“Food from God” 5 of 5 bubbles

Koh Phangan Santorini Restaurant
Ranked #127 of 354 Restaurants in Ko Pha Ngan
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Pattaya, Thailand
“Food from God”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

When you are walking down the street and you see a sign that says "Food by Chef God" ... well you've got to try it right?

Last month I was on Koh Phangan and I ended up eating food from God every night they were open.

I tried everything.

The first night it was a special that included a grilled salmon with a southern Thai curry topped with a sprig of dill. The portion and seasoning were flawlessly executed.

On another night I had a light seared ahi tuna salad that was exactly what I wanted.

On my third visit to Santorini restaurant, I came with a heavy heart. An old friend and one of my favorite chef's on this planet had passed away. I wandered into Chef God's place and ordered exactly the first meal my late friend ever served me; Greek Salad and a braised Lamb Shank. Believe it or not, it actually made me feel better. Talk about comfort food.

What I liked most about this restaurant was the menu is so varied with cuisine as well as portions. Some nights I wanted a light bite like the Chicken Ceasar; other nights the hearty flavors of lamb. I always seemed to find exactly what I wanted.

And, Santorini also features two things you don't always get in a restaurant in Thailand ... cheerful staff and great wines by the glass.

I spoke to the chef briefly and his is an interesting story. One thing is for sure, he isn't located on this little side street on this relatively remote island to get rich. He genuinely loves to make people happy with his food.

Chef God? Sure, why not!

• Thai first
London, United Kingdom
“Very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

I came here a couple of times. Good menu. I had the seared tuna (ok) and the lamb shank (yes it fell off the bone - lovely! Bit more mash with it would've been good though). Service was good.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Sandinmytoesplease
uk
“my favourite on walking street”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

not like anything else here , the food is always perfect, kobe steaks are to die for , and a good selection of seafood and shells, perfection

Visited January 2014
4 Thank andyrduggins
London, United Kingdom
“World class!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

The food here is a spectacular fusion of Thai and European cuisine. Highlights for us were the seared tuna and the grilled squid. This is not just a great dining experience for Koh Pahgnan it would not be out of place in any great world city. The menu is full of freshness and creativity, don't miss it.

1 Thank Tom19999
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Everything we ordered was great and service was just perfect. If you are a garlic lover, you will thoroughly enjoy their bruschetta. The greek salad was also delicious with a hearty portion of feta cheese. The tuna seemed to have been perfectly seared with a thick crust of black pepper around the edge. Tiger prawn shrimp was very tasty and the wine was good. Thanks for beginning some delicious Mediterranean food to Koh Phangan!

Visited February 2014