1,925 results
All reviews beach front koh phangan pillow menu the beach club restaurant fire show beautiful beach a pool view room bass small village speed boat transfer cooking class free kayaks wonderful hotel special thanks every evening egg station relaxing holiday
Reviewed 16 July 2018

As far as i could judge it's the best place to stay at Phangan. I liked mostly everything, rooms, beach, pool and etc.
The rooms are very cosy and well equipped. The hotel is rather compact but very well planned and you have a feeling thet there is a lot of places around you. We were there at June and even there were some rains we enjoyed them in the pool.
But the most special thing about the hotel it's the staff. People that work there are absolute gems. They are very friendly, attentive and efficient. They made our visit ounstanding pleasent and we will definitely come back next year

Room tip: I liked garden rooms
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Anyza
Boonwit, General Manager at Buri Rasa Koh Phangan, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Dear Anyza

Warmest greeting from Buri Rasa Koh Phangan!
Many thanks for taking the time to write to us in review at Tripadvisor and for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent experiences! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your time here with us. I will forward this your words to the team. I'm sure that they will be very happy to hear this. I hope welcome you back in the near future, So that we can do are best to give you any exceptional experience and I shall arrange for your reservation and speedboat transfer myself.

Boonwit Leakdee

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

This was our 4th or 5th visit and I have to say it didn’t live up to previous experiences. Difficult to put our finger in what precisely has changed; maybe with so much discounting the hotel felt very full all the time, not enough sun beds for the number of rooms, perhaps a symptom of overdevelopment of the site.

In the restaurant, whilst service was good there seemed to be a lot of non Thai staff this time, which meant the traditional Thai warmth and hospitality did not come through as strongly.

There were some stand out staff members, Bas on the beach and Thom, but we had one particular experience with front desk, which felt like the focus was on making life easy for the staff, and not necessarily focussing in the guest.

The sister resort in Chaweng still maintains the ambience that this resort seems to have lost. Will probably look elsewhere on Phangan next time.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank scottl687

Dear scott L

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. On behalf of the team, please accept our sincere apologies for our shortcomings. We were honored to welcome you to Burirasa Village Koh Phangan and were truly saddened that your stay did not meet expectations for about the sunbeds which I'm guarantree for sunbeds enough for the number of room, about the staff at restaurant mostly Thai poeple 95% and still keep the traditional Thai warmth and hospitality concept too, for staff stand on the beach this is our culture which we necessarily focussing and give honor to our guests and I am very sorry to inform you that you must check out because there is a storm coming and the next hotel is not confirmed that you are going there rooms will be ready after you have gone there. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Burirasa Village Koh Phangan once again in the near future. Please contact me directly if you choose to come back so I can personally take of your booking to ensure a flawless flaw.

Boonwit Leaked

Reviewed 14 July 2018

it really is a little corner of Paradise. I can't fault it, everything is just lovely. The room was very stylish and spotlessly clean; we stayed in a pool view room as a family of three, which was very comfortable despite the additional bed taking up some room. The Thai food (didn't try any western dishes) in the hotel restaurant is delicious, breakfast is lovely too with a huge choice. Hotel staff has been fantastic throughout, everybody was super friendly; I would highly recommend the spa - treatments are excellent and reasonably priced.
Definitely would return to the Buri Rasa on my next trip to Koh Phangan!

Room tip: pool view rooms on first floor are better as the ground floor rooms seem to have less privacy due to their close proximity to the pool.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MiniOne

Dear MiniOne

Thank you for your “A little corner of paradise” review at Trip Advisor, It is so nice to receive positive feedback such as yours and all the team were delighted when they read your review and I will forward this your review to our team. Whenever your travel plans take you back to Koh Phangan, please do send us an email and I shall arrange for your reservation and speedboat transfer myself.

Boonwit Leakedee

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

The location and facilities of the Buri Rasa are perfect to enjoy a relaxing Thai beach experience. Beautiful clean water, plenty of sand and a low key vibe. Good for a swim, a walk along the water or to read a book on the sun lounges, or use the stand up paddles or kayaks. There is a small boat company just along the sand from the Buri Rasa and we easily organised a private snorkelling trip for a reasonable price directly with the skipper. This part of Koh Phangan has a nice stretch of beach with just a few restaurants right on the beach. The adjoining side road has all a tourist needs with several cafes and restaurants, shops, small supermarkets, tourist/transport shop and importantly, about 8 massage houses. We stayed 6 nights in an Ocean View Deluxe room, which had a good sized balcony. The view was beautiful to wake up to each morning. It was a good sized room and a very comfortable bed and bathroom. There is a small gym. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed Chef Wat especially and his cooking class was a lot of fun. The breakfast is plentiful and lots of options including an egg station which always makes my partner happy. The coffee is the only weak point. There is both filtered coffee and Italian coffee but both are equally tasteless. This is a fairly new and attractive property with good facilities but there were several signs of outstanding maintenance items (which I reported) which they need to get on top of in order to keep this property’s high ratings. We had a great stay and would happily return.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank galtons

Dear galtons

Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your memorable experience. It is such an honor being part of your delightful holiday. It is always encouraging to hear that our guests enjoyed with our staff service, our facilities and activities and have so many positive things to say. It is much appreciated. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back here again in the near future. If the next time you come back please direct contact to me for room reservation and speedboat transfer I can handling personally.

Boonwit Leaked

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Spent 8 nights here, and we loved it. Our room was right on the beach, with our own banana lounges right out front of our door. The staff were very friendly and helpful. There is the Main Street which has some great little restaurants, we loved the Jip Shop, food was great and the front of house lady was so friendly and helpful. I had 3 Thai massages, at Bur Rasa Spa and the ladies there were very good at what they do. The beach is lovely. This is our 2nd stay here and are never disappointed. We had a Luxury Escapes package and was definitely worth it.

Room tip: Recommend the rooms facing the beach on the ground floor.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Annie J
Boonwit, General Manager at Buri Rasa Koh Phangan, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Dear Annie J

Warmest greeting from Buri Rasa Koh Phangan!
Many thanks for taking the time to write to us in review at Tripadvisor and for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent experiences! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your time here with us, especially the staff was very friendly and helpful and you are happy with Thai massage with us. We hope welcome you back in the near future for the third time, So that we can do are best to give you any exceptional experience and I shall arrange for your reservation and speedboat transfer myself.

Boonwit Leakdee