok, not god behavior, but well) and when she realized what was going on, started to freak out, yelling that he would have to pay 300 baht (even though the double room coasted 400 baht, the best price I could find around after Full Moon Party). He said he would pay max 100 baht, and then she became really agressive. Started to kick his backpack in the ground (breaking a lot of stuff inside), and threatened to beat him (!!!). Would be comic if not sad, specially considering such a touristic place where people should be used to travellers needs. Advice: keep out, this place deserves to close by keeping such a ignorant woman in charge.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Debora Z
Reviewed 20 March 2014

First of all this place is in Koh Tao, not Koh Phangan.

I stayed here 3 nights as part of a diving course, and so not to confuse, this review is purely about the accomodation, the diving course was superb! The accomodation however was terrible, mainly because of the staff on the last day, otherwise this may have got a 3 instead of a 1.
On leaving my room at 5.20 am in morning I was approached by an unknown lady (who turned out to be the receptionist) demanding my key in quite a forceful manner, I said no as had been told I would need to hand this in at the dive school. After she explained I gave it to her. Later that morning I had realised I left something in the room (bank card so quite important), admittedly my stupid error. When I went back to enquire she was unbelievably rude, and told me to go away and come back, despite having a boat to catch I did exactly that, only for her to be rude again and saying it had nothing to do with her, they refused to check the room and told me to go round the back and look in the bin, at this time she was then laughing with her colleague and pointing at me. So if you want help whilst staying here don't expect any, this lady should not be working in hospitality!
The room itself is extremely basic at best and there is much better value for money on the same road and by the beach. The room has one plug, and the electricity is intermittent, so considering it only has a fan (which you can't adjust and just points at the wall) it's pointless because it keeps going on and off all night. Curtains don't fit either so light is always coming in. I don't usually mind accomodation like this whilst travelling, but when you have places next door that are so much better (I did get a chance to see some fellow traveller) for same price or less, you realise this place is pushing their luck really.
Basically overall, koh Tao is great and is excellent for diving, just don't waste your time or damper your experience by staying here

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo