“Don't see why there are terrible comments this place is great!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Phatchara Guest House

Phatchara Guest House
Ranked #71 of 128 Ko Pha Ngan B&B and Inns
Perth, Australia
“Don't see why there are terrible comments this place is great!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We are a young couple currently traveling.
We gave this place a chance as we think most comments on trip adviser are written by people that have had a bad experience somewhere and only the bad comments seem to get written rather then the good

This place was one of the last available during the full moon party on the 15th of February 2014 and only one in our price range.

The rooms are lovely, clean, kettle fridge and hair dryer all included, cold and hot water and well working aircon.
The staff are wonderful and always helpful. The pool is small but very clean and has a bar attached to it! The restaurant provides very nice food at affordable prices and all service came with a smile.

There's a seven eleven 2 min down the road and is walking distance to the food markets and stalls (about 10/15min walk)

The hotel arranged transport to the full moon party for 100b per person and was willing to help us with anything we asked. It is also walking distance from the peer you get dropped of at :)

Defiantly a good stay and I think the bad comments were either at a bad time or havnt experienced 'bad' hotels in Thailand - as we have defiantly been in a few!!

We were very happy with our stay here and would defiantly book it again

Stayed February 2014

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Victoria, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I arrived to find at least 30 guys crawling all over the block being built within touching distance of my room. There were continual hammering, sawing, drilling, shouting noises. I had to walk through construction mud to get to reception. I had paid the high cost, believing I was booking into a resort with a pool. The pool is no bigger than a fountain, the rooms are fine, but all annexed in one central hallway which would get noisy. I stayed exactly 3 minutes and then went and asked for my money back. They let me go without any problems.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere till the construction is finished
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Ko Pha Ngan hotels

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

We were picked up from the pier free of charge by a guy that works there and he carried in all 3 of our back packs for us, one passport is required but everything seems so legit that we were fine about leaving it with these.Yes, they are currently building more to the hotel so you can tell that its an upcoming hotel and everything is incredibly clean and modern. More than impressed with the size of our room, it had three beds but could've easily fitted another one and still had room. The staff literally cannot do enough for you, the best customer service I've ever had in Thailand, they were so helpful and tried to do everything for you. They had breakfast free of charge (although it could've done with being warm)- my only downfall but when it's free who are you to complain! They also had a small swimming pool and the place looks really great and upcoming. Rooms are so clean and spacious, THE best service I've received and I'm glad I stayed here. We stayed over the full moon period, there's not alot to do around the hotel, not alot of restaurants etc. as the whole island is pretty much dead but this hotel is great to stay at especially with a hangover after the full moon! And the man gave us a free ride back to the pier as we left, top service!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Oslo, Norway
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

I booked a 2 week stay, and my friend whom I was travelling with booked 1 week, and our credit cards were charged upon arrival. The rooms were clean, but they were doing work on the building, so the property was basically a construction area. The first morning we were woken up at 8 AM by the construction workers - the sound was so loud it was impossible to sleep.

We went down to the reception and said that we wanted to move. The girl in the reception called her manager, and after speaking with her informed us that they wouldn't give us our money back, and that the manager wasn't available until 5 PM.

We understood that the girl in the reception couldn't do anything for us, as it was up to the manager, so we moved to a different place, and decided to keep the room keys until we had gotten the opportunity to talk to the manager.

At 5 PM we showed up again, and explained that we had moved out because it was impossible to sleep at a construction area. We asked to get our money back, minus the first night plus an additional night as a curteous offer. They declined this, and said we could have back 30 % of the money we had paid, which we in return declined (we had paid for 2 and 1 weeks!!!), saying that we would accept a 60 % reimbursement.

The manager was being very rude and unfriendly, standing behind our backs the whole time, yelling to her employee behind the desk and having him translate from Thai to English and not once acknowledging our presence directly.

After some discussion back and forth, we said we would accept a 50 % reimbursement, which they said was out of the question, as they had cancelled someone elses booking (!!!) so that we could stay there instead. Which for starters is extremely unprofessional, but also a lie, as we saw that the place was literally empty with plenty of available rooms. A friend of hers showed up (we were not told who she was, as she never introduced herself to us) and joined in and yelled at us that we had ten minutes to leave the premises and that they never wanted to see us again.

We said that then we would try to get our money back from our credit card companies, and that we would keep the room keys for the remainer of the time we had paid for (2 and 1 weeks respectively) unless we were able to get our money back.

We then got up to leave. The manager's friend came running after us and threatened us that if we didn't give the keys back she would call the police. Which she then did, and two police men showed up. The two women were yelling and shouting their side of the story to the police.

After this, the police came to us asking what had happened. I started to explain, but the manager's friend kept interrupting me, screaming and shouting about "farang" and how they never wanted to see us again. I asked her to calm down and please let me answer the police man's questions, but she just kept on yelling saying that she didn't want to hear a word I said. I was both scared and shocked, as I have never experienced this kind of behavious from anyone before - and especially not any Thai, as all Thais I have met until this have been very calm and polite.

Eventually the ladies just walked away, and the police men, who were very nice and friendly, got our side of the story. At this time I was in tears because I was so upset. One of the police men said not to worry and signalled with his hands that the ladies were crazy. They then left.

I have been to Thailand many times, and love both the country and the people, so I am writing this to warn other travellers not to stay here, because I don't want anyone to risk being robbed and harassed by these awful people and then getting the wrong impression of Thailand altogether.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Verdensborger101
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

Stayed here for 4 days but never again!Turned out to be the MOST EXPENSIVE stay ever. In order for your room to be cleaned, you must leave your room key in the reception. We left our key with them and went out for the day. On return the room was not cleaned, VERY POOR service. Instead of cleaning the room they had cleaned out my wallet instead!! I had a large amount of Euros&British Sterling money in a wallet hidden in my luggage which the housekeeping had ROBBED!!! STAY CLEAR of this place, no safety deposit box so your belongings are NOT SAFE from these pettyTHIEVES!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple